Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

that don't require too much practice to master.

-Play shirtless (this will put the attention on your cut upper torso)

-Just let the guitar dangle on the strap as you hang onto the mic with both hands and just wail into it!

-Strut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
If your guitar has a whammy bar, it doesn't even matter what you do with the strings

Escape From Noise

Gross Dude posted:

If your guitar has a whammy bar, it doesn't even matter what you do with the strings

:hmmyes:

Escape From Noise

Start naming off members of the band. If you run out of members use/make up past members and/or start naming staff and crew

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Meet me at the crossroads at midnight and we can work something out

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

nut

don’t play the big guitar I’ve been told that’s not a guitar

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

Get a keytar and just hit the "demo" button

biosterous

close your eyes halfway and tilt your head back and suck your bottom lip between your teeth. congrats, you are now a blues legend

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
This is something of a more advanced tip, but be sure to smash the absolute heck out of your guitar and/or set it on fire at the end of your set, it's a certified way to show rock fans you're a "cool dude"

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Figure out your guitar's weak spots and verbally abuse it until it gently weeps.

While it's sitting there being a big crybaby reap up all the sweet, sweet rewards just like the Beatles did.

Macnult

make sure you learn every string on the guitar. you might feel like you only need one, but there are six for a reason

Macnult

if someone asks you about wanting to learn guitar, tell them that they should start with an acoustic guitar before moving on to electric. everyone who is good at guitar says this

Macnult

remember KISS =
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

there is no need to go wild with tongue, especially if it's your first time playing guitar

Trying

nut posted:

I will never not octobass

Trying

Anyway, just slather whatever you're playing in so much distortion that whatever your puny human fingers are doing is an irrelevance compared to the cyclopean tone which you are getting and then get Really Mean and Really Slow

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Remember, Practice snakes perfect. Therefore, always have snakes on you

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

wearing a lampshade

Gross Dude posted:

Replace the strings with whammy bars, replace your whammy bar with the head of Peter Frampton

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the "D" in "drop D" stands for Deuce op

u need to be rlly pinchin one hard to truly fine ur sound

nut

dont play the small guitar look what it did to jason mraz

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

just memorize all the different hand shapes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

barfdog

do that rad thing where you throw the guitar over your shoulder and it spins 360 around your body landing right back where it started, wow!

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Finger Prince

watho posted:

just memorize all the different hand shapes

The Crab, the Lobster, 1st through 5th form Grasping Monkey, Washing Racoon... Those will get you into the 7th Circle.

nut

don’t wear sleeves they get in the way wear shorts so ur knees are not restrained remember to Clean the hair trap after you play

tadashi

Ask the roadie to unplug your guitar before the show starts, then kill the roadie before you go out for the encore so that nobody ever knows you're poo poo at playing.

Jaguars!

oh but seriously I posted:

Anyway, just slather whatever you're playing in so much distortion that whatever your puny human fingers are doing is an irrelevance compared to the cyclopean tone which you are getting and then get Really Mean and Really Slow

Do this with a delay pedal and you too can be just like U2

unknown butthole

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
honestly you can play just simple chords as long as you do it with confidence and everyone else knows what they are doing people will think you are cool.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

if you're about to go on stage, but you have some schmutz stuck in your teeth, for example broccoli or some shrimp tails, well you're in luck, because guitars also come with picks, so get pickin'.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't ever play anything by Ed sheeran and you'll be good at guitar

Chrs

Have one in your house to impress the ladies but if they ever ask you to play it just change the subject

Escape From Noise

Chrs posted:

Have one in your house to impress the ladies but if they ever ask you to play it just change the subject

Pro move

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Save money on an amplifier and instead just scream each note as you play it

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

if your guitar has an f-hole fill it up w/ some kush & do the ol' jimmy hendrix woodstock on that bad boy

nut

don’t sit on guitar hnless you have two guitar

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

ask everyone if they want to be in a band with you, on guitar, then never show up to practice

Pahilla the Hun fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 5, 2020

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Here's a short film I made once about a guitar tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6eQ3fXPOQ

biosterous

make sure to tune your guitar like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqoVQ-IBOug

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Fuzz Boxer

sticking with whatever fails
I know they're cool but don't pick a flying V as your first guitar. Start with a flying A and work your way up from there.

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

carry guitar picks in your pockets at all times and look for ways to casually drop them

"oh how'd that get in there..."

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartGhost

a good "tip" for guitar playing would be a fingertip with lots of callus on it, because it hurts a lot in the beginning