Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kheldarn posted:

I got the Staff, Armor Top, and a Metal Slime Staff from it.

Armor top is insane. As for that metal slime staff, it's not great right now, but set it aside because in a future update, it's going to become OP A F apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I got a 3rd goddamn metal claw and more worthless from the 3 pulls I managed to scrounge up for it. But I can barely care to log in to the game at this point so whatever. I hope some major QoL changes come sooner rather than later.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
On the one hand, the new banner is trash garbage, and the new event no longer has - stam once per day runs.

On the other hand:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

CaptainPsyko posted:

On the one hand, the new banner is trash garbage

Hooo boy, you aren't kidding. Kinda nice to have a break though.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I'm stupid, but I'm posting this here in case anyone else is too:

I just realized the different Alltrades categories also give bonus XP to the base classes. IE sage also gives bonus to mage and priest. It's useful.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

How do y'all feel about Rubiss sword vs Zenithian sword? Using Rubiss on my pirate right now and Rubiss staff on two sages. I'd be losing a moreheal and about 40% main skill damage by switching to Zenithian, but it debuffs zap resist. I'm wondering if it's probably worth it to switch.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
There is a DQ4 event going on right now and just inject that loving battle music right into my VEINS. DQ4 is my favorite of them all so...so good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New update today. It adds:

Equipment Alchemy: Create a new Weapon or Armor from an existing one, with the same Attack and Defense stats, but 1 extra skill. Requires Rank 9, and Alchemic Poweder & Alchemic Crystals, earned from the Alltrades Temple dungeons. There's a 10 Day Alchemy Log In Bonus giving Crystals, Powders, and Keys.

Liquid Metal Alchemy: Create Liquid Metal Swords, Bows, and Claws from Metal Swords, Bows, and Claws. It requires Liquid Metal Powder that can only be bought from the Bushy Bazaar for 3,000 Points. You can buy 3 max. After you buy the 3rd one, you have to wait 7 days for more to be available. Everyone gets 1 Free Liquid Metal Powder for logging in.

Double Friend Points through 5/11

More Main Story Quests

Wyrmwand and Pallium Regale draw banner. Free Daily Draw on this banner.

Metal Slime Banner, with what appears to be ALL Metal Slime Weapons and Armor on it.

Dragon Quest 5 Event: Defeat Ladja

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Quote != Edit

However, I can say that my Free Draw got me the Sun Shield. It has +18 Defense Base, Solar Protection (Reducde Damage taken by 50% for 3 turns; Heal around 50 HP when used; Target: Self), The Sun Also Rises (10% chance to revive with full HP when KO'd).

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 28, 2020

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, been meaning to post something about all that. Is there a list anywhere of what is good to alchemize or are we just on our own here?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostnuke posted:

Yeah, been meaning to post something about all that. Is there a list anywhere of what is good to alchemize or are we just on our own here?

This video is the most comprehensive I've found so far, with a link to the wiki ranking items: https://game8.jp/archives/53997

We'll probably have to wait a week or two before we see how it works out in Global.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

Liquid Metal Alchemy: Create Liquid Metal Swords, Bows, and Claws from Metal Swords, Bows, and Claws. It requires Liquid Metal Powder that can only be bought from the Bushy Bazaar for 3,000 Points. You can buy 3 max. After you buy the 3rd one, you have to wait 7 days for more to be available. Everyone gets 1 Free Liquid Metal Powder for logging in.

Upgrades and evolves carry over, too. My 2* +35 metal slime claw is now a 2* +35 liquid metal claw. At least the daily free draws of 3 and 4 star trash are good for building up exchange points over time. :shrug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The DQV Event awards Silver and Gold DQV Tickets that can be exchanged in the Bazaar. Here's what you can get. They're listed as Item Name (Ticket Cost): Item Type. Skill 1. Skill 2.

DQV Silver Tickets
Harry's Hair (15): Helmet. Confusion Guard+ (Low). Confusion Resistance +15% (+20% Max)
Sancho's Hair (15): Helmet. Resilience+ (Low). Resilience +5 (+10 Max)
Sancho's Mustache (15): Accessory. Magical Healing +3
Boxer Shorts (15): Bottom. Sporadic Dazzle. 3% Chance to cast Dazzle at the start of turn. Skill can't be upgraded.
Pot Lid (5): Shield. Defend
Serf Wear (5): Top. Indomitable Soul. 1% chance to surviva fatal attack with 1 HP (i.e. Last Stand). Skill can't be upgraded. Note: Hides Bottom Gear
Yggdrasil Leaf (20): Limit 5
Revivify Stone (40): Limit 5
Weapon Upgrader (5): No Limit
Armor Upgrader (5): No Limit
Metal Slime Juice (5): XP +3%. No Limit
DQV Event Ticket Gold (10): No Limit

DQV Gold Tickets
Gotha Staff (1): Staff. Swoosh. B Attack Spell Slot. Effective Against Demons. Max Evolve gives Attak Spell Slot A, GREEN DIAMOND Slot A, and PURPLE CROSS Slot B. Limit 1
GOtha Scarf (1): Helmet. Overcoming Adversity. 3% Chance to heal 999 HP at start of turn. Skill can't be upgraded. Paralyse Guard+ (Weak). Paralyse Resistance +5% (+10% Max). Limit 1
Gotha Garb Top (1): Top. Frizz Guard (Low). Frizz Damage -15% (-20% Max). Breath Damage Down (Weak). Breath Damage -5%. Skill can't be upgraded. Limit 1
Gotha Garb Bottom (1): Bottom. HP+ (Low). Ranger Only. Max HP +5 (+10 Max). Strength+ (Low). Ranger Only. Strength +5 (+10 Max). Limit 1
Pankraz's Augite (10): Accessory. Critical Rate+ (Low). Critical Rate +1%. Skill can't be upgraded. Sporadic Heal. 5% Chance of Heal at start of turn. Skill can't be upgraded. Limit 3
Harry's Augite (10): Accessory. Insatiable Curiosity. 3% Chance of Agility +30% at start of turn. Skill can't be upgraded. Agility Down Guard+ (Low). Agility Down Resistance +15% (+20% Max). Limit 3
Sancho's Augite (10): Accessory. Servant's Care. 3% Chance to raise allies Defence by 20% at start of turn. Lasts 2 Turns. Skill can't be upgraded. Defence Down Guard+ (Low). Defence Down Resistance +15% (+20% Max). Limit 3
Fiend Class Bishop Ladja Key (15): Limit 1. Unlocks Fiend-Class fight with Ladja.
Liquid Metal Powder (25): Limit 4
Weapon Alchemic Crystal (10): Limit 3
Armor Alchemic Crystal (10): Limit 3
Yggdrasil Dew (25): Limit 1
Starspirit Fruit (1): Restores 150+ HP to a single ally. Limit 5

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Good time to start playing if anyone was on the fence. Rubiss banner is back and free 3k gems right now, plus a ton more in the treasure maps.