Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ANUSTART posted:

education reform and funding

That's a good joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I for one am shocked that
Never
A
Straight
Answer
is trying to hide the truth about brooms.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

brooms are boring as poo poo, one time back at college i walked through the closed pub as a shortcut during the winter and at like 2am, in the middle of the night, i was possibly the only witness to a cue ball held aloft by three pool cues on the pool table, each braced against the rail and pointing up to hold this loving cue ball up like three feet off the table

i took pictures with my phone because it was so bizarre, like seeing a goddamn sasquatch, but alas it was like six phones ago. who did that? why?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Why today? The version I always heard was that it was only possible on the Equinox

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you have to do it at lahaina noon

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I've spent 3 hours today trying to balance a stack of nickels on my dick. They keep falling off. Can't even get one to go.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Apparently some idiots that don’t understand center of gravity are gullible enough to believe it when they’re told that THIS DAY ONLY you can balance your broom because our gravitational field is different and NASA said so

gravity does vary daily dude to the position of the moon and the sun

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

brooms are boring as poo poo, one time back at college i walked through the closed pub as a shortcut during the winter and at like 2am, in the middle of the night, i was possibly the only witness to a cue ball held aloft by three pool cues on the pool table, each braced against the rail and pointing up to hold this loving cue ball up like three feet off the table

i took pictures with my phone because it was so bizarre, like seeing a goddamn sasquatch, but alas it was like six phones ago. who did that? why?

it's amazing how quickly and how far phone camera technology has advanced. pictures from even like 5 years ago have noticeably less quality

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

house of the dad posted:

I've spent 3 hours today trying to balance a stack of nickels on my dick. They keep falling off. Can't even get one to go.
I've gotten pretty good at stacking quarters on my elbow and grabbing them with the same hand

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

food court bailiff posted:

it was god who did that.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Despera posted:

gravity does vary daily dude to the position of the moon and the sun

No poo poo (that’s why tides are a thing), but the minuscule variance isn’t gonna make or break standing up a broom on one very special day

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i tried to stand up a broom today and it fell over. NASA was telling the truth!

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Ruggan posted:

No poo poo (that’s why tides are a thing), but the minuscule variance isn’t gonna make or break standing up a broom on one very special day

You would think that (because of stupidity), but here we are balancing brooms on this one very special day.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
no the special day was yesterday. today the brooms fall over again

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Shaka, when the Brooms Fell

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1227273760228683776?s=20

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

this couldve been recorded the day before

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Minorkos posted:

this couldve been recorded the day before

Not A Straight Answer does it again

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Uhhhh why is nobody in the thread addressing this glaring issue??

That flat earth documentary is so good and has such a good ending.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

house of the dad posted:

try dimes instead

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
hey op, do you know what else is standing up on its own today?

:wink:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SubnormalityStairs posted:

hey op, do you know what else is standing up on its own today?

:wink:

My 2 year old

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yikes those aren't supposed to last longer than four hours, you should see a doctor

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ruggan posted:

its not the longest leap of logic that something that can move trillions of gallons of water might have an effect on a broom.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

N.ever
A.
S.traight
A.nswer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol cnn has this on the front page

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i tried staning on a broom i stood up and now im a human popsicle and loving it

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
My kid stands brooms up all the time, and at first I was like "Whoa" but now I'm like, "Seriously put that poo poo back in the laundry room, jerk."

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the rain man of standing brooms

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Stood it up
Kitty knocked it over

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
gravity is by far the least understood thing in physics. becoming king smug beause you have a slightly higher comprehension of it than the average layperson says more about you than them.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Despera posted:

gravity is by far the least understood thing in physics. becoming king smug beause you have a slightly higher comprehension of it than the average layperson says more about you than them.

:smugdog:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The muscular action from your sphincter is capable of holding up multiple brooms against the force of gravity :science:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Colonel Cancer posted:

The muscular action from your sphincter is capable of holding up multiple brooms against the force of gravity :science:

Fun fact, NASA spent over $45M to discover this.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Pawn 17 posted:

Fun fact, NASA spent over $45M to discover this.

And Russians just used a pencil!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Boomstick challenge.