Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Free travel isn't really going to be possible until there's a vaccine OP, hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

A Grand Egg posted:

New Zealand is amazing

One of my parents is from there. Spent many holidays in my childhood on amazing farms and you jump a fence and walk off and its a loving rain forest.,

If you ever get the chance, hire a camper van and just drive as much of the south island as you can. Its amazing.

Also the Marlborough Sound, top of the South island is loving amazing. We got a seaplane to a ramshackled cabin there no power or water and just fished and poo poo for a few weeks, one of the best times of my life.

Can you buy an old Datsun truck in New Zealand? I’d like to do that and go on weekend fishing trips.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
as a NZ permanent residency holder I can't very well say "gently caress off we're full" like racist aussies like to. but it's pretty annoying all the billionaires buying up in NZ to build doomsday compounds. goddammit I moved before it was viewed as some special peaceful place to avoid the consequences of world events (which it obviously won't be, anyway). gently caress these guys.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

the corona quid posted:

Can you buy an old Datsun truck in New Zealand? I’d like to do that and go on weekend fishing trips.

lots of old-to-medium-new japanese cars end up there as part of japan's insane "must buy a new car every 3 years" stimulus policies - barely-used cars get exported cause they're hard to keep registered in japan after a short while. in NZ skylines are the equivalent of the dropped 90s civic in the states, really not hard to come by. I dunno about like a 70s datsun ute or whatever because stuff rusts, it's a wet country, but you'd be pretty satisfied with the car options. I personally drove an 81 mini and loved every second of it.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
The only thing you should have taken from that Edmonton thread was OP is hopelessly sad-brained.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Get a decent car as a commuter, and a small family car as a second one.

We had a Toyota Ipsum, ancient but reliable. Tore out the back seats (and belts if you want it to pass a WOF), built a bed frame with enough room for chains, water, camping gear, food and clothing for both of us all tucked away.

It won't let you freedom camp, but who wants to do that anyway when the tourists literally poo poo in the bushes at all the freedom camping spots.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I was actually seriously thinking of getting some commuter car then getting a motorbike but I have no idea how motorcycle friendly New Zealand is. If it’s like here where giant gently caress off trucks just change lanes without looking I’d probably slightly less inclined to go that route.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

NZ's immigration policy is just as strict as australias is. You can thank Winston peters for that.

Honestly, given I'm an NZ citizen I really am tempted to sell up here in the UK and move back there. the UK is a shithole right now. We elected a mop on a candle as prime minister and it keeps melting on everything.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

the corona quid posted:

I was actually seriously thinking of getting some commuter car then getting a motorbike but I have no idea how motorcycle friendly New Zealand is. If it’s like here where giant gently caress off trucks just change lanes without looking I’d probably slightly less inclined to go that route.

the roads themselves are great, and i imagine bike heaven (image search the glenorchy road) but the people who use the roads lmbo

also be prepared for at least 2 campervans a week on the wrong side of the road zooming towards you

Woden
May 6, 2006

the corona quid posted:

They have US tourists jumping off ~20 hour flights straight into hire vans, then murdering people on the reg.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

the corona quid posted:

Our back country roads are lovely (narrow, poorly maintained, generally hilariously dangerous) so by all means come over once this corona thing has died down but please don't get killed

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
You'll never be fully accepted.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
learn to make a flat white you'll have work anywhere

same if you can weld, hike, or have some bullshit degree that makes you a perfect candidate to work government jobs that have you stand behind a counter all day

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you could go work for Grinding Gear Games and make Path of Exile. that would be pretty cool, they are always complaining they cant find anyone on their tiny island

Booty Pageant posted:

or have some bullshit degree that makes you a perfect candidate to work government jobs that have you stand behind a counter all day

:eyepop:
thats specifically what my bullshit degree is for! drat, i'm moving to new zealand

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 29, 2020

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Woden posted:

They have US tourists jumping off ~20 hour flights straight into hire vans, then murdering people on the reg.

The scariest part of American drivers is that they can pull out a gun and shoot you at any time so I’m not too concerned about that. If you said Italians then I would be really concerned.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP you should hop on a cruise right now to clear your head, I heard there’s 248 Canadians enjoying the Panama Canal at the moment

wait a minute honey
May 12, 2006
As someone who lives there - Don't move to Christchurch. It's a shithole.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Im actually thinking about moving TO Canada, the US loving sucks.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
TO Canada sucks more than you could possibly imagine brah

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

When all this is done I'm going to teach ESL in Bangkok and parlay that into owning a bar on Koh Chang.

I'm going to call the bar America's Hat.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

interwhat posted:

Im actually thinking about moving TO Canada, the US loving sucks.

I can see moving here from the states, there’s no way I’d move to the states right now. I’ve lived here all my life and I’m ready for something new.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Colonel Cancer posted:

TO Canada sucks more than you could possibly imagine brah

It definitely won't be Toronto brah

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

the corona quid posted:

I can see moving here from the states, there’s no way I’d move to the states right now. I’ve lived here all my life and I’m ready for something new.

We need more people to come to US to use/support our health care system.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
At this point the USA is literally a third world country after seeing what is going on now why would anyone move there

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

bar88537 posted:

We need more people to come to US to use/support our health care system.

This is the internationally beloved Canadian politeness everyone talks so much about.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does anyone know if Methanar is okay?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I mean he is a goon

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I am guessing New Zealand has only expensive or very bad internet.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Animal-Mother posted:

so no change from canada at all

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Animal-Mother posted:

unironically better than australia now, lol

australia was in the process of building out something better, but then some politicians decided to give their cronies a payday by redoing all the plans to be more expensive and also worse

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

Every single description of New Zealand sounds exactly like Canada except it’s on cool islands, isn’t deadly cold for close to half a year and people don’t look at you like an alien when you say you don’t like Hockey or Maple syrup.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
they will about rugby/vegemite though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Bad expensive internet and Marmite