Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
If the motherfucker can tame and train a barracuda then that's really something. Even Croc Master would be impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

LingcodKilla posted:

Cobra Trooper 1: Did you hear Troy McLure joined Cobra Command?

Cobra Trooper 2: Yeah I hear he’s a fishman.

Cobra Trooper 3: No, he got training as a frogman.

Cobra Trooper 2: Uh... well...how do I explain this...

He sleeps with the fishes!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Croc Master has a backstory in the IDW comics, but it can be pretty much summed up with: he's from Florida.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Croc Master has a backstory in the IDW comics, but it can be pretty much summed up with: he's from Florida.

Florida Man as a Cobra operative is a terrifying foe.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think that's a little reductive, considering how crazy his backstory actually is

Although "Florida man quits job at Alarmforce to start his own company selling untrained alligators as security devices" is a headline I wouldn't be all that surprised to see

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Subtle nod to the meth there as well.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Sunswipe posted:

So, uh... no mention of why he's got a fish. Or even that he's got a fish.

Maybe he's always followed by a fish and no one likes to mention it.

"organically conditioned"

So, like, that just means that Destro gave him an extra bottle of vitamin C every month to help him fight off the many infections he/they would pick up in disease-ridden waters, right?

(I had this guy as a kid)

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I know this thread seems to have died, but Hasbro put up an official G.I. Joe website with a character list that seems to be previewing upcoming action figures in the new 6" G.I. Joe Classified line:

https://gijoe.hasbro.com/en-us/characters

Most of the usual suspects are there, plus some surprising deeper cuts.

Hasbro's G.I. Joe social media accounts are promising announcements and reveals all week, culminating in a "Fan Friday" on https://hasbropulse.com/ this coming Friday, which will probably be the first opportunity to see all the newly-announced figures and merchandise in one place and preorder them. We might even get the first teaser trailer for the Snake Eyes movie.

I know this thread was created to make fun of G.I. Joe, but I know there are some old and lapsed fans here, so that's why I'm sharing.

The new Snake Eyes figure is awesome, for what it's worth:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I got that Snake Eyes figure too; it does look really good. He sits on my desk until the cat decides to knock him off.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

I think that's a little reductive, considering how crazy his backstory actually is

Although "Florida man quits job at Alarmforce to start his own company selling untrained alligators as security devices" is a headline I wouldn't be all that surprised to see

Who would "A casual visitor to Cobra Island" be?

Why would Cobra Island have a visitor not accompanied by guides/security personnel?

Why would Cobra Island install "mazes worth of trained crocodile pits" rather than "a locked door"?

Why would Cobra Island let people ON Cobra Island if they had things on there that secret?

How would a "NON-Casual Visitor" or "the people who need to get there" access these places protected by an never ended maze of crocodile traps? "Steve I just need to check the server room." "Well it's 4 miles of crocodile corridor and some proximity mines, and then you get to the breakroom. Take a left. Then.."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Why was has there never been a Snake Eyes and Batman team up? I really want to see that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Who would "A casual visitor to Cobra Island" be?

Why would Cobra Island have a visitor not accompanied by guides/security personnel?

Why would Cobra Island install "mazes worth of trained crocodile pits" rather than "a locked door"?

Why would Cobra Island let people ON Cobra Island if they had things on there that secret?

How would a "NON-Casual Visitor" or "the people who need to get there" access these places protected by an never ended maze of crocodile traps? "Steve I just need to check the server room." "Well it's 4 miles of crocodile corridor and some proximity mines, and then you get to the breakroom. Take a left. Then.."

If playing Evil Genius taught me anything, this is more common than you think.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

RandomFerret posted:

This is High Art, it belongs in a museum.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I imagine Cobra Island is like North Korea. Like, you're dumb for visiting there but they want visitors to come and spend money there and poo poo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sounds like Cobra Island is a tourist trap.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I imagine Cobra Island is like North Korea. Like, you're dumb for visiting there but they want visitors to come and spend money there and poo poo.

Oh so its Disneyland.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

Why was has there never been a Snake Eyes and Batman team up? I really want to see that

Snake Eyes belongs to Hasbro, Batman belongs to DC.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Also, Snake Eyes kills people.

