Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ay mask off though gently caress THAT BABY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Turns out this is Musks 7th son. That, and the weird name points to some kind of satanic ritual imo.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

cnut
May 3, 2016

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Get your donkey to the planet Mars.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Ruttiger would have been better. Ruttiger Musk

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

interwhat posted:

Imagine procreating and turning that human life into a meme before it even has a snowballs chance in hell at life. Im gonna kill myself

this baby is gonna be fuckoff rich from day 1, don't matter what the name it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's nothing he could have done here.
Oh they named the baby something weird? What idiots.
Oh they named the baby Fred? Like King Frederick II of Prussia? Like he's so Great? Like he's gonna be the king over all of us? He thinks his baby is so great?

Literally nothing would have made anyone happy in any way.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Shoulda called it Animal

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Rich people get away with having stupid names because they never have to interact with anyone who isn't also rich, and all they see is they dollar signs attached to the names rather than the names themselves.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bet half of you itt have the same reaction to any non-western European names (and nothing weird ok? Don't name your babby Otto or Guillermo)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

Rich people get away with having stupid names because they never have to interact with anyone who isn't also rich, and all they see is they dollar signs attached to the names rather than the names themselves.

What are they 'getting away' with?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Colonel Cancer posted:

Bet half of you itt have the same reaction to any non-western European names (and nothing weird ok? Don't name your babby Otto or Guillermo)

How much you wanna bet?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Honestly surprised Elon Musk didn't go for a baby name from one of his favorite animes.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

What are they 'getting away' with?

People seem to think this kid will get bullied for having a stupid name, but they forget the kid will go to a rich person school or be be tutored at home or something, and will never have to apply for any sort of job to live.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

And that's something that should happen to them otherwise by default

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I don't think kids should suffer for their parents' decisions, but sadly it happens.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mooey Cow posted:

I don't think kids should suffer for their parents' decisions, but sadly it happens.

Ok anti-natalist

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Klyith posted:

It's a common mistake to mispronounce æ as 'ay' or 'eye', when it is actually a long e.

So futurebaby's name is pronounced "eks eee"

https://twitter.com/KalhanR/status/1258583623432916999

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I would seriously prefer a Steeeve or a Kevun over X Ae A12.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
OU812?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I was expecting just a straight up cartoon alien name such as Klorgon or Zip-Zip-Klorgon, what we got is more of a SKU number

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bronze Fonz posted:

I would seriously prefer a Steeeve or a Kevun over X Ae A12.

Luuuuuke

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 23, 2021

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

Oh they named the baby Fred? Like King Frederick II of Prussia? Like he's so Great? Like he's gonna be the king over all of us? He thinks his baby is so great?

Yes that's what everyone's reaction would have been, the people who obsessively follow celebrities to the point of knowing the names of their babies definitely also know who Frederick II of Prussia was

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

WRONG.

Limbo, the place for the unbaptized and the virtuous pagans, is the first circle of hell. Purgatory is a different thing entirely. Nobody is letting all those babies into purgatory.

It's very important that we stay accurate about these things, here in the X Elven Archangel thread.

In this household, while we acknowledge the contribution of Dante to the modern western perception of Hell but do not accept his representation, which is fraught with allegory, bias and perceptions of a high middle ages Venetian yet is not endorsed by the papacy nor any holy synod mister

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Yes that's what everyone's reaction would have been, the people who obsessively follow celebrities to the point of knowing the names of their babies definitely also know who Frederick II of Prussia was

Clearly I was aiming for specifically making a Frederick II wicked burn there and not just pulling a loving name out of the hat to prove a goddamn point that they could pick any mundane name on the planet and get poo poo on for it.

Yes. Specifically I meant the only other possible option was: "They will name the child Frederick and others would then look up notable Fredericks of old and deride them for it, notably Frederick II of Prussia against whom I bear personal animus". Great take. Ya fuckin nailed it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Colonel Cancer posted:

You're right. My mom named me Sharpnip $πGim and I named my son Upside-down Clitoris 14. Now all these Europeans are mocking us.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

Clearly I was aiming for specifically making a Frederick II wicked burn there and not just pulling a loving name out of the hat to prove a goddamn point that they could pick any mundane name on the planet and get poo poo on for it.

Yes. Specifically I meant the only other possible option was: "They will name the child Frederick and others would then look up notable Fredericks of old and deride them for it, notably Frederick II of Prussia against whom I bear personal animus". Great take. Ya fuckin nailed it.

I'm just playin' bro. Actually, now that I think about it, goons are where the two groups overlap

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

In a past life my incredibly wealth native american family had named all my siblings according to guidance from the spiritual traditions of our tribe. Except for me. My father wanted to be different, we had no alphabet to spell it with but phonetically it was "Chet".

Luckily we were rich as hell so I got away with it though. It owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

1redflag posted:

I am the child formerly known as xXSephiroth69Xx

I'm pretty sure I never saw an AIM/Xanga name as dumb as Elon Musk's baby's name.