Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My feet are the equalizer of my body temp at night. All the heat I drum up inside my blanket burrito has to go out somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I will occasionally put a weighted blanket over my legs to hold down the comforter so my feet don’t get cold. (I can’t stand socks.)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Op hasn't posted itt since before their first night with the weighted blanket. Were they crushed to death?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I grabbed my blanket and threw it over me and the corner hit me in the eye and it legit hurt.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I'm thinking of buying one because I sleep better if there is some weight on me. Should I buy one of the big names or just buy a cheap one for like a third of the price

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Just sleep between your mattress and box spring

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Pick posted:

I only have three lions. it's not enough for everybody.

tried to get my own but some guy just kept yelling "stop" and "sir get back on the other side of the barrier"

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Jenny Agutter posted:

Op hasn't posted itt since before their first night with the weighted blanket. Were they crushed to death?

Just extremely comfortable thanks.

Last Night I had drinks, then my brother called and I had more drinks. Woke up at 6 am on the tiny couch. Slept an hour more in bed with Weighty, and felt mostly normal all day

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Necros posted:

tried to get my own but some guy just kept yelling "stop" and "sir get back on the other side of the barrier"

The trick is to go again after they're closed.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I prefer living cats as a blanket though. They'll adjust themselves if it gets too warm.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i heard about these like a year ago and thought it was a really clever idea then instantly forgot about. but i ordered one after reading this thread. thanks op

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXjIY-j8Yyw

I am so tempted to buy two of these but the implementation looks a little tacky

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Hell Yeah posted:

i heard about these like a year ago and thought it was a really clever idea then instantly forgot about. but i ordered one after reading this thread. thanks op

Hell Yeah!!!!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I use a weighted blanket when I feel lonely or sad. It is soothing, like a large cloth man firmly lying on top of me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AWarmBody posted:

I use a weighted blanket when I feel lonely or sad. It is soothing, like a large cloth man firmly lying on top of me

Username checks out

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I think this night is gonna be peak comfort. I'll let u know

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op i have been sick. I only got 6 hours of sleep last night. but I felt rested and refreshed this morning. all thanks to weighted blanket. and maybe cbd. and trazadone. And good sleep hygiene

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Thanks Op this thread has convinced me to buy a weighted blanket when I buy a new bed in a few weeks.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
My weighted blanked owner report is I wish it was heavier and larger. Feels like when you get several blankets except it's only as warming as like blanket and a half.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

interwhat posted:

I did extensive research(about 15 minutes) and ordered a 20lb, 48x72" weighted blanket, and an additional minky washable cover. My wife and I don't really share blankets and I'm tired of bundling up with 2 or 3 and waking up with none, or half of one, or one holey one bunched up around my waste, and God help me if I touch one of HERS. We had a big down comforter but it gets too fuckin hot even in the winter. Thankfully, my wife expresses no interest in this badboy so it's 100% mine.

By the way, I in no way purchased this thing to treat any sort of disorder or condition, I just want a blanket that stays on me and can duplicate the feeling of several blankets with out actually being several blankets. I am depressed as heck though so we'll see

Sounds like you need a divorce more than a blanket

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
There is no spectrum requirement for enjoying a heavy blanket

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Vashro posted:

My weighted blanked owner report is I wish it was heavier and larger. Feels like when you get several blankets except it's only as warming as like blanket and a half.
I wanted to add that the guideline stating you should get a blanket 10%-15% of your body weight is not true. That guideline was meant for vests for autistic children so they don't gently caress up their spines I guess. I can fold mine in half and I still feel fine. My weighted blanket I mean, not my spine. Most adults seem to like blankets on the heavier side more regardless of how much they weight.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Mine is a king sized 18lb. I wish it was half as much weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Burt Sexual posted:

Mine is a king sized 18lb. I wish it was half as much weight.

The problem is the weight is spread out over that big assed blanket.

Another great night's sleep. I moved around a few times, but unlike before where all the blankets get screwed up, the weighted blanket stays in place and I just spin under it.