Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

vandalism posted:

My work and school is closed. I got a couple of games... Nioh 2 and Borderlands 3. Gonna clean up my house real well, too. I will be working on researching a 15-20pg research paper on emasculation in King Lear.

more like king queer

would be a good title for the paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Duolingo

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Go into your backyard and start digging, there's probably something cool buried in it!

If you don't have a backyard, use someone else's. Actually, it's probably better to do that in the first place. Don't let them know what you unearth though - finders keepers bitches!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Found out my old school got permanently replaced with a concert hall. :banjo:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Mozi posted:

more like king queer

would be a good title for the paper

yeah honestly the more i think about it this owns and I should do it... i will cite Mozi

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
once again i have been hoisted by my own petard

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Tom Gorman posted:

school sucks anyway man

i swiped some beers from my dad and have like 8 cigarettes but we gotta smoke in the garage

I'll bring a can of air duster, my older brother showed me how to get high with it.

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
You foolish mortals and your insignificant lifespans

William Shatner
May 11, 2005

Is today the day we will leave Ridgeview?
Or learn how to make games.

Download Unreal engine for free: https://www.unrealengine.com

Go to Youtube and type in: "Learn Unreal." There are thousands of tutorials for every topic you can imagine.

Pick a video that doesn't look like crap - scrub through it and see if it interests you.

In ~1 day you can go from being a total game creator nub to "Holy poo poo, I made my own game"

Expand on that for the next two weeks. Congrats, now you can make games. They'll suck at first, but that's ok. You've now demystified the process of becoming a game developer. Lean into what you liked about the process - level design, programming, art, whatever. Try to re-create something you already know, then mix it up. In only takes a few days of poking away at it to have an "Ah Ha!" moment.

The game industry hires people that have their own portfolios of experiments all the time. Entry level in the game industry for somebody with a portfolio of work pays more than most 4 year degrees.

You can also do this with the Unity engine: https://www.unity3d.com / Youtube: "Learn Unity"

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

roarpower posted:

Two weeks. What the gently caress am I going to do?

Same bro

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
take up retard masturbating

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

gary oldmans diary posted:

take up retard masturbating

roarpower posted:

dude, I can only do jerk off three times a day.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Video games

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wait. Are you going to school to learn or to teach? Either way, it sucks to be you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Now would be the perfect time to learn how to style your pubes.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My school closed down until April 6. It was rather sudden. Every school in the county, from preschool to university, has been ordered to close for the duration. The announcement went out about 10 minutes before the school day ended yesterday. My students left without instructions from any of their teachers. I've been fielding emails all day about any work that I would be requiring over the break. However, the school board has decided that there was not enough time to get stuff ready, so we can't require any work. The best we can do is post stuff online as "enrichment" that they can do if they choose.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Develop a corona virus vaccine

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Genesplicer posted:

My school closed down until April 6. It was rather sudden. Every school in the county, from preschool to university, has been ordered to close for the duration. The announcement went out about 10 minutes before the school day ended yesterday. My students left without instructions from any of their teachers. I've been fielding emails all day about any work that I would be requiring over the break. However, the school board has decided that there was not enough time to get stuff ready, so we can't require any work. The best we can do is post stuff online as "enrichment" that they can do if they choose.

I need to finish up two online unit plans by tomorrow morning without even knowing how much reading per day I can give to my Gen Ed. students; not sure if I need all materials done by that point, which is the real problem considering I'm working weekends. Doing Resource Room online is going to be interesting.

Hopefully this doesn't go beyond two weeks; need more observations done before I can get certified.

edit: work got so slow I got to go home early. Let's get these units DONE son

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 15, 2020

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oo8QzDHimQ

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my advice is dont learn to program and go do something more interesting and worthwhile

the last thing you want is to become one of those goons who starts every post identifying themselves as a computer toucher

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that his site has a little music note at the end.