Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Macnult posted:

what’s the book about, OP?

“Bad Student is a dramatic thriller with hints of dark comedy. It's about a disillusioned teenage boy who is a suicidal drug addict with a family that couldn't care less about his existence. Race, religion, sexuality, and morality are all discussed in great detail. It is largely based off of my real teenage experiences but with some obvious poetic license.”

Is that actually the blurb?

Congrats OP on finishing something - that is hard and something to be proud of.

Now... if this is a "dramatic thriller with hints of dark comedy" and you can't think of a single dramatic or thrilling or funny thing to put in the summary then it's not a very good book and I'm not going to read it; not for free, and definitely not for $3.

You probably spent a ton of time writing it, so you can afford to spend 1 damned day writing 3 sentences describing it that doesn't make me regret the 4 seconds I spent reading it.

Keep writing - you will get better. But next time, get independent feedback on your book *before* you publish, and maybe have a good blurb/summary in your head before you start to give you an idea of what you're really writing.

Edit: gently caress, snipe. Adding improved blurb based on the title alone.

OP's book posted:

“Wes is a bad student. A bad boyfriend. A bad son. His family couldn't care less about him, and his impossibly attractive and high-achieving girlfriend just dumped him. Deciding he has one last chance to win her back, Wes and his dangerously in-debt junkie dealer start planning something spectacular for the day of the school's grand re-opening. But he accidentally discovers there is more than one desperado in town... and now opening night could be one night this town never forgets...

crusty fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesflarger
Feb 6, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Charles posted:

Did you come back because you heard Burt Sexual is no longer a mod?

Actually, no. I re-registered awhile ago and occasionally check the forums and just happened to notice. just a hilarious accident.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wouldn't say it's been hilarious so far