Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
from The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > AEW Dynamite 1/8: Walking in (Greater) Memphis (Area)

karmicknight posted:

Less than a week after the forbidden portal remained closed and Hiromu got loving owned by large lads (will die mad about the junior division), AEW presents its second show of 2020 from Southhaven, Mississippi in what is being called the "Greater Memphis Area" generously (? I don't actually know). We've got four things advertised for Dynamite this week:

Chrishoper Daniels vs. Zack Sabre Jr

The first match on the docket was made last week after SCU discussed british wrestling star Zack Sabre Jr in a package hyping up his signing with All Elite Wrestling. ZSJ rules, so its great to see him in AEW and it'll be cool to see him wrestling Christopher Daniels. This should be a good showcase of the ZSJ style and Daniels probably can eat the loss as a veteran with the respect of the crowd. Hopefully ZSJ gets to promo after the match because his promos are a thing of beauty and seeing them on TNT will be wonderful.

The Elite (Young Bucks and Cowboy Bebop) vs. Best Friends (w/ Orang Cassidy, Tracy Williams, and Drew Gulak) and Lucha Brothers

The Elite and Adam Page (seriously, he left the group in like November) combine forces as Page and Omega (who have been teaming semi-frequently in december and it seems AEW is continuing with that) team with the Young Bucks to take on the group that really shouldn't work together asthe Best Friends will team with the Lucha Brothers. It very much feels like "hey let's put together the teams that are stars in the division now that Santana and Ortiz are out and we need to establish FTR before they can face SCU."

But I can try to suss out the stories: Best Friends have a win over Lucha Brothers from November, the Elite is slowly exploding, and one of these teams seems like the next challenger for SCU.

Chris Jericho (and the Inner Circle) demands an apology of Jon Moxley

It's time for another passage in the grand story of Le Champion Chris Jericho, as last week it seemed like the Inner Circle was dead and buried, with AEW firing Jake Hager (yay) and optioning the contracts of Santana and Oritz (not yay) to NWA for reasons, but a big time debut (or group of debuts) from AEW's draft class helped refill Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara's ranks. With these new bruisers at his back, Jericho is demanding an apology and (presumably) fealty to Le Champion from Moxley who is once again woefully outnumbered by the Inner Circle.

Mox did post this on twitter, so he might know what's up.

AEW Women's World Championship: Kris Statlander vs. Riho

And finally the match I am actually most exited for, the AEW Women's World title is on the line as Riho defends her belt in back to back weeks against the Galaxy's Greatest Alien Kris Stat(lander). Either of these two winning this match would be phenomenal as both have fun story options for holding the belt. Kris Stat was forced to wait out a week from when the match was allegedy expected to happen, but this match is going to rule and I am so excited to see it. And there won't be any weird bullshit or heel intereference in this main event. (Impact GDT, heh)

All this and presumably some more and some pitches to the future on AEW Dynamite on TNT.

ALL HAIL THE DARK ORDER

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I can't wait for Jon Moxley to team up with Neil Diamond Cutter

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ROH Newswire - Four HOT matches announced for Worldwide!

On the next episode of Worldwide, LIVE from Philadelphia's 2300 Arena, we're bringing you 4 exciting tournament matches!

After his big Tag Wars win on the first Worldwide of 2020, John Silver goes for seconds as he takes on a mystery competitor in the quarterfinals of the Top Prospect Tournament! Will this be Paul Heyman's Beast?

In a high flying showcase, Uhaa Nation takes on Samuray Del Sol! Will Samuray be victorious in his Worldwide debut, or will Uhaa find him just Too Easy?

Fujin and Raijin will take on the Squat Team in a Tag Wars quarterfinal!

And in our main event, a mystery team will take on Generation Now of Alex Shelley and Austin Aries! Will Paul Heyman reveal two new dangerous allies on this episode?

Also in action:
Dalton Castle
The Briscoes
Psycho Clown makes his ROH debut!

Who will win? Who will be revealed? Who is THE BEAST?

I Before E fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 17, 2020

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
shiiiit i need to remember to put a "lifetime television presents" graphic on my template thats important

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NXT 1/8: Tag Team Special, by Hal P. Hyde, exclusive to thesh00tinggallery.blogspot.com

What a crazy week in the world of sports entertainment. Every company brought their A-game, there were over a dozen hours of new-era shows for fans to enjoy, and I think we can all agree that’s a very good thing. But now, it’s time for the Black and Gold Brand to set the pace again with the start of the Dusty Classic. The best division on the best show gets a spotlight. Let’s check it out.

