Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The Idiots are dead! Long live the Idiots.

Old Stuff:

Social media? Does Tumblr count as social media?

Yes and no. Tumblr has been posted here with little issue in the past, but this is not the Tumblr mock thread. Those threads end up crashing and burning, because criticizing social justice and leftism leads to arguments about said issues, which is better left for D&D. Before you post something from Tumblr, remind yourself that this is not the thread for a debate, and then consider whether or not you should post it. Usually the answer is no.

RULES FOR THE THREAD OKAY

1. Censor people's names. This hasn't been much of an issue in the past, but if you post something that really pisses someone off, they might try to find that person online and berate them in some fashion. If it's a public page, no censorship needed.
2. Don't touch the poop. This mostly involves other people's timelines, but also your own. There's no need to distance yourselves from acquaintances and relatives over an internet forum.
3. Don't derail.
4. Seriously, don't derail. This thread is filled with ridiculous dumb images and people, you don't need to play devils advocate. For example, someone might post a comic about veganism, implying that people who drink milk are worse than Hitler. Goofus responds "I don't know why this thread is suddenly for animal cruelty." Gallant responds "I'm a vegan, and that's dumb as poo poo." Don't be Goofus.

People keep posting Facebook screencaps with puns instead of actual names, what is that about?

That would be Social Fixer. It's a faster way to cover up identities before mocking people. I prefer to use MS Paint, but to each his own.

Regarding The Last Thread

Birb is of the notion to put a damper on the terfposting and I agree because it's repetitive, kinda upsetting, causes trouble and, mist importantly, I am a craven sycophant.

Now, for content:

Ellie Crabcakes has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Mar 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The real idiots on social media were the friends we made along the way.

And also, the police abusing their powers to enforce the coronavirus quarantine.

https://twitter.com/DerbysPolice/status/1243168931503882241

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Fatty I just made one at the same time :downs: Would you prefer I close mine, or this one? Take a look at the OP and let me know what you think.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Mar 31, 2020

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Here we have a stupid dickhead offering their two cents about the shelter in place order for Maryland:

https://twitter.com/MikeBPrice/status/1244728516991750157?s=19

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Closing this one per Fatty :) Sorry I am just terrible at this whole "rebooting threads" thing on account of we never ever do it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918745