Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Cholesterol Clubhouse Fat gently caress General Chat thread: must fit in a hole but it's huge

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
The dilemma of spending $17 for pizza or just cook myself and eat rice and grilled chicken at home

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
That's basically the motto of this subforum

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I mean, one of those things is not pizza so seems like an easy choice?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Unseasoned curly fries is so much worst than unseasoned regular fries. So much bland surface area

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The worst is when the curly part sticks together on the tighter spirals making it so it doesn't get cooked! :(

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GateOfD posted:

Unseasoned curly fries is so much worst than unseasoned regular fries. So much bland surface area

Who tf is doing unseasoned curly fries?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
one of the wing places around here did them but they always way over sauced their wings (in a good way) so you basically got buffalo curly fries for free

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I went to Carls Jr today and it was $3 cheaper than the last time I got that same combo. First time that has happened in a while.

I'm not sure if it was because I went to a different location than normal or they charge less during the daytime (since usually for me Carls is usually a post midnight thing) or they're SAVING MONEY BECAUSE OF THE VOICE ROBOT DRIVE-THRU which they put back in and it didn't work and I had to order with a real person after anyway.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

SAVING MONEY BECAUSE OF THE VOICE ROBOT DRIVE-THRU which they put back in and it didn't work and I had to order with a real person after anyway.

I had to deal with one of these at the CJ's nearest me maybe half a year or a year ago and I have not been through their drive through again because of it, it was frustrating as hell.

For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure, its basically one of those lovely voice recognition automated call things like when you call tech support, except you're on the side of a super busy road with all the noise that entails.

"Hello welcome to Carl's Junior, would you like to try one of our combo meals?"

"No, I've got a coupon for a buy one get one for a dollar western cheeseburger"

"I heard you would like a cheeseburger, would you like to try a Famous Star cheeseburger meal?"

"No, WESTERN CHEESEBURGER"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, let's try again, would you like to try one of our combo meals today?"

"No I want to use a coupon"

"If you have a coupon, please read the coupon code now."

"212456"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, let's try again, please read the coupon code now."

"2 1 2 4 5 6"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, would you like to try one of our combo meals today?"

"No, I just want..."

"Don't forget to add one of our delicious deserts to your order! Please order when ready!"

"w e s t e r n ... c h e e s e b u r g e r..."

"I heard ~french fry~. What size would you like?"

"gently caress this..."

*Pulls up to the window, waits for a few minutes because no order popped up on the screen for the people inside to see*

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, sorry, that robot order taking thing sucks, can I get this by one get one for a dollar western cheeseburger deal?"

"Oh, uh yeah, sure, hang on..."

How do they think anyone actually wants that?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
given how so many people have different accents and ways to say menu items, sounds like a nightmare

----------------

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Last time I went to CJ's and got the AI voice, all it took was trying to order one of the basic Big Hamburgers that got the system to panic and just put a flesh and blood human on speaker. So weird.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Twenty Four posted:

I had to deal with one of these at the CJ's nearest me maybe half a year or a year ago and I have not been through their drive through again because of it, it was frustrating as hell.

For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure, its basically one of those lovely voice recognition automated call things like when you call tech support, except you're on the side of a super busy road with all the noise that entails.

"I heard you would like a cheeseburger, would you like to try a Famous Star cheeseburger meal?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, let's try again, would you like to try one of our combo meals today?"

"212456"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, let's try again, please read the coupon code now."

"2 1 2 4 5 6"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, would you like to try one of our combo meals today?"

"No, I just want..."

"Don't forget to add one of our delicious deserts to your order! Please order when ready!"

"gently caress this..."

*Pulls up to the window, waits for a few minutes because no order popped up on the screen for the people inside to see*

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, sorry, that robot order taking thing sucks, can I get this by one get one for a dollar western cheeseburger deal?"

The one at Checkers is brutally efficient and puts the human employees to shame.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Twenty Four posted:

"212456"

"2 1 2 4 5 6"

"No, I just want..."

"gently caress this..."

"Can I help you?"

It's really bad and for anyone who hasn't tried it this is not hyperbole.

Szyznyk posted:

The one at Checkers is brutally efficient and puts the human employees to shame.

Lol but that's also true. Clearly the strategy tech companies need to use is have customer service so bad for so long that it makes the robot a fresh of air.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

It's really bad and for anyone who hasn't tried it this is not hyperbole.

