Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

agreeing with this entire post because its correct, minus crossover talk because gently caress em

there's nothing wrong with crossovers and i don't get the hate you car guys have for them

it's just a car that's slightly taller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

FCKGW posted:

there's nothing wrong with crossovers and i don't get the hate you car guys have for them

it's just a car that's slightly taller

car guys hate them because they're tall cars made intentionally boring. Longer, slower steering racks, gentle suspension, no body rigidity, usually a regular car engine in a heavier chassis mated to an uninspiring automatic transmission, and boring soft exterior styling to match everything inside

CR-Vs and Rav4s are great appliances, very reliable and functional, but as a toy they're even lamer than a bone stock modern corolla

e: also the "AWD" set up is usually a joke, FWD with computers that allow the rear wheels to be powered occasionally

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 14, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
SITTING HIGHER UP IS SAFER GUYS!!!!

Ah gently caress I'm late to pick up Susie from softball practice. *re-corks wine bottle and puts in fridge*

Where are my keeeyyyssss ugh!!!!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

bird with big dick posted:

I have three vehicles with a total of 1120 horsepower.

Surprised you managed to fit an entire collection of my little ponies into just the three corollas.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

car guys hate them because they're tall cars made intentionally boring. Longer, slower steering racks, gentle suspension, no body rigidity, usually a regular car engine in a heavier chassis mated to an uninspiring automatic transmission, and boring soft exterior styling to match everything inside

these all sound like positives tbh

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

SITTING HIGHER UP IS SAFER GUYS!!!!

Ah gently caress I'm late to pick up Susie from softball practice. *re-corks wine bottle and puts in fridge*

Where are my keeeyyyssss ugh!!!!

lol imagine a stick poking out of my car's floorboards that i have to manually jiggle around just to get to the store, just lol

*gets in car and pushes button to go*

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

CR-Vs and Rav4s are great appliances, very reliable and functional, but as a toy they're even lamer than a bone stock modern corolla

e: also the "AWD" set up is usually a joke, FWD with computers that allow the rear wheels to be powered occasionally

This is true. I have a vw Tiguan that's basically a chonkier vw rabbit. But, it fits my tall kids in the backseat no problem and I can toss a bike in the back without having to take it all apart.

The awd option is a joke like you said. It can be disabled by pulling out a fuse.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Rad-daddio posted:

The awd option is a joke like you said. It can be disabled by pulling out a fuse.

First thing I do when driving in the winter is turn off the traction control. I prefer to know how my vehicle is going to react to slippery/mixed conditions, rather than have my car's idiot computer randomly throw varying amounts of power to random tires, totally negating any manner of braking/steering I'm currently engaged in.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FCKGW posted:

lol imagine a stick poking out of my car's floorboards that i have to manually jiggle around just to get to the store, just lol

*gets in car and pushes button to go*

Imagine if your go button was electric instead so you saved the fuel for sticker waggler lovers

That would be cool, unless your store is 300 miles away

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I bought a 4Runner TRD Offroad for 38 grand. Ford is smoking crack.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/d/gig-harbor-fb-rx7-rally-car/7121222385.html

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

omg don't buy an rx7 to rally/rx in. I seen literally every single one at our track blow up last year in some fashion (3 of them lol). Even the Audis and the Porsche 944 outlast them

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like to plug fun words like turbo, modified, lowered, race car, etc into craigslist with absurdly low dollar price filters

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lafarg posted:

I bought a 4Runner TRD Offroad for 38 grand. Ford is smoking crack.

I wanted to like the new Ranger but it loving sucks. Toyota's 4Runner and Taco are great.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

:yeshaha:

quote:

Coilovers (But raised up for the winter)
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/langley-township-east-2003-honda/7121830517.html

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 14, 2020

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

i like to plug fun words like turbo, modified, lowered, race car, etc into craigslist with absurdly low dollar price filters

I search the car section priced low to high so I can daydream about doing neutral drops in a 300 dollar shitbox until the transmission falls out.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

:lol: It's the goon bathroom of car interiors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

someone posted a photoshop

quote:

2002 Blazer Conv - $39000

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/langley-2002-blazer-conv/7122062250.html
:confused: