Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Black August posted:

experience and try many different styles and modes of self. chip away the stone to find which one you know is your true self in that respect. commit to self-honesty about why you get the moods you do, what past events or experiences or traumas might color those reactions and patterns. figure out the patterns of confidence, calm, and self-love with the assurance and honesty of knowing how you work, and thinking about how you WANT to work

commit to finding yourself over assuming you already know yourself

well said. if there's only one TRUE version of yourself then you're an exceedingly simple person. rather, the self is constantly in flux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm going into work in an hour and I don't wanna, but I've gotta make money. God drat though, I'd love to be able to just sit around for the rest of the day and free my mind, vegging out. I'm tired of poo poo. Atleast I have Friday and Saturday off this week.

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

:yeah:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I associate with very few people, and yet I am continually surprised by the large percentage that think that they know/understand me, and then expect things that are wildly out of character from me, or make assumptions about my own wants and needs based on their misconceptions. They either fail to notice that I'm showing them who I am, or mistrust it as a guise or act, or just misremember whole swaths of my actions to fit their own narratives. It's frustrating.

I don't exist when you don't see me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Obsidianheart posted:

I associate with very few people, and yet I am continually surprised by the large percentage that think that they know/understand me, and then expect things that are wildly out of character from me, or make assumptions about my own wants and needs based on their misconceptions. They either fail to notice that I'm showing them who I am, or mistrust it as a guise or act, or just misremember whole swaths of my actions to fit their own narratives. It's frustrating.

Perhaps this is a failing with your associates?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Literally A Person posted:

Perhaps this is a failing with your associates?

"If the only constant in all your failed associations is you..."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Obsidianheart posted:

In this world of Donald Trumps and Harvey Weinsteins everyone expects the worst out of everyone. There is no benefit of the doubt. If you like your alone time you are obviously some ax murderer that has sex with his victims bodies.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
gently caress you all.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress you all.

Don't be such an old bittie.

Obsidianheart posted:

I like to think of it as so far I am better than everyone else I've associated with..

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress you all.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Obsidianheart posted:

Hey sometimes you put yourself out there and you just aren't other people's cup of tea. It's not that you ain't trying it's just that no one wants what you got.