Yeah, it was long enough ago (maybe a year or so) that I'm sure I don't have the exact phrasing correct, but that was a pretty accurate depiction of the experience.

The couple of time since then I've either gone inside if possible or skipped it entirely. I'm not putting up with that if I've got options.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My McDonald's has a pre -recorded message asking if your using the app, then immediate says, please place your order, then an actually employee asks you what you would like to order. Lol.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wendigee posted:

My McDonald's has a pre -recorded message asking if your using the app, then immediate says, please place your order, then an actually employee asks you what you would like to order. Lol.

my McDonald's has that and now the local chain burger place has it too. its jarring and i hate it

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
our starbucks visits through the drive-through always go "THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT, BUT WE ARE CURRENTLY CLO--hey how can i help you"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
getting spammed by all the chains for all these deals using the app, but they're all terrible

spend $15 and get something free

how about you give me a bogo, or a meal deal for 5 bucks like last month or gently caress right off

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Any coupon that is an invitation to spend more money is not a real coupon.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:btroll:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Anyone find any good 4/20 deals?

Jack in the box will be doing 99 cent tiny tacos, Dunkin' a free cold brew, Carls Jr will have bogo famous star w/ cheese.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jack in the box will be doing 99 cent tiny tacos, Dunkin' a free cold brew, Carls Jr will have bogo famous star w/ cheese.

Der Wienershnitzel will be pretending nothing happened.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Mellow Mushroom has pretzel nugz for, oh just guess the price.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

Der Wienershnitzel will be pretending nothing happened.

drat I could go for a chili dog, or 1 original CC and an all beef CC

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wendigee posted:

My local Wendy's does this too except the robot voice is always interrupted by the employee.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
At White Castle 4/20 7pm-3am
You get a digital redemption code for the Harold and Kumar Go To White Casle movie with purchase of a Clutch Case (20Sliders). And the case has a special Harold and Kumar design on it

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Looks like those 2 were fake :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
OK so if I decide that I want to be a turbo cheap rear end and maximize coupons and discounts and deals what's the best way to do that without installing apps?

I tried installing the McDonald's app and it told me it wouldn't install unless I gave it access to pretty much everything on my phone, including pictures and contacts and lmao gently caress that. I'm assuming most of the other fast food apps will do the same

Where do you all find coupons and discounts and deals?

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I just use the ones I get in the mail and lol they have gotten steadily worse over the last year in particular. Gone are the days of simply X dollars off Y item, now everything is an invitation to spend more money to "unlock" a lower price on additional items you don't want (Buy One Get One 50% off, which should be illegal to call a BOGO- because you're not Getting One when you Buy One) :mad:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK so if I decide that I want to be a turbo cheap rear end and maximize coupons and discounts and deals what's the best way to do that without installing apps?

I tried installing the McDonald's app and it told me it wouldn't install unless I gave it access to pretty much everything on my phone, including pictures and contacts and lmao gently caress that. I'm assuming most of the other fast food apps will do the same

Where do you all find coupons and discounts and deals?

You can use their websites instead of the apps for the same deals almost everywhere. Yup still have to register an account but it won't have access to your phone..

I have the McDonald's app on android and it certainly didn't make me give them access to my contacts or camera or mic or anything though so I'm not sure what your talking about. All it really wanted was my location and I told it no. I drive to McDonald's and open the app, tell it out can use my location this one time only, plane my order then close the app after it recognizes I'm there

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 24, 2024

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

You can use their websites instead of the apps for the same deals almost everywhere. Yup still have to register an account but it won't have access to your phone..

I have the McDonald's app on android and it certainly didn't make me give them access to my contacts or camera or mic or anything though so I'm not sure what your talking about. All it really wanted was my location and I told it no. I drive to McDonald's and open the app, tell it out can use my location this one time only, plane my order then close the app after it recognizes I'm there

They must have changed that recently

I'll just create accounts on their websites and filter the spam into a food folder. Thanks!

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I was having a problem with the Arby's app the other day and using the website worked just as well.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The apps seem useless I've just really noticed. The website have the same deals and you didn't have to install anything

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hm I haven't had the same experience, and for like 50 megs and 5 seconds who gives a poo poo

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I've stopped signing up for things that ask for excessive personal information, not out of paranoia, more out of disgust that they don't already have it. How many times can the same data be scraped and sold. I'm getting asked for my email in stores at the point of purchase and it's like uh not today :nallears:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea