Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly can't believe the shot of the madman wearing a brett favre jersey to a cubs/cardinals game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is a really bad documentary lol

Luckily I'm content watching dingers and having occasional snippets of Sammy Sosa interviews

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yeah, this blows

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Now this is a puff piece, holy poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcgwire is insanely boring even for a baseball player

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Pussy Boss posted:

Put Mark McGwire in the Hall of Fame, cowards

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
15 minutes left and they barely even mentioned PEDs loving lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ROID UP, HIT DINGERS

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if you wanted this to be focused on Literally George Will moralizing about steroids instead of big beefy boys bangin' bombs then you deserve to be given a swirlie

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 15, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sammy and big mac did nothing wrong, who has the courage to take the cream and the clear and blast dingers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

should be legal for a team to have a pinch hitter who is geared to the gills and enters the stadium with his own theme song

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sammy tell the ricketts family to gently caress themselves

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

sammy tell the ricketts family to gently caress themselves

Hey man, we put McGwire in our Hall of Fame. It was cute, he cried.

To be fair, Mark seems like a crier.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Goddamn Bob Costas is a sanctimonious douchebag

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

if you wanted this to be focused on Literally George Will moralizing about steroids instead of big beefy boys bangin' bombs then you deserve to be given a swirlie

They still brought in George Will and Bob Costas to talk about steroids so it's the worst of both worlds

Should have opened with the Sammy interview where he was like "Everyone was on loving steroids and I'm the problem???" and made it a doc about how Steroids Saved Baseball

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This film seemed like it was bending over backwards to stay "objective" or "gotta hear both sides" and ended up having nothing to say about the era or McGwire/Sosa's legacies.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the thing i took away from this is the true fact that it is cool to roid up and hit dingers

gonna go get some roids and blast moonshots

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'd like a doc on the whole 1998 cubs: wood, sosa, rod beck, game 163 for the first playoff berth in 10 years, getting owned by of all people greg maddux in the playoffs, what a loving season

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still salty about Griffey's random August slump that ended his chase early :(

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mostly just mad that they somehow managed to make a boring documentary about dingers featuring footage of Sammy Sosa scoffing at people who care about him using steroids & talking about how god picked him over Griffey in '98

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should have interviewed Canseco, i bet he was available

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

they should have interviewed Canseco, i bet he was available

i bet they totally did but the footage is unusable because jose canseco's brain is mush and he can't string together coherent thoughts

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why did they try to pawn off modern Wrigley shots with fans as if it happened in 1998? Like they had a shot of Sosa homering and crowd cheering with World Series and Kris Bryant jerseys. Just for HD shots? Cubs broadcasts were known for great crowd shots back in the day.

https://twitter.com/BCB_Sara/status/1272356851632439296

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Niwrad posted:

Why did they try to pawn off modern Wrigley shots with fans as if it happened in 1998? Like they had a shot of Sosa homering and crowd cheering with World Series and Kris Bryant jerseys. Just for HD shots? Cubs broadcasts were known for great crowd shots back in the day.

https://twitter.com/BCB_Sara/status/1272356851632439296

They did the same thing with St. Louis shots; tons of Yadi and MCarp jerseys. I assume it was so they had HD shots.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Also they cropped in any score bug so it wouldn’t show the network. Which was weird.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Barry Bonds did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

Barry Bonds did nothing wrong