Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

I really enjoyed everyone just goofing off with each other and having a fun time in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I saw that bit of culture clash coming the moment that they mentioned a hot springs but it still got a good laugh out of me.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, uh, that went places. America is literally hell, and Cowboy Satan finally showed up to pay his regards.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow. I didn't believe they were killing Kosame for real until the end credits. Actually I still have trouble believing it.

That's a seriously ballsy twist. With how relatively lighthearted the show was until this point I'll be impressed if it manages to stick the landing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 5, 2020

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Oh boy, time to watch another episode of Wacky Races!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

These races ain't wacky anymore :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
In a not so friendly little game between Capitalists, the Anarchist rears his head and shows how effective "might makes right" is, at least in the short term.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

In a not so friendly little game between Capitalists, the Anarchist rears his head and shows how effective "might makes right" is, at least in the short term.

I mean, he's an ancap. He's deeply linked to the violence bubbling below the surface of a colonial capitalist state with an underdeveloped rule of law, where you don't have to bother with framing and pretty disguises in order to go 'gently caress you, taking mine'. It's the whole reason why the protagonist is a brilliant scientist ahead of his time, trying to bring about a world where one guy who's good with a gun can't become a king. The race is basically a test of civilisation - it can only exist in a world that plays by the rules on some basic level, and America isn't there yet.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 5, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not gonna lie, I'm into them dedicating an entire episode on how much of a fucker Gil is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm into them dedicating an entire episode on how much of a fucker Gil is.

They basically committed to that character design as hard as they needed to, and I respect that. Dude's got a scar in the shape of an inverted cross and a glass eye with a red-on-black serpent emblem, and it doesn't come across as false advertising.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

They basically committed to that character design as hard as they needed to, and I respect that. Dude's got a scar in the shape of an inverted cross and a glass eye with a red-on-black serpent emblem, and it doesn't come across as false advertising.

It felt more like it was a scar that's either a sideways cross or 11 in Japanese

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

It felt more like it was a scar that's either a sideways cross or 11 in Japanese

I mean, they committed super hard to him being as close to Literally Satan as a mortal human can possibly be, so I'm betting it's supposed to be an inverted cross.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Least he should have a weakness, Namely his glass eyes blindspot.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Kosame no :cry:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I knew the moment they made it to the hospital he was going to live. It's hilarious how cruel that prank was just so that they could use it to fake us out in the previous episode.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I binged this series over the last two days and it was a breeze! I rarely feel like watching an episode takes five minutes but here it really applies.

It's a very cool show. The cast is super likable, the humour is great (it's rare to see anime comedy that doesn't revolve around wordplays, manzai or just one joke), the action scenes are pretty tense and exciting. Good time all around.

A per The Twist, I called it from the moment Richard first spoke. You don't cast Kenjiro Tsuda to play a trustworthy nice guy, you just don't

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

macabresca posted:

I binged this series over the last two days and it was a breeze! I rarely feel like watching an episode takes five minutes but here it really applies.

It's a very cool show. The cast is super likable, the humour is great (it's rare to see anime comedy that doesn't revolve around wordplays, manzai or just one joke), the action scenes are pretty tense and exciting. Good time all around.

A per The Twist, I called it from the moment Richard first spoke. You don't cast Kenjiro Tsuda to play a trustworthy nice guy, you just don't

He actually played one of those in Cop Craft. I mean, he was still a grizzled noir detective, but it was still quite unsettling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
All I want to say about this week's episode is Well played, you fuckers :argh:

Sindai posted:

I knew the moment they made it to the hospital he was going to live. It's hilarious how cruel that prank was just so that they could use it to fake us out in the previous episode.

As soon as the episode started and he was still alive, it was pretty obviously a fakeout. Otherwise they wouldn't have stuck that hospital shot in the preview to twist the knife last week.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Darth Walrus posted:

He actually played one of those in Cop Craft. I mean, he was still a grizzled noir detective, but it was still quite unsettling.

As long as he's doing this gravelly voice it's fine, but it's this nice, gentle one that immediately makes me suspicious

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That was a pretty fun penultimate episode.

Of course Xialian can pull off combos like she's in a fighting game.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I was hoping Sofia'd challenge Gil to a drinking competition and avoid a role of damsel in distress but oh well

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hah, guess I was right about the show being less about a race, and more about fighting for the possibility of a race. They even gave us a fun little racing sequence at the end as a reward once they took down Gil.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

APPARE OK

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pretty great show, I love how the final confrontation played out and resolved.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This was a good show but I was kind of hoping that the show would end without a definitive winner to the race, since it ended up not being that much about the race at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I would have liked a bit more of the race to be covered, but this was still a great series.