Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:page3:

dont need my glasses for snyping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

are there glasses that don’t dig into your nose? i bought the lightest glasses available and it still sucks (thankfully i don’t need them)

These ones don't but the down side is that they loving fall off my head if I turn my head down by more than a few degrees.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
My experience with Lasik was a family member getting onboard early and having really long-term issues with one eye from it and is now is blind in that eye. I didn't know that last part until I watched them try to light a cake candle while holding the match like a foot away from it lol. I hope that tech has uhhh improved. I dont even know how much it costs

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ANUSTART posted:

My experience with Lasik was a family member getting onboard early and having really long-term issues with one eye from it and is now is blind in that eye. I didn't know that last part until I watched them try to light a cake candle while holding the match like a foot away from it lol. I hope that tech has uhhh improved. I dont even know how much it costs

My dream has been shattered.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wear glasses and have since I was like 16 and I’ve never not hated them. I am about halfway done saving up for Lasik. Even 10 years ago the technology was considered the Wild West and I earnestly believe all the horror stories from goons in the thread, but now in 2020 it’s one of the most common procedures available and it’s simply cost effective.

I will never need to repair or replace glasses or order bulk contacts ever again.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to just wake up and have my eyes work, or not having to take my glasses off as they fog up from entering a hot room, or being able to see clearly even though it’s raining, and I literally cry from thinking how amazing it would be.

I cannot wait to take my glasses off and throw them in them in the trash forever.

I’m 31 now, if I can get 15-20 years of not having to wear glasses for like $600-$800 bucks that seems like the greatest deal of my life, but heck if even only lasts my 30s I’ll still consider it worth every penny.

But yeah seriously if you’re still buying glasses at a Brick & Mortar you are getting DRAGGED. Zenni optical is wear literally every single glasses wearer in Philadelphia buys their glasses because A) it’s super cheap and B) every glasses outlet in the city is all owned by one giant holding group so there really isn’t any difference it’s literally an optical monopoly.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Unnecessary eyeball surgery?

No, thank you.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

As a glasses wearer, the only good thing about glasses is you can take them off dramatically and say "My GOD....." during tense situations. Being able to see is tangential

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You are still a huge weenie, OP

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

are there glasses that don’t dig into your nose? i bought the lightest glasses available and it still sucks (thankfully i don’t need them)

Sounds like either your nosepads aren't aligned correctly to your nose

Do it ironically posted:

I had a co worker who got Lasik done and it hosed up and he couldn’t produce tears anymore and he has to use drops the rest of his life

I’m probably ill informed but with lasik and PRK your eyes will still go bad at 60+ anyways, I have no desire to get either glasses don’t bother me and my prescription isn’t that bad

60? Try mid to late forties is when most folks start noticing it's harder to read. Which requires glasses, at the very least a set of readers. Or you could do CLs instead, bit that reading ain't never coming back compared to whatever your distance Rx is

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

UltraRed posted:

You are still a huge weenie, OP

No, surely this couldn't be true!? NOT ME!?

Also, how many of you goons are bots here to advertise this zenny stuff?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Do it ironically posted:

I had a co worker who got Lasik done and it hosed up and he couldn’t produce tears anymore and he has to use drops the rest of his life

I’m probably ill informed but with lasik and PRK your eyes will still go bad at 60+ anyways, I have no desire to get either glasses don’t bother me and my prescription isn’t that bad

I have contacts but I also have astigmatism so they contacts suck I’ll wear them for sports

Theyll go bad but you'll just need reading glasses instead of bifocals

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Literally A Person posted:

No, surely this couldn't be true!? NOT ME!?

Also, how many of you goons are bots here to advertise this zenny stuff?

I have some Zenni glasses. They are nice. I am a self aware bot tho, grain of salt etc.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I got lasik 6ish months ago and am very happy I did so. My eyes were dry and I had to use eye drops a ton the first few months while my eyes healed, but I'm down to once every few days now and will eventually stop needing them period. My eyesight is better than 20/20 now too, I didn't know they could do that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't have a backup pair of glasses but I do have a bunch of contacts. I usually only wear my contacts when playing sports, but I suppose if my glasses broke I'd wear em if I had to until I got them fixed/replaced.

My contact prescription is stronger than my glasses prescription (by just a little bit) so I probably should eventually get these glasses replaced. Also one of the....arms(not sure what else to call them) is cracked and will probably eventually break from use.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

You asked for it:

You can see a dirt outline on the case where the right hand holds it a lot.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you don't ever read you won't need no reading glasses #lifehacks

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

naem posted:

contacts are amazing what are you talking about lol

Contacts are great if you like having to touch your loving eye twice a day.

two reasons i don't wear contacts:

1) they feel like wet plastic bags on my eyeballs
2) i take my glasses off to use my computer/read/do anything up close and i have a tech job

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just can’t poke myself in the eyes everyday. Just can’t do it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
As a person who gets slapped in the head constantly I have to wear contacts that have a straps that go all the way around the eyeball. And not like an elastic band either, it's a sturdy leather belt with a steel buckle. A real bitch to secure every drat morning.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I keep forgetting to not drink coffee before putting fingers into my eye. The other way around is what happens when I miss the first time.

:forkbomb:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Zeluth posted:

I keep forgetting to not drink coffee before putting fingers into my eye. The other way around is what happens when I miss the first time.

:forkbomb:

post/av combo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Icochet posted:

As a person who gets slapped in the head constantly I have to wear contacts that have a straps that go all the way around the eyeball. And not like an elastic band either, it's a sturdy leather belt with a steel buckle. A real bitch to secure every drat morning.

Just pop out your eyeballs in the morning and stick them into.miniature aquariums, it's so much simpler.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Some motherfuckers broke into my car. Among the stuff they stole, they took my prescription sunglasses. The one item that they cannot possibly use and won’t be worth a dime to anyone but myself.

That’s my glasses story.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gutcruncher posted:

Some motherfuckers broke into my car. Among the stuff they stole, they took my prescription sunglasses. The one item that they cannot possibly use and won’t be worth a dime to anyone but myself.

That’s my glasses story.

Ah, yes. For me it was someone breaking into my car to steal backpack that was filled to the brim with all of my notes from my classes. I really hope they liked reading about the strength of weak ties.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Bats aren't blind, OP

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Contrary to what the mollycoddls will te you, people who steal are in fact bad people who enjoy causing pain to others

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Helpful Hotdog posted:

Bats aren't blind, OP

Thank you, Helpful Hotdog.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m 31 now, if I can get 15-20 years of not having to wear glasses for like $600-$800 bucks that seems like the greatest deal of my life, but heck if even only lasts my 30s I’ll still consider it worth every penny.

That sucks between the British Columbia provincial government and the awesome supplemental insurance my employer gives me I don’t pay poo poo for glasses or anything related I basically can get my glasses each year whatever I want

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just pop out your eyeballs in the morning and stick them into.miniature aquariums, it's so much simpler.

Tried this once but my left eye was severely mauled by my goldfish Miles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Thank you, Helpful Hotdog.

It's no just a clever name.