Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Lol no issue, if I wasn't buried in finishing nursing school I have tons of poo poo I could share from the last year. Including a literal negligent homicide, an insane idea that a dual chamber pacemaker keeps a heart pumping in cardiac arrest. A guy that got a swanzgath Cath in his lung to plug a hole, a literal fist fight between a life and nurse and an insane narcissistic family member.

poo poo it's been a wild year and that's just off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Not mine but a work colleague's wife went to an work team building exercise involving an indoor archery range.
After the usual safety talk about not firing when people are down range collecting arrows etc they all do a round with a few people hitting the targets.
The colleague's wife goes down to collect some from her target when disaster strikes - involving an arrow but probably not in the way you are expecting this story to go.

You see as she went to lean down to pluck one of the arrows out of the target, due to the angle and perspective she was at in relation to the target she could not see one of the other arrows properly. To her it would of looked just like a small circle on the target where you can only see the end of the shaft and not the rest of the body which was 1-2ft long.
So as she leant down to extract an arrow there was enough speed and momentum to skewer one of her eyes directly onto the shaft of the arrow she couldn't properly see.
Kept the eye, lost the eyesight in that one though.

A bit more humorous, a few years back I was in hospital due to an impending appendix rupture. As i was getting my details taken by a nurse I feel and exclaim my sudden need to vomit.
I move towards a nearby communal sink in the ward and the nurse thrusts a recycled cardboard container shaped like a hot water bottle with an almost tube opening at the end. A strange shape, and not much of an opening to get my mouth on, bit of a design flaw but whatever I don't have the time to think about it.
I half get out a thank you as I spew my guts into it this hole instead of the sink as I also think "gee it was quick of her to stop me causing a biohazard in this sink".

She doesn't say anything but takes the container off of me and hands me another one. As I haven't finished vomiting, I dutifully throw up into this one too.
She takes it off me again, this time with a tut and also giving me a annoyed look before handing me another one. I'm about to throw up again into the new one when she shouts "No! I want you to pee in this" before snatching it back and pushing my head over the sink.

Its at that point I understand why a cardboard container shape like this would be far more ideal for pissing into rather than vomiting in.
Once I finish up, feeling like the idiot I am I protest to the nurse:
A) Why when I am vomiting would you hand over a disposable item like that an not expect it to be used to throw up into.
B) Why this request for a urine sample could not have waited until I had stopped vomiting.
C) As I look around and spot now on the shelf above the sink, why she could not have handed me the recycled cardboard containers shaped like a bowl specifically meant to be thrown up in during the whole ordeal?

Looking back it's obvious but hey I was trying to throw up without causing a mess.

Slavik has a new favorite as of 12:22 on Apr 4, 2022

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

elise the great posted:

I don’t even remember what all stories I’ve shared in the old thread anymore. Sharing them as two-bite tales of the grotesque was fun and cool, and it’s interesting to look back at them sometimes and watch my tiny baby nurse self first revel in the horrible, then become jaded, then learn compassion and empathy for through that jadedness. When I wrote them up as blog narratives, it felt too much like I was exploiting their suffering for my own creative gain; I still have really complicated feelings about having written the godawful tale of the guy that got eaten as if it were a ~cool edgy horror story~ with a punch line.

But the single-serving gross poo poo is my lifeblood. Hell yeah you can vomit poo poo if you get backed up enough; you can even drown in that shitvomit. If you have abdominal surgery for a shitjam that pops, you can end up with fistulae, scarred and skin-lined holes that dispense fecal slurry from your poorly healed belly wounds. (Ostomies tend to be neat and tidy and healthy and easy to care for; fistulae tend to be oozing portals to intestinal hell.) There is no end to the loving horror that intestines are capable of when they malfunction.

I wish I still had your chicken story.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I’ve posted a number of terrible things about chicken, which one ya looking for

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The one where :nms: God told her to stuff it up her pussy and sew it shut

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
OH GOD OH gently caress 🤮

Yeah I think my brain erased that to protect me lmaooo. I don’t know what drives people to shove things inside their vaginas to “give birth” to whatever demon baby they think is gonna evolve from that chicken etc, but “I put something into my vagina so I can give birth to the Antichrist” is a common enough theme in severe delusions. Blugh.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

You must now inflict it upon PYF, do it, do it, doooooo iiiiiiit

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My big brother is a surgical nurse. He told me a story about a procedure he worked on to cauterize something down a woman’s throat. Well, they accidentally had her breathing 100 percent oxygen. When the surgeon went to burn whatever an Apollo 1 type thing happened but in this poor woman’s throat

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

My big brother is a surgical nurse. He told me a story about a procedure he worked on to cauterize something down a woman’s throat. Well, they accidentally had her breathing 100 percent oxygen. When the surgeon went to burn whatever an Apollo 1 type thing happened but in this poor woman’s throat

Jesus Christ. Did she die? Did she die instantly?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ariong posted:

Jesus Christ. Did she die? Did she die instantly?

She died and unfortunately for her not instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cat Hassler posted:

Hooolllyyy goddamn