Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

In high school a Mormon friend made it up to eagle and was saving for his mission trip. When he graduated he took his money and bought a motorcycle instead and bailed on his religion. He posts pretty cool dash cam videos on Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In high school a Mormon friend made it up to eagle and was saving for his mission trip. When he graduated he took his money and bought a motorcycle instead and bailed on his religion. He posts pretty cool dash cam videos on Facebook.

Lol, that’s pretty cool

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Two brothers in my troop both made eagle and a year later their parents divorced, one brother became a fat loser and the other became a civil rights organizer. What I’m saying is life comes at you fast.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bonzo posted:

Boy Scout Troops get used a lot as free labor. My troop always "volunteered" to clean up after parades, horses races, festivals, etc. We also cleared trails and other poo poo a that might be a little dangerous for a group of 12-15 year-olds.

Looks like someone didn't get their "excavator awareness" or "PPE is for pussies" merit badges :smug:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

glad that these storoes about mormons sometimes have a happy ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Boy Scout Troops get used a lot as free labor. My troop always "volunteered" to clean up after parades, horses races, festivals, etc. We also cleared trails and other poo poo a that might be a little dangerous for a group of 12-15 year-olds.

Interesting I guess thats a universal thing? When I was a kid the boy scouts volunteered at the 4-H fair. I figured the fair director had some dirt on the troop leader (:magemage:) because the boy scouts did all the worst jobs like emptying trash and didnt seem to get anything in return.

4-H was chill.