Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The only one of those questions I can answer with any confidence (and even then, not 100%) is that ailments do not crit.

But I agree that some parts of the core combat feel very good. A lot of attacks and spells have a feeling of weight that's missing in other games in the genre.

I think that's why I haven't been able to just throw this game on the trash pile. It looks good and feels nice to play; I just wish the rest of it measured up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

on sale for $8. worth it at that pricepoint?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

I just checked the patch notes since I last played and I'm not seeing anything about the inventory corruption issues I had.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Captain Foo posted:

I think so - I picked it up for around that price just before the major 'endgame' patch and had fun with the campaign despite the bugs. Melee combat had a satisfying weight to it, especially with 2H, and none of the bugs I encountered broke the game although YMMV.

They've committed to releasing a patch a week since the 'endgame' update and they've kept up with that which is good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

I think so - I picked it up for around that price just before the major 'endgame' patch and had fun with the campaign despite the bugs. Melee combat had a satisfying weight to it, especially with 2H, and none of the bugs I encountered broke the game although YMMV.

They've committed to releasing a patch a week since the 'endgame' update and they've kept up with that which is good.

I ended up picking it up. Started as an archer but have switched to daggers. Attack speed seems a bit clunky? But for eight bux I’m not complaining much.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just made it through the first couple of major setpieces of chapter 2, seems decently fun so far.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

put it down for a bit (but then picked back up) after reaching chapter 4/(pre)endgame? just tapped level 50, playing a daggers/slayer's flurry build focused on crit/hit damage. Seems highly effective but glass cannony, though I've only actually hard died once the entire time so far. No real idea what i'm doing, but playing an arpg blind for the first time is a fun experience

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ok lol killed the act 4 boss and then the screen glitched out and i didn't get to see the climactic cutscene. that's wolcen i guess

e- got the denouement though

e2- steam says that was 19 hours, watching all content and going through all dialogue.

e3- level 54

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 24, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I've gotten to act 4/level 43 without dying at all, somehow

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Okay yeah beat it at 56 without dying, got the same grey screen instead of the ending that I assume you mentioned. That sure was an ARPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kirbysuperstar posted:

Okay yeah beat it at 56 without dying, got the same grey screen instead of the ending that I assume you mentioned. That sure was an ARPG.

Yeah lol :cheers: i enjoyed it well enough and will be playing some endgame until i get bored, i suppose