Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

God is on my side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Feeling the love itt.

Thank you Three Olives for creating this Single Goon Support Zone.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Shoulda gone to Safeway. Dozen tulips, got to pick from a nice selection, then they bundled it and repacked it very nicely. $7.

1800 flowers really is the lamest.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Shoulda gone to Safeway. Dozen tulips, got to pick from a nice selection, then they bundled it and repacked it very nicely. $7.

1800 flowers really is the lamest.

1-800-FLOWERS for when you want to show her that you love her enough to make a phone call but that'a bout as far as it extends.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I had the misfortune of going to the grocery store last night and Walgreens this afternoon and both were absolute shitshows of people buying hidious overpriced flowers, candy and stuffed animals.

edit: Seriously, $5 for a sad, ugly, single plastic wrapped rose at Walgreen's? I don't care who you are, you deserve better than that.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 15, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1800 bastards making flowers, an army of them being absolute crap

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Buy flowers tomorrow, they’ll be cheaper

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Burt Sexual posted:

Buy flowers tomorrow, they’ll be cheaper

No, I went to buy replacements for the two flower arrangements that we typically keep in our home and all of the flowers looked like trash, were regularly priced and were all sell by today. ALL OF THEM. Ok, some were sell by 2/17.

I swear it is a conspiracy that almost all of the flowers were due to expire one day after valentines day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
kill em all and let god sort em out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Literally A Person posted:

1-800-FLOWERS for when you want to show her that you love her enough to make a phone call but that'a bout as far as it extends.

It's weird but I know people who take this sort of display of affection very seriously and will feel slighted if they don't get something like that. Like their SO coulda spent a good deal of time/effort doing something personal and sweet but it will never measure up to a 5 minute phonecall and some overpriced flowers sent to their workplace to make becky from accounting jealous.

I've dated women like that and on one hand it was kinda convenient cause you hardly had to put thought into anything for special occasions, throw money at it and they were happy. OTOH it's p empty and not nearly as rewarding as making someone happy with something you personally do.