Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This year, we are on the verge of a new generation of consoles, but I feel like the future has never been more unclear. The Xbox Series X Box by Xbox and the Playstation 5 are both scheduled for launches this holiday season, but we still know very little about what we're going to be playing on them, and the event that would normally reveal much of this information to us, E3, has been done in, possibly forever. The COVID-19 virus will affect manufacturing, production and marketing of games, and it's possible that any things we don't know the release date of (and lots of things we think we do) are now on very shaky ground. So I implore you to do what people on the internet have done since the earliest days of online video game discussion: speculate wildly about things you know almost nothing about!

What is this thread for?

I want you to make a prediction. It could be about a future game that we know about (will we see Cyberpunk this year after all?), a game that we don't know about (what is Nintendo gonna be releasing in the back half of 2020?), an event that may or may not be happening in the future (will we see an E3 in 2021?), or anything that has to do with the magical world of video games. Feel free to make more than one, or even a whole bunch. This is a fun exercise, the worst that can happen is you're wrong and everyone knows that being wrong on the internet has absolutely no consequences.

Why?

because predicting poo poo is fun and most of us are probably on the verge of spending a lot more time indoors.

I'm not gonna do that.

I thought you might say that, so I offer you a challenge. We're expected to get two new consoles this year, but we have no idea when. So, the first two people who correctly predict the release date of either the Xbox Series X or the Playstation 5 will get $20 from me for the online store of your choice. You can predict both in your post and if you get both right I'll give you $40. I don't really think there's any way to cheat here (other than editing your post to change your guess, which is not allowed), but don't cheat please. But you must also make one other prediction in your post. That one doesn't have to be right, but it does have to be a prediction about video games.

Have fun, my friends, and wow us all with your prognostication abilities!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Playstation 5 will come out on October 23, 2020.

The Series X will come out September 25, 2020.

Enhanced versions of The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima will launch with the PS5, but will not be the marquee launch titles.

When Sony reveals the PS5, they will announce that Spider-Man 2 is in development for at least 2021.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake episode 2 will be unveiled at The Game Awards or equivalent year-end event.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 15, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PS5, 11/20/20
Xbox 11/27

no delays but it will be revealed they were assembled by uighur slave labor

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I predict the New Xbox whatever will be out October 10 2020 and the PS5 will decide to be conservative, launching February next year.

I predict the PS5 will be a boring old console while the Xbox will have a whole lot of bullshit about fully merging PC gaming and consoles, probably through services like Stadia/Geforce, so console players can play PC stuff through streaming.

Nintendo will publish a new Metroid game next year too and it will be cinematic as gently caress.

Nintendo is going to revive Advance Wars next year too, as it devotes some time to going back to fully portable games either through an even smaller, Switch-like console or some other ultra low-end device that can be loaded with games.

Half Life 3 in 3 years.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
A heavily hyped game will release and everyone will love it for two weeks after which point it will be revealed it is actually bad

A female journalist will give her opinion on something related to a game and she will immediately be attacked by dozens of rabid GAMERS who will say that she isn't a real GAMER and also she is a useless woman only good for cooking and sex

Star citizen will not be released as a finished gaming product, also one of the actors cast in it will die irl and chris roberts will dedicate the game to them by releasing a cosmetic microtransaction that gives their character model 50% transparency so it looks like a ghost

edit: also microsoft will release the new xbox on 20/20/20 (20th August, 2021 in the plebian calendar)

Convex fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 15, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1240350228529774592?s=20

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
VR will become palatable to the average person but I don't know how, why, or when, sorry.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The Series X will release on November 10th 2020

The PS5, November 12th 2020

Metroid Prime 4 will never release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

since has already peaked in its mind boggling ability to represent the third dimension, sony will release the play station five with innovative new support for 4-dimensional skeletons
between 3 and 20 engineers will die tragically when a prototype ps5 is accidentally dropped and leaks its extra dimensions all over sony's california hq