Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Frank Frank posted:

I just wanted to bbe a moderator

I just checked this SAclopedia entry and this poo poo happened 19 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've heard through the grape vine that I am the next mod #factorfiction

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Basically just be around a lot and don't be too blatantly crazy so when it comes time to pick a new mod for something, somebody says "hey, how about Poster X." Also I used to get a surprising number of recommendation PMs from posters saying we should consider someone else in the forum, and I'm assuming the current admins still do.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
To become a mod, you must first have one of these three backgrounds:
  • A wealthy young man who was thrown out of his parents' posh Beverly Hills home;
  • A survivor of the ghetto; or
  • A former hooker arrested for vagrancy.
Next, you must be recruited by the chief of police to infiltrate the counterculture and nail adult criminals preying on clueless teens.

There you go! Welcome to the squad!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Basically just be around a lot and don't be too blatantly crazy so when it comes time to pick a new mod for something, somebody says "hey, how about Poster X." Also I used to get a surprising number of recommendation PMs from posters saying we should consider someone else in the forum, and I'm assuming the current admins still do.
Poster X is incredible competition, I have to admit.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
angerbotSD

Radium

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if the selection criteria are "be omnipresent and decorous" then it follows that all mods are centrists

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

sweet thursday posted:

I've heard through the grape vine that I am the next mod #factorfiction

LAP's revenge/ban list:

gary oldmans diary
sweet thursday

That is all.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

LAP's revenge/ban list:

gary oldmans diary
sweet thursday

That is all.
:smith:

youre
Dec 30, 2019

“the most improper job of any man, even saints (who at any rate were at least unwilling to take it on), is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.”
-Obama

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Stop playing around on the internet, put on a suit, and go knock on Lowtax’s door and tell him you want this job! drat millennials want everything handed to em smh

Knowing Lowtax, this would probably work.

Make sure to intimidate him too, he lost a boxing match once.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Piggy Smalls posted:

How can I apply for a MOD/admin position? Can I donate money to the forum and become an admin/mod? Who is/was the greatest /worst mod/admin in SA history?

Ask me, I was once... but are you ready for the past ahead...?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
*the wind whips and swears, showing off the lipstick pink tattoo that says Burt Sexual in crude English open my mantis ABDOMEN*

“Haha... that guy. I don’t think it’s a gay joke. It’s against the rules”

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, a simple... stick bug, of the forums. Cannot comment on such matters. But I can point you towards that.

*gestures with my trembling spikey limb towards a pale clown face surrounded by green clouds and a horrible, wide grin”

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

b mad at me posted:

Greatest: Ozma

She made me mod, so yeah thats hard to defend.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
If OP isn't ready to be a Mod, how about making them IK of this thread?

Giving 6:rs for every fool who ever doubted them!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Literally a mod

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Most kids do a little shitposting and threadshitting. A Krusty here, an "im gay" there, harmless fun, right?

What they don't realize is that some career paths are forever closed if you have that in your post history.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Icochet posted:

Most kids do a little shitposting and threadshitting. A Krusty here, an "im gay" there, harmless fun, right?

What they don't realize is that some career paths are forever closed if you have that in your post history.

Lol if you post any identifiable information or use your own credit card

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Eldercain posted:

Literally a mod

WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!?? :mad:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gently caress them up bro. get their rear end. but not in the way a mod would

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Don't be a retard—be a king? Think not
Why be a king when you can be a mod?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

JK Fresco posted:

Lol if you post any identifiable information or use your own credit card

Lol if you think your puny attempts at subterfuge can fool the SA mod vetting apparatus. That poo poo is robust. It has to be. Otherwise we'd have pedophiles and insane shovel samurais getting elevated to modhood

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mods should be anonymous, or people who don't post much, because it's kinda bullshit to get probated for "mod sass" even if the mod is actually a tremendous rear end in a top hat that deserves sass

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Being an idiot king is the best you should do that. I had to probate a guy for 6 hours once really made me feel like a real man

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Being an idiot king is the best you should do that. I had to probate a guy for 6 hours once really made me feel like a real man

Look at that plat icon!!! So burrito-e

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Right it’s crazy

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The rich always get richer :jerkbag:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

MakaVillian posted:

The rich always get richer :jerkbag:

Possessions are fleeting

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

precision posted:

Mods should be anonymous, or people who don't post much, because it's kinda bullshit to get probated for "mod sass" even if the mod is actually a tremendous rear end in a top hat that deserves sass

it's never the mod you're sassing that does it, they always bring in a friend to do it lol

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's never the mod you're sassing that does it, they always bring in a friend to do it lol

Like the cop that calls for backup to give you a speeding ticket lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Is this true because lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You should always immediately believe anything negative you hear about the mods because even if that particular thing isn't true, there's something at least as bad that you didn't hear about which is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

precision posted:

Is this true because lol

Never been asked to do this, but who knows what goes on outside of beautiful GBS