Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DId you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 63 73.26%
No 23 26.74%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
Most people on my fb feed love joe and post memes about hating carol but hopefully its ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

hemale in pain posted:

im not gonna bother watching all 10 episodes but has anyone said the real criminals are the american government for allowing all that animal abuse to legally happen? no way should you legally be able to breed big cats.

Congrats you sound just like the murderer

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

It feels like it's been a few weeks since I've watched it, but didnt she get pulled over by another cop and her brother came and took over the call or something even more sketchy?

I loved how she tried to downplay their relationship. She barely knew him growing up... because of the 4 year (?) age difference.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

tactlessbastard posted:

but that's the thing shes actually right about

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LemonLimeSoda posted:

Most people on my fb feed love joe and post memes about hating carol but hopefully its ironic

Cardi B wants to start a campaign to free him from prison.

Some people are just intrinsically drawn to narcissists.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Nobody wants to say it but the producer is the only one on the ground there who has his head screwed on right.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

LabyaMynora posted:

Cardi B wants to start a campaign to free him from prison.

Some people are just intrinsically drawn to narcissists.

The documentary did a pretty good job at painting him as, what the KGB would call, a useful idiot.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

tactlessbastard posted:

murder is pretty cool. gonna get a tear tattoo.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

I loved how she tried to downplay their relationship. She barely knew him growing up... because of the 4 year (?) age difference.

She really tried playing up the age gap.
When she was 15 he would have been 9!

The cops pretty much took the laziest route possible and got a trip to Costa Rica out of it. That whole property was 40 acres! Who could walk all that?

Everyone who had a hand in this is gross, that includes me for watching.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LemonLimeSoda posted:

There's definitely a lot of people (apparently including the sheriff investigating Carole's husband's disappearance lol) who just think Joe's a quirky cool dude done wrong by the world. He's charismatic and he's a flamboyant gay weirdo in one of the worst possible places to be any of that so it's understandable why he's so hosed up and his scams are hilarious when they're not happening to you (opening a restaurant with the meat from the tiger truck lol), but he's still a vicious psycho who poisons everything he touches

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The one thing I kept thinking is why doesn't Carole try to work with Joe. Say, "go ahead and breed the tigers, and when they are old enough, I will take them and reintroduce them to the wild."

Everyone would win that way.

But no, we get murderess greedy control freak bitch who pushed meth-head tiger breeder over the edge.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Lasca posted:

She really tried playing up the age gap.
When she was 15 he would have been 9!

You realize she pointed that age gap out specifically cause it was the age she ran away from home at, right? In a time when 9 year olds didn't have Facebook and cell phones to keep in touch with their sisters?

Waltzing Along posted:

The one thing I kept thinking is why doesn't Carole try to work with Joe. Say, "go ahead and breed the tigers, and when they are old enough, I will take them and reintroduce them to the wild."
Really? You can't introduce adult animals to the wild after they have been raised in captivity all their life so she would basically be saying "hey Joe why not breed animals and profit off them and as soon as they are worthless to you I'll take on all the expenses of maintaining them."

Cyks fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 5, 2020

Enthusiasm
Jul 11, 2010

NEVER go back for any reason.
I really don't understand why Jeff Lowe's creepy bald friend isn't also in jail if their story is that he accepted money for a murder and left with all intentions of doing it until he got sidetracked by cocaine and strippers

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Dont Touch ME posted:

Nobody wants to say it but the producer is the only one on the ground there who has his head screwed on right.
Not in the documentary, but online, people have come out saying the producer was not only a huge addict but also a sexual predator

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Right, I forgot that part. That's about the shadiest thing about his disappearance and really the only thing with any weight to connect her.

What about the part where his will and the executorship paperwork was mysteriously stolen from the office? She totally killed her husband lol.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cyks posted:

Really? You can't introduce adult animals to the wild after they have been raised in captivity all their life so she would basically be saying "hey Joe why not breed animals and profit off them and as soon as they are worthless to you I'll take on all the expenses of maintaining them."

These tigers are also just totally hosed up genetically and could never be candidates for reintroduction. Legit breeding programs account for which population an animal was sourced from and don't try to reintroduce its offspring on the other side of the continent.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Enthusiasm posted:

I really don't understand why Jeff Lowe's creepy bald friend isn't also in jail if their story is that he accepted money for a murder and left with all intentions of doing it until he got sidetracked by cocaine and strippers

Because it was all most certainly a set-up and they were both coordinating with the feds after being pressured with all the super shady Vegas poo poo they were running away from in the first place. Lowe is the oiliest motherfucker in the whole thing

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Not yet, but since they canceled school for the year, I might.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Jeff Lowes buddy ran shivers down my spine worse than that recent documentary about Ted Bundy.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Jeff Lowes buddy ran shivers down my spine worse than that recent documentary about Ted Bundy.

