Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh hey, just noticed this thread. I started painting again in the last few weeks after taking some time off and this is what I've got so far, expanding out my Orks and Raven Guard:

Some Raven Guard Infiltrators:

Kayvaan Shrike (I cut his helmet off his belt cause I didn't like his dumb face):

New Ghazghkull Thraka (bought just the ghaz sprues off ebay):

At about 80% on some aggressors, devestator centurians, and an extra megatrakk scrapjet as well. They all look 'good enough' for now though so I think I'm gonna shift over and start on a phobos captain and lieutenant.

E: sorry forgot to read, here's a group shot with timestamp

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Challenge completed. I'll get better pictures soon.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
3 more large troops!

I am particularly pleased with the way the "blue crab" coloring came out on the Chuul.

That should put me at:
Infantry - 40
Large Infantry - 9
Monsters - 4
Special Characters - 2

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 29, 2020

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
ok so here's my contribution to H.A.M.S:

5 Gnolls:

If Safety Factory isn't already broke...

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Better picture of Monday's thunderhawk.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

How did you break the curse? How are you alive!?

The trick is to be too poor to afford minis more than once in a blue moon.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up a Impulsor!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

6 dwarves, 6 different brown beards! Can you tell the difference between Catachan Flesh, Dryad Bark, and Rhynox Hide? I can, but only barely. One of the dwarves had a manufacturing flaw on his head, so I made him a helm out of green stuff. It's the one that isn't batman and whose eyebrows poke up out of it.

Plus two creepy fishmen. I'm not sold on the matte finish on the fishmen, I'm tempted to brush on some future to make them look shiny and gross.

That should put me at:
Infantry - 45
Large Infantry - 12
Monsters - 4
Special Characters - 2

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

Nearly at the end of my marine backlog just in time for 9th.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Five more adventurers...

Five weirdos...

and five more adventurers!

I'm a little disappointed, though. I didn't do anything differently, humidity was around 40%, and the minis frosted up. Same varnish I've used previously, it's just disappointing. I'm going to toss that rattlecan. Nothing is too badly hosed by it, except for the Haunted Armor in the weirdos pack. Since I can't get a replacement in before the 16th this is probably the last batch of minis I'll be able to post.

Everything on this shelf was painted for Hams for Hunger.

That should put me at:
Infantry - 60
Large Infantry - 12
Monsters - 4
Special Characters - 2

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finished gluing and priming my Yu Jing Invincible last night.

Had trouble gluing the blades to the shoulders, resulting in a thin layer of glue over the shoulders, leading to a slightly rougher texture and some details on the left shoulder getting filled in. RIP overall quality, but I'm sure enough gloss varnish over the first coat will normalize everything.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

Last marine of 8th edition

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Turned out ok.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Five more Intercessors before the deadline tomorrow, if there's still funds left in the pot

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
A few more last-minute things I've been painting. I've got 3 characters, a 3-man squad of eradicators, and 2 individual assault intercessors. Call it 3 characters and a 5-man squad.
Captain:

Lieutenant:

Judiciar:

Eradicator Squad:

Assault Intercessors:

And a timestamp:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
My final entry I submit before god and safety factor.

3 graviton rapier batteries and a sicaran punisher.

Yo safetyfactor lemme know what my donation tab ends up being tia.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I really dig that it looks like someone's been using the side of the tank as a blackboard.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

I really dig that it looks like someone's been using the side of the tank as a blackboard.

Cthonian gang signs! They’re one of my favorite bits of SOH fluff.

Arili
Oct 7, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm The Salynne In The OP.

I have been working on this Warbringer Nemesis Titan for Legio Vulpa since March 13th, and it wasn't painted at all until this started.

After being challenged I set out to really try to finish this to my painting standards by the deadline but unfortunately I only made it about 95% of the way there. That said, I think you would be remiss not to count this after 300+ hours of work. I am close enough that I will finish this weekend.

The main reason I agreed to do something so intense to such a high standard is because I wanted to make an impression to talk about my chosen charity, the Okra Project.

https://www.theokraproject.com/

This charity is dedicated to helping black trans lives for the better, including feeding them. As a double whammy of marginalized groups, they are hit hard by coronavirus. If you have anything you are planning to spare for charity and aren't sure where to put that money, please consider The Okra Project.

