Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

J.theYellow posted:

He said an independent prosecutor might be on the table, but announcing anything that sounds like the intention to nail the guy that effectively just less than 50% of the American public voted for and you'd really rather not piss off before you take office, before you take office, does not sound, politically speaking, wise.

I know y'all are the military, but consider the messaging.

Voter turnout was about 66%, so just under 33% of the eligible American public voted for their big wet orange daddy.

Like acebuckeye says, the system as currently designed is further and further warped to let a smaller and smaller part of the population decide who wins, because otherwise the GOP falls permanently out of power.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

You're not in school anymore, you don't get points for more words.

Let's take one thing you've asserted though, that labor unions are opposed to Medicare for All. I would say that labor leaders are opposed while the rank and file union members are in favor of it as they are smart enough to recognize a better deal when they see one. The leadership is in with the upper higher ups in the Democratic Party and are beholden to the moneyed interests of the health care industry. They are opposed to changing that status quo because it takes away their power as union leaders and it takes away from profits for the insurance companies.

The Nevada caucus was a good example of this. The party line leading up to it was to not vote for Sanders because his M4A program would end the benefits the union had fought for. The union membership overwhelmingly voted for him.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/2/19/21142592/nevada-culinary-union-nevada-caucuses-sanders-medicare-for-all

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Chances that Biden cancels Operations Faithful Patriot and Guardian Support?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Faithful_Patriot

https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1333379656716783619

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/28/us/trump-biden-border-wall.html

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Considering the messaging is going to be ThE dEfEcIt!!!! why waste time or money taking some half assed wall?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Given the quality of what's been built, it'll fall down on its own soon enough.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if there is any draw down of any CBP or ICE cruelty.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Liquid Communism posted:

The really sad thing is that even if every section of the wall was torn down the moment Biden took office, there's no reversing much of the ecological and archaeological damage that has already been done.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Every new republican pres that comes in puts up more wall. It never gets removed only repaired.

Hell I think Clinton added more wall iirc.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Liquid Communism posted:

I am fully expecting Biden to finish building it at great cost to American taxpayers.

Then it will fall down.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

TCD posted:

Considering the messaging is going to be ThE dEfEcIt!!!! why waste time or money taking some half assed wall?

I bet you a dollar he doesn't cancel the Guard mission costing millions of dollars.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I wouldn't be surprised if the DOD pushed to end the border mission on January 21st because the funds going to that mission for active duty troops is absolutely having an impact on other training events. I'm sure the local hotels and restaurants like all the new business though.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Mustang posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the DOD pushed to end the border mission on January 21st because the funds going to that mission for active duty troops is absolutely having an impact on other training events. I'm sure the local hotels and restaurants like all the new business though.

Active Duty maybe, but they're now sending Guard UH-72 units to provide border support on 365 day Title 10 orders, like a regular deployment.

That has been illuminating if only to see how many states treat the Lakotas as an after thought. The company from the Indiana guard had one pilot for 4 aircraft, and he was the CO. Most states use the 72 flight school slots to send people to Rucker, then use those pilots to fill out the advanced airframe units.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the border wall is a sideshow distraction when we have serious loving work to be done for this nation, why would we waste our efforts on that? we need to drill down on getting back to basics and unfucking our institutions by giving cabinet and advisor roles to Meghan McCain and John Kasich and putting efforts in to further persecuting the progressive members of DNC Congress who also happen to include a lot of women of color

GOP will get 2022 and 2024 handed to them these loving idiots are the second greatest risk to our democracy after the GOP and the whole 'well at least they aren't the GOP!' line is loving played out but we're probably too far gone for any progress in the next decade

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Post made in error!

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 1, 2020

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

When does Joe become CE?

He's got the same rhetoric as Ronald Reagan.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1335346208106291206?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-08/biden-administration-will-create-position-to-reach-conservatives

Might as well call it “Undersecretary of Kicking the Football” or “Undersecretary of Getting Perpetually Outflanked from the Right”

~most progressive administration everrrrrrr~

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

We did it, we successfully navigated the golden path through space-time that results in Sealab 2021 becoming a documentary.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/ayanaBnuby/status/1346232028459659264?s=20

And the baby’s name was Pvt. Albert Einstein, USMC Kamala Harris.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

that one was insane enough that i doubted it, but feel fwee to see the quote in its original context: https://www.elle.com/culture/a34225242/kamala-harris-interview/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
How the hell does that happen. Goddamnit, can we not just hand ammunition to the chuds?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Godholio posted:

How the hell does that happen. Goddamnit, can we not just hand ammunition to the chuds?

This is what you voted for.

This is what you yelled at everyone else to vote for.

Now you have to own it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Chuds were just so close to turning into leftists but then they heard an embarrassing story about a centrist democrat.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

Now you have to own it.

Let's play a game called "either don't be an rear end in a top hat or don't post."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

PeterCat posted:

Now you have to own it.

You're right, I should've voted for Trump in my swing state instead.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Godholio posted:

Silly centrist, if we had all just unified into a critical mass of NoJoe posting energy, President-Elect Hawkins wouldn't be embarrassing us like this :colbert:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
biden won, again