Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Laterite posted:

The Special Editions really should have clued us in for what was to come with the prequels. I watched all of them in the theater as they were released and everything added was both incredibly distracting and incredibly superfluous.

They add very little to Empire Strikes Back. Like the most noticeable thing to me is a new Darth Vader line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_JvPo5vMDk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I liked the Special Editions... :smith:

I know that the Jabba song is a bit much, but I liked the tentacles added to the desert's butthole.

Also, I saw this gif. It made me lol.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

I liked the Special Editions... :smith:

I know that the Jabba song is a bit much, but I liked the tentacles added to the desert's butthole.

Also, I saw this gif. It made me lol.

The original is a very silly execution of an already very silly concept, but the problem is that as with all of the special edition CG and quite a lot of the prequel CG, it looks terrible. Like even the worst stuff from the original cantina has far more longevity than the CG that looked bad even at the time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Owen and Anakin should've been orphaned brothers in the prequels who grew up as smugglers. The two of them would eventually cross paths with Obi-Wan, go on an adventure together, and by the end of the film Obi-Wan convinces Anakin to join the Jedi Order at the onset of the Clone War, much to the dismay of Owen.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

We should have seen what the Trade Federation was doing to Naboo's people.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would like a Star Wars film set during the republic period where a Jedi gets sent to a farming world to unravel a local crime mystery in the close knit community. No galaxy spanning threat, just a taut thriller.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zack Snyder should direct a Star Wars movie.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

teagone posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Barudak posted:

I would like a Star Wars film set during the republic period where a Jedi gets sent to a farming world to unravel a local crime mystery in the close knit community. No galaxy spanning threat, just a taut thriller.

They could easily do this kinda thing. Like, an hour long thing straight to Disney+. No need to spend a billion dollars on a feature film.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

teagone posted:

This was allegedly on the table way back when Disney first bought Lucasfilm. One of the early rumors was that he was developing a Jedi-centric movie based on Seven Samurai, which was possibly going to be set between Episodes 6 and 7 (at that point being written by Michael Arndt).

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

This is something I would legitimately like to see Rian Johnson write & direct.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Anakin did nothing wrong.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Barudak posted:

This will be the Obiwan series. Hth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A star wars film that is about a legendary innovator in podracing and helped bring the sport to galactic attention

dialhforhero posted:

This will be the Obiwan series. Hth

I think it will not be, as it was pitched as being between episode III and IV so they could use Ewan McGregor again.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sodomy Hussein posted:

They add very little to Empire Strikes Back. Like the most noticeable thing to me is a new Darth Vader line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_JvPo5vMDk

I think I liked the ESB SE the most for that reason. They did add a ton of little things to Cloud City that stand out if you watch the original near it, like it's very very obvious that Cloud City is like one hallway and two rooms, they did a decent job with adding window space/etc. stuff to give a better impression of it being the large bustling sky city it's supposed to be without it being overly distracting like the stuff in A New Hope/etc.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I would like to see a young Qui-Gon Jinn movie/series.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I want a story about Luke's son...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Robot Style posted:

This was allegedly on the table way back when Disney first bought Lucasfilm. One of the early rumors was that he was developing a Jedi-centric movie based on Seven Samurai, which was possibly going to be set between Episodes 6 and 7 (at that point being written by Michael Arndt).

Yep, I remember those rumors. Still holding out hope that it happens.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Laterite posted:

This is something I would legitimately like to see Rian Johnson write & direct.
Same, but David Lynch. And he gets final cut!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Give Lynch a short film. He'd kill on it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

mind the walrus posted:

Give Lynch a short film. He'd kill on it.

Let's just declare "What Did Jack Do?" to be canon star wars.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
They should remake or edit every previously existing film or tv show into Star Wars, like turn the mom from what's eating Gilbert grape into a hutt, or bill and ted, but rufus is a wookie, and some would take less work, like Annie Hall with Woodie Allen as a Sith Lord.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Citizen Kane as a Star Wars movie, but replace the snow globe with a holocron holding the wisdom of Jedi Master Roe Zbud

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Bogus Adventure posted:

Citizen Kane as a Star Wars movie, but replace the snow globe with a holocron holding the wisdom of Jedi Master Roe Zbud

Other way, edit ROTJ so that Yoda's last words are "There is another....Rosebud"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

TROS should have ended with Rey on Ach-To instead of Tatooine.