Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for March, 2020?
This poll is closed.
:snod: Go Shiozaki (GHC Heavyweight Champion) 28 52.83%
:livintrope: Masato Tanaka (KO-D Openweight Champion) 9 16.98%
:kamina: Naruki Doi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 3 5.66%
Kento Miyahara (FORMER Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 2 3.77%
Suwama (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.89%
:justflu: None of the Above 10 18.87%
Total: 53 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Late 00's/early 10's Puro would of been a tough sell on the poll even if we did have easier access as it was still recovering from both Inoki-ism and the death of Misawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also if the GOAT thread is any indication, people here loving love Christian and would probably vote for him regardless

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Sanguinia posted:

I want to state that it is a god drat CRIME that AAA Mega Champion Kenny Omega was not on this poll when he defended his title on Dynamite.

What would be your argument for Omega beating Shiozaki; or indeed any of the champions listed in the poll?

Also the AAA Title, like pretty much every Lucha title, doesn't really matter hence why in an average year it gets defended twice and always in the mid-card which is always the reason why lucha titles get passed over by things like this.

Venomous posted:

I was an Okada mark back then? :stonk:

cancelled for historic bad taste

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fenix held the title for 470 days and defended it a grand total of 2 times. There were multiple shows where he, the AAA Mega Champion, didn't even get on the card. Omega, the champion since October, has yet to appear on a AAA show in 2020.

The AAA title has never mattered.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

At least AAA remembers it has titles unlike CMLL

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

the AAA Mega Title was literally not defended in AAA for almost a year - Fenix won it on the 25th August 2018; next defended it in AAA on the 10th August 2019 and that was after them selling him winning it as "finally; we'll see regular title matches". So you can't even give them that!

Double checked this; the last time it main evented a show in its home promotion was June 2018; the match where Jeff Jarrett won it. If you include it you have to include the million CMLL Titles and the IWGP Intercontinental Title when the two get separated and all sorts of secondary titles.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love AAA but you'll go insane trying to make sense of their booking

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Whole lot of Japanese Indy Scene fans who got really made at a joke I made right before bed I see.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Congrats on getting more votes in the poll than people attending wrestlemania.

Also reading the March 2017 poll after you linked it and half the post-poll talk is me and Junpei making fun of some idiot complaining about Stardom being on the poll (because nobody but me and like 2 other people watched it back then, so I started writing it up so people would start watching it). Good times.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also Junpei correct ascertaining the TNA title was intergender like three years before Tessa won it

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Wait, Tessa Blanchard is Impact Champion? drat, they've really fallen off the radar if I haven't even HEARD about that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
She was even thrown into controversy over bullying and being a racist to other women right before it happened.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

karmicknight posted:

She was even thrown into controversy over bullying and being a racist to other women right before it happened.

Tully, why didn't you raise your girl as well as you're raising Shawn Spears :(

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also Junpei correct ascertaining the TNA title was intergender like three years before Tessa won it

I'm the #1 scoopsgal now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm the #1 scoopsgal now

I endorse this

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Somebody sim a scoops-on-a-pole match in FirePro, it is the only way to settle this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Late 00's/early 10's Puro would of been a tough sell on the poll even if we did have easier access as it was still recovering from both Inoki-ism and the death of Misawa

Yeah, that's why I think a retrospective would be a fun thing to do while we're all stuck in doors.

For example, I put together a list of who could be the nominees for January 2006 (which was before these were a thing) with links to matches. Well, except a couple. You have no idea how long I spent searching for Kojima vs TARU, giving up when the only place I could find it was IVP videos website & I'm not buying a 14 year old AJPW show just for one match.

Brock Lesnar (NJPW)
Brock Lesnar vs Shinsuke Nakamura 4/1
Joey Ryan (PWG)
Joey Ryan vs Human Tornado 7/1 (could rip if needed but 2006 Joey Ryan is bad)
Joey Ryan vs Chris Bosh 21/1 (could rip if needed but 2006 Joey Ryan is bad)
John Cena (WWE Heavyweight)
Elimination Chamber 8/1
John Cena vs Edge 8/1
Edge vs John Cena 29/1
Edge (WWE Heavyweight)
John Cena vs Edge 8/1
Edge vs Ric Flair 16/1
Edge vs John Cena 29/1
Satoshi Kojima (AJPW)
Satoshi Kojima vs TARU 8/1 (It is not online anywhere as far as I can tell. IVP have it but on the wrong show, they have it listed a 2/1, I don't get it but it doesn't matter, it's not like a match with TARU is going to be enough for Champion of a month)
Kurt Angle (WWE World Heavyweight)
Battle Royal for vacant title 10/1
Kurt Angle vs Mark Henry 29/1
Bryan Danielson (ROH)
Bryan Danielson vs Chris Hero 14/1
Bryan Danielson vs AJ Styles 28/1
Akira Taue (GHC)
Akira Taue vs Jun Akiyama 22/1
Jun Akiyama (GHC)
Akira Taue vs Jun Akiyama 22/1

Though without watching any of the matches in full this is a bad month to take as an example before imo the only 2 real choices on paper are going to be Danielson & Cena unless Angle vs Henry is better than I'd expect, because I know that Taue vs Akiyama was at a time where Taue was really ramping down & Kojima had to wrestle TARU who is about the least likely Triple Crown contender I've heard of even taking into account how big Voodoo Murders were at the time. And Brock vs Nakamura is obviously not well remembered at all.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I'd love to be contrarian and suggest Joshi options but like I can't even think of what the main Joshi championship or promotion would be in early 2006 - that's like the awkward gap between GAEA and AJW dying and the next generation of companies beginning to start (Sendai Girls and Ice Ribbon started in 2006) so like you'd have JWP or NEO or someone and none of that stuff is out there on the internet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IceAgeComing posted:

I'd love to be contrarian and suggest Joshi options but like I can't even think of what the main Joshi championship or promotion would be in early 2006 - that's like the awkward gap between GAEA and AJW dying and the next generation of companies beginning to start (Sendai Girls and Ice Ribbon started in 2006) so like you'd have JWP or NEO or someone and none of that stuff is out there on the internet.

Yeah, I did check the results but there were no singles title matches in any of the shows on Cagematch that month.

Actually just double checked that and there was a Yoshiko Tamura vs Mima Shimoda in NEO on 9/1. I have no idea if NWA Women's Pacific & NEO Title was their top strap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
Dana saying fighters have no idea where they will be taken to is funny, but it's also funny that it had already leaked that it's taking place at Tachi Palace before he made that statement.