Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a nigga who smoke posted:

very cool what's your second event

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Fleetwood Crack posted:

I wouldn't gently caress with the world wars. We learned that nukes and genocide were both very bad and ww2 got us modern computing.

Did we though?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Modern computing is actually very bad because it brought us your posting

If I went back in time I'd kick old man Babbage right in his ballsack, and Turing too for good measure.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would travel to 1940 and kill gary gygax thus preventing the invention of videogame lootcrates or micro-transaction "XP boosts"

then i would travel to 2000 and would make Al Gore win the election against George Bush, just to prove to everyone that it would make absolutely no difference

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 27, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
push rupert murdoch down the stairs

in that case ill have a coke

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
1 Go back in time 30ish years and deliver myself as a baby.

2 Follow that up by kidnapping myself as a baby and raising myself to be faster, smarter, and stronger with my wealth of knowledge.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Bloopsy posted:

OP's birth. That's it.

My own birth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Car Hater posted:

My own birth

I always knew you were a motherfucker.

I didn't know you resented it so much.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd go kick Arnold Schoenberg's rear end on Jan 1, 1920. He knows why. No need for a second change

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Prevent Lenin's stroke.

Make sure Henry Wallace got the VP spot instead of Truman.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I would go back in time to treat a couple of people better and explore the butterfly effect.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
It feels like the genie or whatever is really setting you up for something here, like by specifying the second event you're essentially guaranteeing the first doesn't really change anything.
So, I'd say
1) go back 100 years and ask me what thing I want to change right now
2) change what I ask for

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Fleetwood Crack posted:

I wouldn't gently caress with the world wars. We learned that nukes and genocide were both very bad and ww2 got us modern computing.

I wouldn’t gently caress with anything prior to the end of the Cold War, honestly. Too much chance of the world ending up as an irradiated hellscape.

Like, you could go kill Hitler in 1936 or whatever, but nuclear weapons would inevitably still be created and their development and early history could involve multiple countries nuking the poo poo out of each other instead of ending up at a standstill like we did.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 28, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I feel like the world is doing pretty good right noe so I think it would be hubris to try and change anything

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Rutibex posted:

i would travel to 1940 and kill gary gygax thus preventing the invention of videogame lootcrates or micro-transaction "XP boosts"

then i would travel to 2000 and would make Al Gore win the election against George Bush, just to prove to everyone that it would make absolutely no difference

I doubt Al Gore would have invaded Iraq, and if you put it off at least 4 years the country wouldn’t be as stoned on misguided patriotism.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Schwza posted:

Make sure Henry Wallace got the VP spot instead of Truman.

This is a good one.

Make sure lowtax's parents never meet and kill this forum before it ever had a chance to start.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

guidoanselmi posted:

This is a good one.

Make sure lowtax's parents never meet and kill this forum before it ever had a chance to start.

This also kills 4chan and probably Reddit. 3 birds with one time stone

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

well admittedly one of mine has to be going back in time an not loving up my own thread in the first post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you go far enough and wipe out the whole human race by maybe kicking the first protohuman monkey man directly in the balls, it would erase all your embarrassments