Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it was pretty much setting the mood for it to be kind of a mocking satire and that's not really something I have any interest in, even if it grows into a more earnest story later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ahhh, ok.

Unrelatedly, did MADK end after vol 2?

I still haven't used my futekiya sub, nor have I read any of the manga I've bought over the past year

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ahhh, ok.

Unrelatedly, did MADK end after vol 2?

I still haven't used my futekiya sub, nor have I read any of the manga I've bought over the past year

It's not over but there's as far as I know not a release date for vol 3
https://twitter.com/szr_Ryo/status/1497821500140781569?s=20&t=NYb6Rg1YR8ijO2u8TQOeZA

machine tl posted:

[Notice] The next issue of MADK will be suspended because we will concentrate on the book work of Volume 3, but the final story, the intention to increase the number of pages and draw it firmly, the release of the book, etc. will be released again. We will notify you again when it is near, and it will take some time, but thank you.

they regularly post progress pics on their twitter also

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ahhh, awesome! I'd been getting worried there

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
May 2022 manga (and etc.) print releases in case you missed anything:

quote:

Change World vol 2 by Yuu Minaduki (SuBLime, 5/10/22)

Finder Deluxe Edition vol 11 by Ayano Yamane (SuBLime, 5/10/22)

His Favorite vol 12 by Suzuki Tanaka (SuBLime, 5/10/22)

The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation vol 2 by MXTX (danmei, Seven Seas, 5/17/22)

Seaside Stranger vol 3: Harukaze no Etranger by Kii Kanna (Seven Seas, 5/24/22)

Tomorrow, Make Me Yours by Kaoruko Miyami (Tokyopop, 5/24/22)

upcoming June 2022 manga (and etc.) print releases:

quote:

What Did You Eat Yesterday? vol 18 by Fumi Yoshinaga (Kodansha, 6/7/22)

Black or White vol 4 by Sachimo (SuBLime, 6/14/22)

Puppy Love by Tsuchida Haru (Tokyopop, 6/14/22)

Until I Meet My Husband by Ryousuke Nanasaki and Yoshi Tsukizuki (manga adaptation, Seven Seas, 6/21/22)

Until I Meet My Husband by Ryousuke Nanasaki (essay novel, Seven Seas, 6/21/22)

Our Colors by Gengoroh Tagame (Pantheon, 6/21/22)

Canis: Dear Hatter vol 1 by ZAKK (Kuma, 6/28/22)

from the upcoming publications link in the OP with some updates on release dates that haven't been changed in the google doc yet; several of the June releases have been moved to July for instance and there was at least one May release that actually came out in April so :shrug:
things may move around, which we should probably already be used to by now.

I'll try to do this at the end of each month, no guarantees. My time has been a lot more limited due to IRL poo poo this year.

e: double-checked some dates, I *think* I have it right now but who knows lmao

e2: also this doesn't even touch digital-only releases; there's a ton of stuff coming out pretty much daily if you count chapter releases and lol at trying to keep track of that.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 30, 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
MADK news -- will be ending June 30
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1531308218500128768?s=20&t=sFaPD_kGOVsClVKCYx7XzQ

Hopefully this means volume 3 isn't too far away but we've still got a bit of a wait I'm sure

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 31, 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
License annoucement I missed from the other day
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1528210049490993153?s=20&t=ajj4jLDSPTBrNwXet3GdHg

This is a really interesting one, I read some of it but never finished so I'll be glad to pick up the official release

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/ShuCream_BL/status/1531924261258010624?s=20&t=uUsZlP0ZCXJ4CyyM0S_W1g

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ohhh I wonder if there's any good femboy-esque bl like that black beast one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
One of the main characters in Scarlet Secret is posing as a priestess if that would qualify.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
this has been on coolmic for a while but I'm very excited that it's finally on Renta where it can join the rest of my Harada manga :toot:
https://twitter.com/Renta_Yaoi/status/1532572787197366272?s=20&t=88wlFsEGiw_SpkRai3fTQw

now just have to wait for the Kuma print edition and get it too :getin:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New license -- JOY by Etsuko
https://twitter.com/KodanshaManga/status/1532502638259888128?t=jo0n6Z5qiK-v_IKqY0MJoQ&s=19

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 13, 2022

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/PFH_Blossom/status/1542946521577992192?s=20&t=5g2fCysyPefECSwV8XL5Qg

:toot:

definitely won't be springing for that limited edition though, 75 bux and the only thing I'm really interested in is the dust jackets

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oof that's steep

I'm just sticking with ebooks for pretty much all of these which has the bonus of not being affected by the paper shortage thing. I keep getting emails about manga I've pre-ordered getting their release dates pushed back by months because of that.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
no official announcements yet but JJWXC has signed licensing agreements with Seven Seas for priest's Sha Po Lang and Meng Xi Shi's Qian Qiu/Thousand Autumns

https://twitter.com/skyarise/status/1545045470753333259?s=20&t=pgr8MNvLWwVzRPg3Ev7kYA

https://twitter.com/SassyStrawb3rry/status/1545057429536522240?s=20&t=1GFkU2Xi3-fHEt4DJ222Ww

I'm glad someone is finally licensing pipi's stuff but ngl, Sha Po Lang is an early work and not her strongest or most engaging. I struggled to get through it, despite it featuring an invading western army headed by The Actual Pope, who also commands a gigantic steampunk kraken. it also has a gnc character and "scary barbarian foreigners from the plains" who are handled poorly. on the flip side it's an interesting alt history take, a lot of the ideas are cool even if the execution is lacking. real mixed bag imo. the main couple has a bit of an age gap (less than 10 years i think?) but it's played up with a yifu/yizi dynamic, which might put some people off. this one has a live action adaptation trapped in limbo, called Winner is King.
priest's body of work is massive so I hope they pick up more of her better stuff.

pretty excited for Thousand Autumns as the fantl I read was rough, it's very dense with a lot of historical references, political maneuvering, and flowery poetic language used to describe all the sick gongfu moves dudes are using to explode someones' organs or make a river temporarily flow backwards. fun wuxia adventure with the main couple having the classic righteous taoist/chaotic rear end in a top hat dynamic. Yan Wushi might be too much of a bastard but it's impossible to hate him because he named his ultimate gongfu technique to sound like a sex move. couple also has a big age gap but its like 30/60 so if you like hot dads and grandpas :getin:

YES bread fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 9, 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loved the Thousand Autumns donghua so that's super exciting :toot:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
[with hope] Liu Yao someday?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I would hope Liu Yao is on their short list, can't hurt to suggest it on one of their surveys

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1545543397296988165?s=20&t=IE-BYxzsg-uF3u68aT5LQA

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
seeing a lot of stuff today about Tian Guan Ci Fu/Heaven Official's Blessing getting an official radio drama, based on a newly revised version of the webnovel with 100K+ more words :eyepop:

not really into radio dramas myself but if anyone's interested it'll almost assuredly get fansubbed, also makes me wonder if we'll get a revised EN version somewhere down the line? I'll probably hold off grabbing the ebook just to see, re-buying physicals is a no-go since TGCF is already massive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a lot of extra content :eyepop:
I'm not much for audio-only stuff myself, never listen to drama cds or anything like that (I can't even do podcasts tbh, just zone out when there's nothing visual to focus on)

e: sorry this place is really stressing me out and feeling responsible for this thread is keeping me around, so I'm going to close it for a while so I can take a break. If anyone else wants to pick up the mantle feel free to use my OP or any other info from the thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 11, 2022