Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I propose TNG. Post scarcity society. Mankind has solved all problems. People live leisurely lives, free to better themselves however they want, or they can spend all day wanking it in the holodeck. Of course this is if you're lucky enough to be born on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I propose TNG. Post scarcity society. Mankind has solved all problems. People live leisurely lives, free to better themselves however they want, or they can spend all day wanking it in the holodeck. Of course this is if you're lucky enough to be born on Earth.

What's one of those ones where you can smoke seemingly without consequences. I'd vote for one of those.

TNG probably the safest but it feels sterile.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Flutieflakes017 posted:

What's one of those ones where you can smoke seemingly without consequences. I'd vote for one of those.

TNG probably the safest but it feels sterile.

TOS probably, anything from the 60s.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

ItBreathes posted:

TOS probably, anything from the 60s.

I would double punch the poo poo out of some Gorn.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Honestly probably the culture novels because the super AI's or whatever seem pretty decent about letting everyone fulfill their ambitions so long as they can do it without hurting other people and if you can't they lock you into some kinda simulation or something where you can go ape without hurting anything real. Pretty hard to go wrong with that one.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If working a 9 - 5 is your thing maybe the jetsons.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

reignofevil posted:

Honestly probably the culture novels because the super AI's or whatever seem pretty decent about letting everyone fulfill their ambitions so long as they can do it without hurting other people and if you can't they lock you into some kinda simulation or something where you can go ape without hurting anything real. Pretty hard to go wrong with that one.

This is the correct answer.

As long as you live in the Culture and not anywhere else or you might end up as a "I have no mouth and I must scream" living punching bag for a race of monsters that feed on pain.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Nthing The Culture, but if that was off the table it would be cool to live in the star tell universe and get addicted to the holodeck like Barclay. If even that were off the table then I guess it's star wars or Warhammer 40k and dying in a ditch somewhere, really not too different from reality except no commissars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Applewhite posted:

This is the correct answer.

As long as you live in the Culture and not anywhere else or you might end up as a "I have no mouth and I must scream" living punching bag for a race of monsters that feed on pain.

also hitching a ride with a sadistic Mind is a really, really, really bad idea