Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Maybe we shouldn't believe the the tweet with 8 likes and a fake checkmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CRISPYBABY posted:

Maybe we shouldn't believe the the tweet with 8 likes and a fake checkmark.

He's had some decent coverage of MMA stuff before, but yeah, skepticism is the order of the day.

Not sure where you're seeing a "fake checkmark" though?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah that's my bad I got faked out by his long name flowing into the embedded Twitter logo with no glasses on.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

Lmao, John Morgan's on Submission Radio spouting some stupid poo poo about Jon Jones being out trying to minister to the homeless on the night he was arrested.

That was Jon's claim

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was Jon's claim

"I was out here, having a conversation with the homeless people, treating them like human beings"

Is Jon Jones for:

Some dude walked up to my car and unlike the cops he doesn't care that I'm rich so I shot one off in the air to get him away.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was Jon's claim

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any funnier.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was Jon's claim

I may have missed that. Morgan was presenting it as if was the most likely scenario, when it hardly sounds believable at all. He sounds like a rube.

quote:

God bless you trying to go, ya know, minister to the homeless or whatever. I think it is cool that you’re treating them like normal people. Like, they are normal people...And kudos to you for treating them that way...

And then he goes on to imply that these homeless people tempted Jon into drinking or whatever.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 2, 2020

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

They did. One had a 40. Jon was not about to fail this test, so he downed a fifth of vodka.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Is UFC April cancelled? Could this be the last ever UFC thread in history???

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Mobn Sprawl, Sea Level Cain, Motivated BJ Penn, Tony Ferguson's fireside chats, Jon Jones fuckin up, Conor fuckin up, oildome, one-eyed Mike Bisping being the champ. We had a good run.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Is UFC April cancelled? Could this be the last ever UFC thread in history???

The threads will return when UFC events do, which all signs point to not being in April.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
keep this thread open indenftly as UFC general.

also we're super busy at work but im typing up a substance abuse thing for you guys. i lost my draft when my computer updated yesterday >.<

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dana didn't tap. Dana didn't give up.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

FishBowlRobot posted:

I may have missed that.

Don't watch fights arrest videos.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Waroduce posted:

also we're super busy at work but im typing up a substance abuse thing for you guys. i lost my draft when my computer updated yesterday >.<

Would love to read when you're done with it. I've thankfully never had anyone in my friends or family with substance abuse or trying to get sober (smoking tons of pot apparently doesn't count? especially in these times?) but I'd love to learn more about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's April now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919070