Arili
Oct 7, 2010

Arili posted:

Hi everyone,

I have been working on this Warbringer Nemesis Titan for Legio Vulpa since March 13th, and it wasn't painted at all until this started.

After being challenged I set out to really try to finish this to my painting standards by the deadline but unfortunately I only made it about 95% of the way there. That said, I think you would be remiss not to count this after 300+ hours of work. I am close enough that I will finish this weekend.

The main reason I agreed to do something so intense to such a high standard is because I wanted to make an impression to talk about my chosen charity, the Okra Project.

This charity is dedicated to helping black trans lives for the better, including feeding them. As a double whammy of marginalized groups, they are hit hard by coronavirus. If you have anything you are planning to spare for charity and aren't sure where to put that money, please consider The Okra Project.

Oh yeah and lowtax still doesn't care about trans people

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Not gonna lie, best Titan I have seen today.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aaaaaaaaaand we're done! Brushes down!

Sorry, y'all. I know I've been absent, but the last month or so has been hellish in more ways than one. I'm still alive, I'm still employed, and I'm still on my tiny jungle island. I've just been going through some personal poo poo I'd really rather not air here. That's on top of unreliable internet. I had weeks where it just wasn't an option at night. Or it would die as soon as I thought about doing something. However, I recently moved to a different apartment and can finally load all the dang pictures in here without tearing my hair out or killing my internet.

Again, I apologize for disappearing, I kind of fell into a shame spiral about it and continued to avoid the thread. It was needlessly stupid of me and I don't know why I did it.

Anyways, I will be honoring my commitments, don't worry. I should have time tomorrow to get a full tabulation going and we'll see where it goes from there.

If there are any challenge models still floating around, please feel free to continue working on them. I'll be lenient. :v:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Safety Factor posted:

Sorry, y'all. I know I've been absent, but the last month or so has been hellish in more ways than one. I'm still alive, I'm still employed, and I'm still on my tiny jungle island. I've just been going through some personal poo poo I'd really rather not air here. That's on top of unreliable internet. I had weeks where it just wasn't an option at night. Or it would die as soon as I thought about doing something. However, I recently moved to a different apartment and can finally load all the dang pictures in here without tearing my hair out or killing my internet.

Again, I apologize for disappearing, I kind of fell into a shame spiral about it and continued to avoid the thread. It was needlessly stupid of me and I don't know why I did it.

Anyways, I will be honoring my commitments, don't worry. I should have time tomorrow to get a full tabulation going and we'll see where it goes from there.

If there are any challenge models still floating around, please feel free to continue working on them. I'll be lenient. :v:

Look after yourself and don't sweat the small stuff.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Glad to hear you're still doing well, Safety Factor. If we didn't absolutely max out the donation requirements let me know - I have a bunch of unposted stuff that I've painted from Indomitus and other releases for Goonhammer that I can post to get us there, and let me know when you want Goonhammer to make its donation.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Arili posted:

Hi everyone,

1: this owns
2: As I promised in CHALLENGE MODE:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

You're a good person, Safety Factor.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Figure it was time to update with the progress on my 28mm Reaver. Did I finish? No. Did I get close? Absolutely not.

:negative:

Arili
Oct 7, 2010

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Figure it was time to update with the progress on my 28mm Reaver. Did I finish? No. Did I get close? Absolutely not.

:negative:

I doubted you every second.

Here's the money for charity anyways, but know that you failed them in your heart.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Arili posted:

I doubted you every second.

Here's the money for charity anyways, but know that you failed them in your heart.

:shobon:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Congrats to everyone challenging and completing challenges, and to Safety Factor for their incredible generosity in these times, and of course everyone who painted. Y'all great.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Hasn't been a ton of activity here but there was more than enough to justify us pitching in and donating. Per our promise, Goonhammer donated $500 to Unicorn Riot, and we pitched in an extra $100 to the Houston Food bank.

Thanks again for setting all of this up, Safety Factor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This thread seems to have played out. It was an amazing thing and everyone who participated is wonderful, but it's time to de-sticky it.