The inconsistent updated art on that Hasbro site doesn't hold a candle to OG box art, and trying to make Chuckles look less like Magnum PI just makes him look more like a Boogaloo Boy.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Lots of new G.I. Joes have been announced in the 6" Classified line:

Available for preorder now on https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe :
Three different variants of the same Cobra Commander, including a fancy special edition
A gaudy and garish "Profit Director" Destro variant based on the obscure and ultra-rare "Pimp Daddy" Destro
Gung Ho
Red Ninja Viper
Storm Shadow (only a cold weather variant so far; an Amazon exclusive)

And some upcoming Target exclusives that were revealed this week:
The Baroness (with a motorcycle nobody wanted, to jack up the price to $40)
Cobra Trooper
Beach Head
Roadblock (another variant with a black tank top, a long beard, and the same weapon)

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 24, 2020

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I know this thread seems to have died, but Hasbro put up an official G.I. Joe website with a character list that seems to be previewing upcoming action figures in the new 6" G.I. Joe Classified line:

https://gijoe.hasbro.com/en-us/characters

Most of the usual suspects are there, plus some surprising deeper cuts.

Weird that Rock n Roll has a full sleeve tattoo now.
Also, holy lol that Agent Helix even made that list.

EDIT:
JFC at this Pimp Destro:

Obsidianheart fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 25, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What the gently caress is that

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Obsidianheart posted:

JFC at this Pimp Destro:

I never cared about G.I.Joe but I I like this action figure. It's great.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The voice actor for Destro won't sign those ones at conventions. He finds them offensive.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I find it offensive and I don't even give a poo poo about gi joe or the stupid figures

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

RandomFerret posted:

The voice actor for Destro won't sign those ones at conventions. He finds them offensive.

I was gonna say "why, is that a Scottish stereotype?" but then I realized his voice actor is probably black. I think it's dope but I can see why he might be suspicious of his character getting the "pimp" remix and not the others.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Lots of new G.I. Joes have been announced in the 6" Classified line:

Available for preorder now on https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe :
Three different variants of the same Cobra Commander, including a fancy special edition
A gaudy and garish "Profit Director" Destro variant based on the obscure and ultra-rare "Pimp Daddy" Destro
Gung Ho
Red Ninja Viper
Storm Shadow (only a cold weather variant so far; an Amazon exclusive)

And some upcoming Target exclusives that were revealed this week:
The Baroness (with a motorcycle nobody wanted, to jack up the price to $40)
Cobra Trooper
Beach Head
Roadblock (another variant with a black tank top, a long beard, and the same weapon)

My wife is gonna kill me but I'm totally buying the Destro t-shirt.. Maybe even the Snake Eyes one.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I was cleaning out some storage recently and I found my childhood collection of GI Joes in near perfect condition. 100s of figures, 30+ vehicles, the works.

I’ve spent hours of the last few weeks identifying them, matching accessories, and posting them for sale on eBay. I’m equally surprised at how terminally stupid they look in retrospect and also how fast they are selling.

I will say one positive thing though. They are really well constructed and durable considering how old they are. Some of my oldest are 35 years old and still move almost as if new. Compared to most of the toys I buy for my daughter these days, those figures are so much higher quality.

I am not selling them for cheap and I’ve sold 20-30 in the last 3 weeks. I’ve sold multiple figures for 50-100 bucks. There are huge communities that still buy and collect these things. I’ll probably have a few thousand dollars once I finish selling them all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

isaboo posted:

My wife is gonna kill me but I'm totally buying the Destro t-shirt.. Maybe even the Snake Eyes one.

holy poo poo these are awful, haha

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lawlicaust posted:

I was cleaning out some storage recently and I found my childhood collection of GI Joes in near perfect condition. 100s of figures, 30+ vehicles, the works.

I’ve spent hours of the last few weeks identifying them, matching accessories, and posting them for sale on eBay. I’m equally surprised at how terminally stupid they look in retrospect and also how fast they are selling.

I will say one positive thing though. They are really well constructed and durable considering how old they are. Some of my oldest are 35 years old and still move almost as if new. Compared to most of the toys I buy for my daughter these days, those figures are so much higher quality.

I am not selling them for cheap and I’ve sold 20-30 in the last 3 weeks. I’ve sold multiple figures for 50-100 bucks. There are huge communities that still buy and collect these things. I’ll probably have a few thousand dollars once I finish selling them all.

Must be nice to have been rich and then brag about making a lot of money on top of that selling your rich kid toys for $$$$ now, eh Richie Rich?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Lawlicaust posted:

But you coulda been king of said communities, that's priceless!!!!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

A guy I used to work with had to quit his job to take care of his elderly aunt. He had a complete collection of GI Joe figures from the 80’s with multiple duplicates. Along with his wife’s retail job, he’s comfortably supported himself and his two kids for almost 3 years now by selling off his collection on eBay. He’s made a small fortune from slowly parting the collection out over time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not surprising they're fairly durable, being 80s toys made for more or less the same market as Transformers. Big name toylines have to pass a lot of safety tests, drop tests and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

you realize you're preaching to the choir here right? WE are the morons/addicts paying :lol: