Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
The year is 2020 and a mysterious plague has enveloped the globe. With humanity of the brink of implosion we must resort to seeking refuge ---underground...in a secret volcano lair. Sealed in a secure, undisclosed location, the goons of SomethingAwful(.com) must establish a hideaway to endure this inevitable apocalypse. We must develop a lair worthy of long-term isolation. So Goons, we're gonna need some amenities/culture/provisions/anything to support our survival but, mostly our entertainment until we all die.

Inspired by other collaborative projects in the past, now seems to be a great opportunity for us to once again show the internet that nothing is beyond our own stupidity and ridiculousness (but also the creative genius that lies within these here forums).

Anyway, here are the starter constraints:

A typical room cell will be 200px wide x 60px tall. Please try to keep to this scaling.

I've decided to stack sections next to each other to keep the math sane so a 2x2 section would still be 400px x 120px, a 1x3 would be 200px x 180px and so on. Half or quarter widths are fine but please no less than 60px tall.

Once I get enough images, I'll start putting all of them together to make one, large image similar to the original GoonBase. I like pixel art but feel free to choose whichever style you'd like.

Here's what I'll start off with to give a general format idea:

I'll also be refining the portions that I've done.

Past goon projects:
Goonbase 1.0
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1692558&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

GoonTower Thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802720

And of course Goon City but that seems to have disappeared???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Reserved for progress.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God i bet that stinks. :boehner: