Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Michiru and Nazuna are Cute!!!
I'm a fan of those two not getting into fisticuffs myself, I liked them just kind of reconnecting and reaffirming their friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

ultimately i was really impressed with the narrative especially after kill la kill being about how uniforms are bad. it sounds like i really need to watch promare

edit: ill agree that the social commentary and narrative arent totally fleshed out but i totally reject the idea that theyre contradictory, misguided, or harmful. this show flows with love and empathy, and utterly rejects violence and hatred of all kinds.

Any overarching commentary it has can't be contradictory or misguided if there isn't any. It definitely doesn't reject violence either so long as it's done by the heroes and doesn't involve killing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Any overarching commentary it has can't be contradictory or misguided if there isn't any. It definitely doesn't reject violence either so long as it's done by the heroes and doesn't involve killing.

ok, sure, but “doesnt involve killing” is extremely important

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

ok, sure, but “doesnt involve killing” is extremely important

In the same way Batman and Superman don't kill but still commit acts of violence when necessary

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

In the same way Batman and Superman don't kill but still commit acts of violence when necessary

more like how getting into fights and roughhousing, horseplay, is trivial and largely inconsequential, but to take a life is to cross the rubicon into a different world. you can compare it to batman and superman but i think its a pretty self-evident distinction

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I just binged this and I loved every minute of it. Might be able to forgive Trigger for KLK. Favorite character was probably the mink con artist. She's very fun.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Colgate posted:

I just binged this and I loved every minute of it. Might be able to forgive Trigger for KLK. Favorite character was probably the mink con artist. She's very fun.

You mean the mongoose?

(Loved this show)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

You mean the mongoose?

(Loved this show)

Weasel :eng101:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Am I reading too much in Nazuna and Michi's fight?

Did Naz try to commit loving suicide by bus and was hiding her depression with her gratitude towards being saved?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 16, 2020

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Am I reading too much in Nazuna and Michi's fight?

Did Naz try to commit loving suicide by bus and was hiding her depression with her gratitude towards being saved?

I also wondered if it was a suicide attempt, perhaps because Nazuna felt she couldn't be the pop idol / have the life she wanted

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I didn't read it like that at the time and still think it's a little hard to support, but also I can't meaningfully refute it and it makes Nazuna's arc more interesting so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AnimatedEmpress/status/1284320553902333952?s=20

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ok, I don't skateboard but I still want that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Huh, just watched this over a few hours. Really fun if I ignore the plot and maybe the last few episodes. Was a lot more interesting before everything became critical stakes but I guess that’s just the way you gotta do things these days.

Are they planning for another season or was this a one shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Martytoof posted:

Huh, just watched this over a few hours. Really fun if I ignore the plot and maybe the last few episodes. Was a lot more interesting before everything became critical stakes but I guess that’s just the way you gotta do things these days.

Are they planning for another season or was this a one shot?

Studio Trigger usually only tends to do one season shows, however SSSS.Gridman is getting a follow up spin off show from the looks of it, so maybe they'll do something more for BNA too. It seems to be rather popular from what I've seen across the internets.