Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

There's been a lot of talk about Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W in various other threads - so much so that the mods of this subforum have asked me to step in and create this megathread to contain discussion, and I have obliged!

Who made the album Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W?
Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W is an album by Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, a British rock band. It was recorded in 1975 and released in the same year.

Who was in the band Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow?
The album Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W by Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow was comprised of bandleader and guitarist Richie Blackmore, lead vocalist Ronald 'James' Dio, Micky 'Lee' Soule on keyboards, bassist Craig Gruber, and percussionist Gary Driscoll. Shoshana appears with backing vocals.

What songs are on Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W?
There are nine songs on Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W, and they are Man on the Silver Mountain, Self Portrait, Black Sheep of the Family, Catch the Rainbow, Snake Charmer, Temple of the King, If You Don't Like Rock 'n' Roll, Sixteenth Century Greensleeves, and Still I'm Sad.

How did Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W do in the charts?
Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W's peaked at #11 in the UK Album Charts in the United Kingdom, and #30 on the Billboard 200 in the USA.

Have any notable artists covered any of the songs featured on Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W?
Yes, but none of them as good as Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

What is your opinion of Ritchie Blackmore's R-A-I-N-B-O-W?
I think it's a very good album, especially two of the songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I've just found out that you can listen to basically every song on this album, and many more, on https://www.youtube.com. Give it a try sometime!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Rainbow ftw.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Yeah

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Pretty confident to say my favorite tracks from this album, in order:

1) The Temple of the King
2) Catch the Rainbow
3) Man on the Silver Mountain

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A human heart posted:

Rainbow ftw.

Hell yeah! :respek:

strong bird posted:

Pretty confident to say my favorite tracks from this album, in order:

1) The Temple of the King
2) Catch the Rainbow

That's a great list! After some consideration, my top three for this album would have to be the following:

1) Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
2) Catch the Rainbow

(I think my overall top two favourite Rainbow songs are 'Stargazer' and 'Kill the King' though, however they're not from this album)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol remember that time ritchie blackmore bitched about the direction deep purple was going in and called it "shoeshine" music