Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Mr. Powers posted:

Just like a normal person in the quote game, I need more context for this string of comments. Was it woman you wish you hadn't started a conversation with at a party?

Yeah, she’s a fave of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

that foil skit was really dumb

Not that it makes it timely by any stretch but Patti Labelle legit did that exact same thing on a talk show years ago and it was hilarious. Not sure why they waited until 2020 to spoof it though.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, he had mentioned in an interview a year or two ago that his mom started driving him to open mic nights when he was 14-15. The look on the interviewer's face when Pete said that the hot wings were his 9/11 was priceless.

For anyone who doesn't know Pete lost his dad on 9/11. It's not the first time he's used it for a joke either.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

rodbeard posted:

For anyone who doesn't know Pete lost his dad on 9/11. It's not the first time he's used it for a joke either.

The best one I ever heard was at the Snoop roast when he said that Soul Plane was the worst thing he'd ever experienced involving an airplane.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

X-O posted:

Not that it makes it timely by any stretch but Patti Labelle legit did that exact same thing on a talk show years ago and it was hilarious. Not sure why they waited until 2020 to spoof it though.

I had no idea. at least it's not just completely random, I guess

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

rodbeard posted:

He was a NYC firefighter who died in the towers, if I remember...

MichiganCubbie posted:

The best one I ever heard was at the Snoop roast when he said that Soul Plane was the worst thing he'd ever experienced involving an airplane.

...which is how he gets away with material like this.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Pete was on The Rookie this week and he was basically Pete. Even his characters name was Pete. So odd.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The look on the interviewer's face when Pete said that the hot wings were his 9/11 was priceless.

Don't forget the "I should give this to my Mom" when he got to the Widowmaker sauce.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

So with talk shows going without audiences from Monday indefinitely I'm assuming SNL is going to go on hiatus? It's not really the type of show that works without an audience...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

blunt posted:

So with talk shows going without audiences from Monday indefinitely I'm assuming SNL is going to go on hiatus? It's not really the type of show that works without an audience...

Next scheduled episode isn't until March 28, so they have a bit of time to decide. I'd bet against them being back on that date though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

General Dog posted:

Next scheduled episode isn't until March 28, so they have a bit of time to decide. I'd bet against them being back on that date though.

My guess is a clip show hosted by Kenan or Che/Jost...cut for times, maybe?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

General Dog posted:

They already announced that the March 28 episode has been scrapped. They only have five scheduled episodes left in the season, so they have plenty of time to run consecutive weeks when they go back to work.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1239680408729640961?s=20

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Oh, we'll miss another Kristen Stewart episode? My breaking heart.

pwn
May 27, 2004

drat, and I was looking forward to another weird block of shows that starts at the end of one month going into the next.

This sucks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just run a compilation of this seasons cut for time sketches. It would probably fill an hour slot at least.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight’s Vintage is recent, but it is a true classic: Last year’s Adam Sandler and Shawn Mendes episode.

Obviously, tonight’s originally-scheduled regular show with John Krasinski and Dua Lipa has been canceled, as have the next two live shows of April 4 and 11. It remains to be seen if the May episodes will happen.

With Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, and Conan going full-duty and doing shows from home next week, after two weeks of doing partial shows at home, and Seth Meyers doing partial shows from home, I feel like SNL is missing a golden opportunity to do their own lo-fi home shows. I get that the production values of a sketch comedy show wildly outstrip those of a talk show, but who gives a poo poo? This is a rare, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be raw and rough.

pwn fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 28, 2020

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

pwn posted:

Tonight’s Vintage is recent, but it is a true classic: Last year’s Adam Sandler and Shawn Mendes episode.

Obviously, tonight’s originally-scheduled regular show with John Krasinski and Dua Lipa has been canceled, as have the next two live shows of April 4 and 11. It remains to be seen if the May episodes will happen.

With Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, and Conan going full-duty and doing shows from home next week, after two weeks of doing partial shows at home, and Seth Meyers doing partial shows from home, I feel like SNL is missing a golden opportunity to do their own lo-fi home shows. I get that the production values of a sketch comedy show wildly outstrip those of a talk show, but who gives a poo poo? This is a rare, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be raw and rough.

it’s still run by lorne tho

not saying it isn’t a great idea, it is; but again lorne

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I’ve always liked the dream of Kenan taking over for Lorne.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

hanales posted:

I’ve always liked the dream of Kenan taking over for Lorne.

That would be a real "Charlie inheriting the chocolate factory" scenario.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

pwn posted:

They've been doing some low-key stuff on Instagram - Yesterday was Home Shopping, today was the lady from Tiger King. Kyle had a kinda choose your own adventure thing that was very ... Kyle.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Normally I don’t bother posting these, but seeing as they’re the first signs of life on the SNL YT page in the past few weeks, I’ll take what i can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfA4WV9A_OA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVidNXjgLTw

Tonight’s Vintage is the John Mulaney episode, with Jack White, from 2018. And the regular repeat (replacing a canceled live episode) is RuPaul with Justin Bieber.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Guess I’ll have to spin Stay Awake later tonight. :(

https://pitchfork.com/news/hal-willner-producer-for-lou-reed-snl-and-more-dead-at-64

https://twitter.com/triumphicdhq/status/1247636909498798080?s=21

Edit: His penultimate tweet.

https://twitter.com/willnerhal/status/1243866329112875008?s=21

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 8, 2020

pwn
May 27, 2004

Between our state’s republican-controlled court forcing our citizens to risk their lives to vote today, and John Prine and Hal Willner dying, i’m pretty ready to see some of these evil pricks who did this to us die alone in fear and pain.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Didn't know you were a WI native. Madison here and gently caress everything. My old rear end parents had to risk voting because their absentee ballets never showed up.

pwn
May 27, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Didn't know you were a WI native. Madison here and gently caress everything. My old rear end parents had to risk voting because their absentee ballets never showed up.

:( I hope they stay safe. Very thankful my absentee ballot showed up a few weeks ago.

Now to see how bad things get over the next few weeks.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Uh, to get back to the show, a new SNL Story was posted today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8lmL8ogkI

And have another compilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ZNpIgygaE

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frankpallotta/status/1248320529456652289

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1248322115293642752

Well, this will be... interesting

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
if it’s anything like nbc’s late night shows have been, then i hope they don’t try to have fallon as guest host

the optimist in me says “kyle mooney fever dream” but the realist in me says “dem debate pt xxviii”

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Beck seems to have started working out during the break, looks 10 years younger.

Colin on the other hand looks 10 years older with his salt and pepper beard (at age 37? WTF?)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Beck seems to have started working out during the break, looks 10 years younger.

Colin on the other hand looks 10 years older with his salt and pepper beard (at age 37? WTF?)

I'm 37 and most of my beard is grey and my entire head of hair is black.

pwn
May 27, 2004

pwn posted:

YES

It’s about time. Awesome!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

mcbexx posted:

Speaking of Beck and weight loss, I saw this for the first time the other day and thought it was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

blunt posted:

Speaking of Beck and weight loss, I saw this for the first time the other day and thought it was great.

Yeah that's real good. I believe it was written by the guy that did the video game segments with Conan. It was originally an article he wrote for some blogging site.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

blunt posted:

Came her to post this.

Also excited for whatever insanity is going to happen Saturday! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

New thread!