Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Homeybeef posted:

So why are there 2 belts?

Randy beat Cena to unite them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God isn't Connor part of the celebration? :cry:

e: Oh God there he is

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God isn't Connor part of the celebration? :cry:

e: Oh God there he is

Yes :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
This reminds me that Vince stopped putting numbers on Mania and stopped having them call it the grandaddy of them all because he didn't want it to feel old

lol

Vince is so loving stupid

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Not a bad series finale, ended better than the manga did.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know they weren't married at the time but it's kinda funny that WWE was still refusing to admit that Bryan and Brie were a thing and she wasn't part of the celebration

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I made this effortpost a while back and decided to revisit it after the replay aired. Here's the complete Mania 30 card with a look at where they currently are six years later in 2020.

Bold: Out of the company, still wrestling elsewhere
Bold/italic: Out of the company, retired or otherwise inactive
Italic: Still in the company, but either retired, inactive, or working non-wrestling role
Regular: Still active wrestlers in the company, whether on a full- or part-time basis

The Usos vs. Los Matadores (w/El Torito) vs. Cesaro & Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) vs. Curtis Axel & Ryback

Daniel Bryan** vs. Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon)

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. Kane, Billy Gunn & Road Dogg

Battle royal: Yoshi Tatsu, Brad Maddox, Brodus Clay, The Great Khali, Zack Ryder, Darren Young, Drew McIntyre*, Jinder Mahal*, Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, Mark Henry, Titus O’Neal, The Miz, Santino Marella, Xavier Woods, Damien Sandow, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, Big E, Fandango, R-Truth, Sin Cara, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Rey Mysterio*, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, The Big Show, Cesaro

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (w/Luke Harper & Erick Rowan)

Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) vs. The Undertaker

Divas battle royal: AJ Lee, Aksana, Alicia Fox***, Brie Bella, Cameron, Emma, Eva Marie, Layla, Naomi, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes, Summer Rae, Tamina Snuka

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista

*-- released from the company and later brought back
** -- returned from injury absence
*** -- Has there been any news on Alicia lately? Last I heard she was dealing with addiction problems and wrestled a match drunk, which got Arn Anderson fired since he was the agent. Then they moved her profile to the Alumni section but never announced a release, so maybe they’re paying for her rehab? Either way, she is decidedly not an active wrestler right now.

Some more takeaways:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's weird how few title defenses are on this show. Just two title matches made the main card, and neither of them are singles matches. Of course this lack of title matches wouldn't last long -- WWE has since brought back the brand split, launched several satellite promotions with their own set of titles, and now there's like 80 belts in that company that they try to all cram on the card.

The men’s battle royale is a fascinating time capsule of the era. Just at first glance there are multiple future world champions, Royal Rumble and MITB winners, and the co-founder of AEW just treated like total cannon fodder. Of the people who left, only Cody, Dustin and (somehow) Yoshi are enjoying success elsewhere. The Darewolf PJ Black had a fun run in LU before BASE jumping accidents derailed his career. If he’s still getting regular bookings, I haven’t seen them.

The women’s battle royale is even bleaker, with Tenille being the only one who left and still had a wrestling career afterwards. Most of the others moved on to Instagram modeling or whatever they were doing before WWE. Is Eva Marie still trying to make an acting career happen? AJ Lee wrote a memoir and briefly tricked people into thinking she was coming back when she did a photoshoot in her gear for the book cover (am I the only one who remembers that kerfuffle?). This would be the last time the Divas title is defended at a Mania -- 31 had the champion in a non-title tag match and the Women’s Championship was introduced at 32.

I remember nothing about the pre-show tag other than Cesaro turning on Swagger. The next night he introduced Heyman as his new manager and we all know that was a smash success that turned Cesaro into the biggest star in the company. Cough.

I still count Hunter as active for his one match a year (even though he’s not on this year’s Mania card), but Stephanie has been off TV long enough that I think she’s mostly done playing an onscreen role.

I wonder whatever happened to that Shield guy who left. Probably not anyone important.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Alicia got moved to alumni section of WWE after her last incident before returning to tv for a non wrestling appearance. She's donezo.