Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

down n out posted:

I sympathize with boomers that are about to retire because they are the first to feel the repercussions of the dismantling of the social safety net. Social security is a pittance, pensions aren’t common, and many haven’t saved nearly enough to sustain 10+ years of no work with high medical costs. What else can you be hopeful for besides getting a fat profit for the house you bought for a carton of cigarettes back in the early 70’s

how bout a nursing home with wildly high std rates

or perhaps some legal weed to take your mind off the skyrocketing cost of prescription medications that you dont have a prescription for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swbm
May 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gay men don't have to buy expensive gifts for their wives op

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

swbm posted:

Gay men don't have to buy expensive gifts for their wives op

lol if you think a gay husband does not have the potential to waste even more money

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

JK Fresco posted:

But why is this bad?

It sounds like they have everything they esnt snd you don't

You had a stroke mid sentence so I don't know what you're asking.

However, want breeds suffering.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

However, want breeds suffering.
We must stop wanting at the source!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

guitartorch posted:

Boomers are the last gasp of the american left

:laffo:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

down n out posted:

I sympathize with boomers that are about to retire because they are the first to feel the repercussions of the dismantling of the social safety net. Social security is a pittance, pensions aren’t common, and many haven’t saved nearly enough to sustain 10+ years of no work with high medical costs. What else can you be hopeful for besides getting a fat profit for the house you bought for a carton of cigarettes back in the early 70’s

lol yes lets all feel sympathetic for a generation that routinely comes out to the polls in droves to stamp out any attempts to expand the social safety net an inch away from their own lawns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

ante posted:

OP, I just entered it into a mortgage calculator, and a 25-year mortgage on a $1M house at 2.89% (admittedly, a very good rate) is $4676.19 per month.

Usually people recommend keeping living costs to like, a third of your income, so if you're paying $4700 * 12 = $56,400, and someone would "only" need to make $169,000 (nice) to make that "reasonable".

If it's a dual income family, I wouldn't even feel that mad about it

With no down payment, accounting for taxes, PMI and insurance you are looking at about $900-$1300 additional per month.