Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the fact that there are so many memorable and great moments in spite of Vince kicking and screaming to make the show dogshit really says something about the caliber of talent that has been through there over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Jerusalem posted:

The Bret Hart reunion with Owen and Bulldog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwoJhUNSPQ

God loving drat this was an amazing segment. The look Bret gives to the crowd as he hugs his brother, simultaneously,"gently caress you people, you're scum," and,"Haha I got away with it, he's back with me again" was so loving perfect.

Some people thought Bret couldn't cut promos?!

"Yeah, USA :rolleyes:" :vince:

Owen ruffles Bret’s hair as a rib and Bret is trying his best not to corpse.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

I was in the building for this, in Providence! I will never forget how hot this crowd was, and a moment that will always stick with me is at 3:23 in this video, when he starts the build up to the knee from the corner. For some reason this time he decided to do a slow yes buildup, and you can hear the crowd try to do the quicker cadence at first, but when they realize what he's doing, EVERYONE gets back in time with him. I distinctly remember the spaces between the YES being little pin-drop silences. Such an incredible moment for a performer to have a whole building in the palm of your hand like that.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

God loving drat this was an amazing segment. The look Bret gives to the crowd as he hugs his brother, simultaneously,"gently caress you people, you're scum," and,"Haha I got away with it, he's back with me again" was so loving perfect.

That was such a heartwarming face turn. Except for the part where the crowd booed it because they turned heel.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I was lucky enough to see The Rock vs. Hogan at WM18 in person and being in that crowd is the most fun I've ever had with wrestling ever. It's made even better by the fact that the invasion angle was underwhelming yet this match over-delivered even with the huge expectations going into it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

It's the perfect ending to the brotherly rivalry in which seemingly Owen won the moral ground with Bret admitting it was the people who pit them against each other. One of the few times a rivalry had a beginning middle and end.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Salty Affair posted:

I was lucky enough to see The Rock vs. Hogan at WM18 in person and being in that crowd is the most fun I've ever had with wrestling ever. It's made even better by the fact that the invasion angle was underwhelming yet this match over-delivered even with the huge expectations going into it.

Same for me at Wrestlemania 30. It was so drat satisfying to get exactly what I wanted at that event and it's so rare these days that I will always treasure that memory.

I have a funny story from before the event. I went with 2 friends and when we were waiting outside the Superdome one of my friends said he lost his tickets. So we were helping him look for them for a while and my friend turned to me and was like man what do we do if he can't find his tickets?

And I said, well I got mine still lol. He found them in his pocket eventually but I would have totally gone in without em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

That was such a heartwarming face turn. Except for the part where the crowd booed it because they turned heel.

Bret's anti-America angle where he outright said he was the good guy everywhere else in the world and maybe that meant the problem wasn't him, the problem was America was just incredible. That entire run with the reunited Hart Foundation running through Canadian Stampede and Bret winning the title back from Undertaker (and a livid HBK being forced to be the one who counted the pinfall for his hated rival)... God it was all so loving good.