Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gologle posted:

I'm kind of surprised that Elentor, biggest stan of FF7 on these forums, was put off by parts of FF7r. I expected it to be a huge success with him personally.

That makes perfect sense really, a lot of those parts deviate hard and not always in the best ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

I'm kind of surprised that Elentor, biggest stan of FF7 on these forums, was put off by parts of FF7r. I expected it to be a huge success with him personally.

I think it's a great game. Considering all I really wanted was a clean remake and not a FF7 rebuild/reboot/sequel, I got way more pleased than I expected. I liked the changes, the new elements. It gave me the feeling of weirdness that the original FF7 gave me and I realize that's only possible by trying new things.

With that said it took me a while to get adjusted to the langoliers, I would have enjoyed the game a lot more if it had less padding and was like, half the size (but I understand why they did it like they did. I don't think it can be reasonable to say that FF7R isn't a full game and it being just Midgar probably made them want to really nail down how complete an experience it could be), and as much as I was digging the new things the ending completely threw me off. Bad endings don't typically ruin an experience for me (not even ME3 did that) so eh, I'm fine.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sometimes I like to imagine what the game would feel like if the time ghosts were depicted as literally anything else besides dementors.

Like moogles. Time moogles.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TheKingofSprings posted:

That makes perfect sense really, a lot of those parts deviate hard and not always in the best ways.

It's a sequel, so deviation is to be expected!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It does make me really interested to see what they do with the next one, since they're not in a position where they have to stretch out about 3 hours or so of gameplay into 60

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My calls are that Zack will show up at the end of Part 2 and save Aeris and then Aerith and Zack will be party members in Part 3 and either Zack or Cloud will die at the end, if it's Zack he will say generic stuff like "I was... on borrowed time anyway... this life...it is a gift... don't cry for me, I'm happy that we had this time together...."

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Elentor, what was your opinion on the bit where Hojo first talks to Aerith and would have started licking the glass if he didn't have to go to a meeting.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought that was too gross. I had a hard time going with some parts of the game. The sleeping agents in the Don Corneo's place crossed a threshold for me.

From a third person, I'm glad that they decided to stick true to the gritty aspects of the original and did not tone down the villains, but on a personal level I no longer find easy to watch those scenes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Sometimes I like to imagine what the game would feel like if the time ghosts were depicted as literally anything else besides dementors.

Like moogles. Time moogles.

People would love the time ghosts if they had been cloaked Viera.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Elentor posted:

I thought that was too gross. I had a hard time going with some parts of the game. The sleeping agents in the Don Corneo's place crossed a threshold for me.

From a third person, I'm glad that they decided to stick true to the gritty aspects of the original and did not tone down the villains, but on a personal level I no longer find easy to watch those scenes.

At least Tifa and Aerith were able to utterly demolish them without needing to be rescued.

GIVE HIM THE CHAIR.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

At least Tifa and Aerith were able to utterly demolish them without needing to be rescued.

GIVE HIM THE CHAIR.

If anything they rescued Cloud

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1373621425748119556?s=21

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
She's loving dead OP

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Let Kitase off his leash, bring in Necromancy, let's goooooooooooo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of my predictions before the game was out was that Jessie would survive. I can still be right.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jessie's forever on life support.

Now Jessie is her dad!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
They’re probably all alive imo.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If they aren't alive, then you punch more time ghosts until they are alive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jessie's alive but everyone else is dead

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Jessie’s alive but she’s now 60% robot parts

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

When you go to fight Dyne they will reveal Cyborg Jessie beat you to him and the dramatic boss fight is Barret vs Jessie. It even fits with the Gold Saucer.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Hojo can fix Jessie like he fixed Vincent

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Everything that happens in FF7 after the pillar scene is just a dying dream in Jessie's mind.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jessie was the highway boss fight

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

For FF7R-2 you play half the game as Cloud and pals and half as Zack and his party of Jessie, Biggs and Roche.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The real Jessie was the friends me made along the way

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

SyntheticPolygon posted:

For FF7R-2 you play half the game as Cloud and pals and half as Zack and his party of Jessie, Biggs and Roche.

Honestly this is reasonably possible.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Jessie was the highway boss fight

this isn't FF8

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

When you go to fight Dyne they will reveal Cyborg Jessie beat you to him and the dramatic boss fight is Barret vs Jessie. It even fits with the Gold Saucer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWeOs7wpu70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

morallyobjected posted:

this isn't FF8

it's got just as much timeline shenanigans