Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Ask away, do your worst, I walk unafraid through the fire. I have fixed a whole bunch of longstanding things already!

I mean I'm not gonna comb through the qcs archives but a dark mode would be a hell of a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Ask away, do your worst, I walk unafraid through the fire. I have fixed a whole bunch of longstanding things already!

give the people in the Cats thread this gang tag i made https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3907486&perpage=40&pagenumber=40#post502557301

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
tomorrow tomorrow bet your bottom ad revenue dollars that fyad will be back tomorrow

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Lowtax posted:

forums, what essential features are ours missing?
effort post pm sent

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
It's tuesday

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In terms of improvements, improving the smilie interface was suggested, and I think some work has already been done on that, but it could still use some work.

Making search friendlier to use would be helpful - some buttons to at least autofill search parameters, or separate fields for different parameters, something like that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Paid moderation

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

Paid moderation
reward you for your crimes!?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Upvote button

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'd like more colors for bookmarked threads, like maybe blue.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I like the idea of custom plat icons. I don’t think anything in the forum layout needs changing, just add some more paid customization because I love this dumb poo poo!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Embedded music files that play automatically when you open the page, and something that follows your cursor around

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I don't need no ads to incentivise ME to bottom

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Embedded music files that play automatically when you open the page, and something that follows your cursor around

hell just activate the html embed tag for all posters to use

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
remake the dub dub flash to work on modern browsers and have it in the background of the new fyad

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Loot-box-ify-ing custom plat icons would raise a ton more money than lovely malware advertising will.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
You know thos guitars that are like, double guitars?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/jpzbZTe.mp4

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
xenforo?

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
xenforo is a must good sir

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
All hail xenforo and it's followers.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
edit: goon sir

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hey I think the ads are back

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well at least that's a cool ad I can get behind

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Feels like there's extra blank space at the bottom of the page now that the ads have come and gone. I don't like it.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Not to get off topic here, but what features do you want or need that we currently lack here? The ad manager thing is a completely separate coded entity, and I just hosed it up probably. Honestly asking: compared to other forums, what essential features are ours missing?

The current layout and features of the forums are ideal in my opinion and I'm very glad you haven't tried to emulate Reddit or /.

I guess maybe just give us more ways to give you $10 via stupid poo poo like the aforementioned custom platinum icons or other silly cosmetic things.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

super sweet best pal posted:

Feels like there's extra blank space at the bottom of the page now that the ads have come and gone. I don't like it.
I added this so that they wouldn't block ui elements on mobile if you scroll all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Lowtax posted:

The ad code manager for some reason copied over some jabbascript on an inactive test ad thingy and started showing awful bottom ads to every user, despite userclass. I have no idea why it selectively chose and copied that code, but hey, this is Something Awful. My apologies!!!

did u apologise for beating ur multiple partners?