Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Trea Turner was also a PTBNL and MLB changed the rule regarding draft picks and PTBNLs because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

General Dog posted:

Who is the greatest “player to be named later” of all time?

the dude that ended up being traded for himself

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Who was it on the Oakland A's who made his player weekend nickname "PTBNL"? Josh Phegley?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

still cheaper and better than big cable tbqh

It's barely cheaper now, probably more expensive if you can get any special pricing deal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

It's barely cheaper now, probably more expensive if you can get any special pricing deal.

Being able to watch everything on my computer and also having unlimited DVR is a very large part of that very important "better than" component of my statement though lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Adding a cable package to my internet cost me less than $15 extra

Then sports were cancelled :v:

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
I dunno, I tried to add cable to my internet and it became ludicrously more expensive than streaming services. Maybe it's a regional thing.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
lol owned https://twitter.com/taddmike/status/1278032989293875200?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Milovan Drecun posted:

I dunno, I tried to add cable to my internet and it became ludicrously more expensive than streaming services. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Well once the year is over it'll go way up. I'm still in the promotional period

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Being able to watch everything on my computer and also having unlimited DVR is a very large part of that very important "better than" component of my statement though lol

I agree with this, I'm not happy about the price increase but DVR + Fees + Taxes on Comcast was still more than my entire YTTV package after this increase.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've done the math on cutting the cord a bunch of times and it juts never seems worth it. I think sports is the big thing because like if you want to follow all sports with your teams and national games that poo poo just adds up, especially if you don't like watching on your computer like me. Then like there's news or whatever weekly shows some people might be into. And then internet ends up packaged to my cable so I have to do that too. Its not that hard if you're like just doing a la carte service subscriptions for one based on what you want to binge or are in the mood for. But if you have multiple people with varied interests and watching on different devices it gets a lot harder and more expensive. Every time I've worked up a plan its never seemed worth it when I add up the math, and sometimes more expensive.

But like i still think we're living in the blessed tv watching time that you have those choices the way you didn't 10-20 years ago.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i just saw mike schmidt's comments on kennesaw mountain landis and that made me love that burly armed man even more

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

hahaha

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Hell yes this is good.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Was this an important home run? Or is this guy just being a prick?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Patrick Spens posted:

Does it matter?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

General Dog posted:

Who is the greatest “player to be named later” of all time?

Ryne Sandberg.

Also Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Patrick Spens posted:

lmao who cares

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Michael Brantley was also a PTBNL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Papi clearly wins so I guess it's a race for second

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Bobby Bonilla is making more money than a lot of active major leaguers this year!

Justin Verlander's paycheque is approximately only 10x Bobby Bonilla's age-57 retirement season.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 1, 2020

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

Papi clearly wins so I guess it's a race for second

Sandberg > Papi, fite me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Papi doesn't count as the best PTBNL because that was when he was traded to the Twins, who wasted him. It wasn't until after he was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox and took steroids that he became Big Papi.

new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931022