Which one? Not the guy they sent to do the murder, right? He was just some dumb handyman.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

Cyks posted:

You realize she pointed that age gap out specifically cause it was the age she ran away from home at, right? In a time when 9 year olds didn't have Facebook and cell phones to keep in touch with their sisters?

And before that? Like obviously their home-life was messed up, but that's not a big age gap between them growing up

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

There is no reintroducing them to the wild - that's not even a thing here. These tigers are hosed for life and that's why it's better to put them into a place like Carole's than any other option.

Joe and Doc Antell breeding tigers is hosed up and wrong. Carole, despite being a murderer, is the lesser of three evils.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Dregs posted:

Which one? Not the guy they sent to do the murder, right? He was just some dumb handyman.

There was nothing behind his eyes.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Cyks posted:

What's weird though is that her parents, or at least her dad, is down there working at her zoo in Florida, and at one point in the doc it was mentioned that her whole family was protecting her from questions from staff. I don't get that. Why run away from your parents and family to Florida and then have them all come and live with you? Especially if you have gently caress off money?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

There was nothing behind his eyes.

Well, he blew 3K of murder money on coke and hookers before he even made it to Florida, so he is one of the least bad people on the show IMO. It is a very low bar, to be sure.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Dregs posted:

Well, he blew 3K of murder money on coke and hookers before he even made it to Florida, so he is one of the least bad people on the show IMO. It is a very low bar, to be sure.

It”s probably classism on my part. He triggered a visceral disgust in me, for reasons I can”t articulate in my cannabis-addled state. If it really turns out to be class-based discrimination on my part, I will have some poo poo to work on for myself.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LabyaMynora posted:

There is no reintroducing them to the wild - that's not even a thing here. These tigers are hosed for life and that's why it's better to put them into a place like Carole's than any other option.

Joe and Doc Antell breeding tigers is hosed up and wrong. Carole, despite being a murderer, is the lesser of three evils.

How are they hosed for life? They are big cats. Put them in the jungle and some will figure it out some won't. But it will increase the population.

Carole is the greatest of the three evils. She's a cat fascist. A catscist.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

How are they hosed for life? They are big cats. Put them in the jungle and some will figure it out some won't. But it will increase the population.

read this post in joe's voice

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Skylar wasn’t a bitch. Walt spent three seasons gaslighting her constantly. We don’t want Walter to get caught because he’s the hero of the show and we’re rooting for him, but that doesn’t mean that Skylar was unreasonable to be constantly questioning him and complaining about his bizarre, secretive behavior. And what he was doing ended up being so much worse than she could possibly have imagined.

Skylar’s real crime was just that, the crime she participated in after learning Walt’s secret. Like her husband, she justified it to herself by claiming she had no choice (“I’m going to die soon and I must leave my family with enough money to survive and thrive,” “My dumbass spouse has become a meth kingpin behind my back and I have no choice but to launder his fortunate lest he drag me and our children down with him”).

To hate her because she’s “annoying” or a “bitch” is sociopathic drivel from people who think Walt did nothing wrong.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It”s probably classism on my part. He triggered a visceral disgust in me, for reasons I can”t articulate in my cannabis-addled state. If it really turns out to be class-based discrimination on my part, I will have some poo poo to work on for myself.

He and Jeff are the kind of mean, bigoted okie hicks who'd have dragged Joe behind a truck years ago if he wasn't surrounded 24/7 by tigers, guns, and passionately loyal felons

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 5, 2020

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Waltzing Along posted:

They would all just die lol. Christ

Not to mention they’d hang out around villages and poo poo and probably kill a bunch of people

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Skylar wasn’t a bitch. Walt spent three seasons gaslighting her constantly. We don’t want Walter to get caught because he’s the hero of the show and we’re rooting for him, but that doesn’t mean that Skylar was unreasonable to be constantly questioning him and complaining about his bizarre, secretive behavior. And what he was doing ended up being so much worse than she could possibly have imagined.

Skylar’s real crime was just that, the crime she participated in after learning Walt’s secret. Like her husband, she justified it to herself by claiming she had no choice (“I’m going to die soon and I must leave my family with enough money to survive and thrive,” “My dumbass spouse has become a meth kingpin behind my back and I have no choice but to launder his fortunate lest he drag me and our children down with him”).

To hate her because she’s “annoying” or a “bitch” is sociopathic drivel from people who think Walt did nothing wrong.

Sir this is a tiger petting zoo

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

just gonna dump my old pet tiger in the woods when I get bored with it like a 600lb stray dog, I'm saving the environment

also

lmao

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Like moths to a porch light.