Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is a thread for recommending/highlighting good threads and posts from the Post My Favourites forum.

LITERALLY AN ADMIN posted:

I'd like to introduce you all to PYF's new baby sub: Post My Favorites. Do you guys remember the Dear Diary RSF? No? Okay good, then this gimmick will be new and exciting to you. If yes, then you're welcome! It's back! Sort of!

I'll start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

from psychopomp's excellent PMF thread about playing through old games:

quote:

Burgertime (Bally Midway)

What's the time? Freudian nightmare time!

You're a chef being chased by giant wieners through an endless maze where you have to repeatedly go up and down ladders, and the only thing that can defeat them are your giant buns.

A nice take on the "you have to walk over areas" platform genre with a few interesting twists and a hamburger based theme, from a time when putting a fried egg on a burger would have been really weird to me. I also didn't care for pickles, so what did I know?

Game plays fine, but again, I'm terrible at it and never even made it past the third stage. Here's a bonus commercial from the Intellivision Home Port, in which everything is terrifying.

I'm here to tell anyone that cares to know that the Intellivision port of BurgerTime might be the best one out there, unless you count the fan-made Super Chef BT, also for the Intellivision, that has a ton more levels and throws them at you randomly, along with a few other quality-of-life corrections. If you ever liked the idea of BurgerTime but thought the game was a bit punishing and stiff - play this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42OtAYzErkM