Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's the one thing I wanted more than anything. I always hated those rubes that won. Just running around grabbing poo poo with no real game plan. I would have wiped that KB toys so clean with my strategies. Now we are all gonna die and I never got 2 run the aisles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Video games are the key here. Back when they had tickets you had to present to a closed off window you could just grab a hundred of them or more in five minutes. Have every console, and every title the store stocked.

I mean you would probably have to get a barbie for your little sister or something so save time for that but get those tickets.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
You can still go to a store and stuff as many toys as you possibly can into a shopping cart within a time limit you set on your phone, you're not legally obligated to buy them afterwards.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
A friend of mine swears he won one of these in an Elio's Pizza Box. Sent the winning card in the mail and never heard back from them ever again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Universe Master posted:

Video games are the key here. Back when they had tickets you had to present to a closed off window you could just grab a hundred of them or more in five minutes. Have every console, and every title the store stocked.

I mean you would probably have to get a barbie for your little sister or something so save time for that but get those tickets.

poo poo. that was totally my plan.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just watched a YouTube video. It looks like it was done at Kay Bee toys, so no ticket method unfortunately.

As a bonus, the stores looked just as clean after the kid left (Kay Bee toys, at least by me, always looked like a tornado hit it and they didn't bother cleaning up).

They had awesome prices on stuff like 20 bucks for a 32x or 30 bucks for a Virtual Boy though.

Edit: actually it's hard to tell. Looks like this one is at a Kay Bee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NBSq03SAtw

All the others show Toys R Us

Edit 2: This one also is clearly a Kay Bee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-QO6AeLiIc

Edit 3: I never recalled bicycles being at any of the Kay Bee stores I went to. They were way too small and were always in a mall. Were there these huge Kay Bee standalone stores I never heard of?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 26, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Regardless of the paper slip situation Doug really hosed it up in the electronics aisle. And then he goes and grabs one barbie to try and get a smooch from the neighbor when he could have grabbed all of the barbies? gently caress Doug.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

veni veni veni posted:

Regardless of the paper slip situation Doug really hosed it up in the electronics aisle. And then he goes and grabs one barbie to try and get a smooch from the neighbor when he could have grabbed all of the barbies? gently caress Doug.

Yeah, don't ever grab anything. Put your arm out and let everything fall into the buggy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Did they get multiple shopping carts? Or was it only whatever could fit into one cart in the allotted time?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I always wondered why they didn't just grab every tag from every bike in the bike aisle. Sell that poo poo afterwards, son.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Laboring over crayon drawings of Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina before mailing them to Stick Stickley, then missing my drawings so I redo them but they aren’t as good and I ask my mom to take them off the fridge. I stare at them, not having the words to express that they are disappointing and I regret sending the good ones away to a famous popsicle stick. My first brush with the real world.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

veni veni veni posted:

It's the one thing I wanted more than anything. I always hated those rubes that won. Just running around grabbing poo poo with no real game plan. I would have wiped that KB toys so clean with my strategies. Now we are all gonna die and I never got 2 run the aisles.

If we're in End Times, just go steal toys. Live your own super toy run.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
It's because you weren't sending in polaroids of your feet along with the sweepstakes entry. Everybody wants but nobody wants to give

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Universe Master posted:

Yeah, don't ever grab anything. Put your arm out and let everything fall into the buggy.

If you do that you’ll quickly fill up your cart with multiples of the same 3/4 toys and that’ll be it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The key is to start off creating a solid base for your toy tower. You'll be going high-speed, changing directions constantly, and you're limited on time, so you have to make sure you get a solid foundation and find the right toys that will keep your tower locked down and steady during the chaos.

Also don't be afraid of making your own shortcuts. There may be weak points within the fixtures where you can just push through and make your own path to the next aisle, saving precious seconds.

If you are especially clever, you can start a fire and distract the people in charge of supervising the toy run, earning you precious extra seconds. Some may consider this cheating, but everyone knows laws don't apply in the Nickelodeon Super Toy Run.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Legends of the Hidden Temple was the show you wanted to get on OP, not some super toy run garbage.

Even if you don't win, you get to spend 16 hours eating pizza and drinking soda!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Pro-read: https://tv.avclub.com/i-got-4-bikes-2-nickelodeon-super-toy-run-winners-re-1798278424

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
What the gently caress are you all talking about? Can someone explain what a super toy run is?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Angelwolf posted:

What the gently caress are you all talking about? Can someone explain what a super toy run is?

Oh you poor soul

Once upon a time the television channel Nickelodeon would allow one kid to run through a toy store with a cart and grab, for free, any toy he or she wanted, which they would then get to keep. You could grab anything, video games, consoles, gi joes, barbies, telescopes, whatever the store had.

It was a magical age.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

As a junior grade fatass I always wanted to do Supermarket Sweep. So many racks of ribs...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to do a Super Toy Run at a liquor store.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Universe Master posted:

Oh you poor soul

Once upon a time the television channel Nickelodeon would allow one kid to run through a toy store with a cart and grab, for free, any toy he or she wanted, which they would then get to keep. You could grab anything, video games, consoles, gi joes, barbies, telescopes, whatever the store had.

It was a magical age.

Thanks! Now I can read the posts and actually understand.

Yeah, the tickets thing seems obvious... Maybe there's a rule you can't grab duplicates or something? What's one kid going to do with 53 copies of Sonic Spinball on Genesis?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

When I was a kid my grandparents had nicolodeon, which was not usually available in germany. I still don't know why they had it, but it was there. Apart from watching all the really cool tv shows I never knew existed I also saw this thing happening once, I was so jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Did they get multiple shopping carts? Or was it only whatever could fit into one cart in the allotted time?

All of the shopping carts you'll ever need. No limits