HHH welcomes us to NXT's Tag Special
Once again, hard spotlight on The Creator to begin. Triple H puts over the history of tag team wrestling, both in and out of NXT. From legendary teams like DX, Evolution, and the Two Man Power Trip to modern classics like DIY, the Undisputed Era, and American Alpha, it is truly the gem of the business. He declares that tonight is a Tag Team Special, with all matches being contested between groups. What a treat for your intrepid reviewer.

Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster vs Karrion Kross and ???
Andrews and Webster are out first, high fiving and stage diving. The fans love it, but soon it is time to fall and pray. Kross and Scarlett come out without their mystery partner. Then a storm strikes the arena, thunder and lightning raging around the Full Sail Arena. What could this mean? One final blast of thunder throws the arena into darkness. Scarlett informs us that The God of Thunder has descended upon us. Sure enough, Lashley comes out, wearing sharp new lightning bolt-emblazoned trunks. He looks like a million dollars and the two heels swarm over the unlucky Brits. You get the sense this one could end any time they wanted, but Kross and Lashley take their time, but eventually a Dominator fells Flash. I would not want to face these two in the semifinals, that’s for sure.
Winners: Karrion Kross and Lashley

Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink vs DIY
After that surprise, we get a bit more of a known quantity, at least at first. The hungry duo of Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink look to upset early favorites Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa. Gargano offers a handshake at the beginning of the match, which is refused by Thorne. This would go on to set the tone for the rest of the encounter, with Shane and Brendan disrespecting both their opponents and the rules. However, they were not the only ones to dip into the villainous playbook. At the twelve minute mark, Vink grabbed a small package on Gargano and the upset seemed to be at hand, but Ciampa was able to suddenly convince the ref that the tag rope was malfunctioning and that it needed to be taken care of right this instant, allowing Gargano to reverse the pressure and get the 1 2 3 once that crisis was resolved. After the match, Thorne offered Gargano the same handshake, with less of a smile, and received a slap in the face for his trouble. Not sure who they are facing next, but that team had better watch out. We’ve seen what these two can do when the gloves are off.
Winners: DIY

Firefly Funhouse
Bray Wyatt is shocked to see the change in DIY’s mindset. He tells that everyone has dark thoughts like that, but it’s important to never listen to them, or you’ll end up just like Him. He then starts to launch into another point, but Abby The Witch interrupts with laughter. She won’t stop laughing, what’s going on? Huskus and Ramblin’ Rabbit seem very worried. We finally get a look at the cackling witch and she looks different.

After we get a few seconds to observe her new look, it fades to black. What lesson does this teach?

Tegan Nox and Toni Storm vs Dakota Kai and ???
Up next, we are promised a series of non-tournament tag matches that will feature new faces on the black and gold brand. Out first is Tegan Nox, who has secured some backup in her quest to Shiniest Wizard Dakota Kai’s head right off her body: NXT UK luminary Toni Storm. Tegan calls out Dakota for a tag match, assuming she can find a partner she hasn’t backstabbed yet. Dakota and Raquel Gonzalez make their appearance, but Raquel isn’t dressed to compete. Dakota then says she has someone she sees eye to eye with and out comes recent AEW cut Penelope Ford, with Kip Sabian in tow. It seems that the pair are still tied together, and still Superbad. It’s clear that neither Nox or Storm have scouted Penelope Ford, so they are on the back foot in this contest. Just as it appears Toni Storm is about to build a head of steam and set up a big running clothesline, Kip Sabian jumps on the apron and grabs her. A kick from Nox sweeps his legs out, but the damage is done, and Toni walks straight into a stunner for the three count. I wonder if these two villains will maintain this relationship going forward.
Winners: Dakota Kai and Penelope Ford

WALTER, Donovan Dijakovic, and ??? vs Killian Dain, Bronson Reed, and ???

We are treated to two mystery partners for this one. Out first are the heels. WALTER comes out, still without the rest of Imperium, and is joined by Dijakovic. Joining them is former indie and Impact bruiser Willie Mack, who looks like he is all business here tonight. They stand in the ring and await their opponents. Our heroes also have an international flavor, as Killian Dain begins the entrances for his side. He is joined by the colossus from Down Under, because what this match really needed was a little more weight. But who will be their partner? In response, we hear the call of The World’s Largest Love Machine. Viscera. and out comes a giant man in the familiar beige pajamas as the saxophones blare. I’m not sure who this is, but he’s got to be 400 pounds at least, and his introduction declares him El Hijo De Viscera. So that’s happening. Anyway, there’s no time to dwell on that as there is nearly a ton of humanity in the ring and we are off to the races. This is just big meaty men slapping meat, and it is glorious. Frequent tags on both sides allow for a variety of matchups, and the most impressive moment is probably Dijakovic getting El Hijo De Viscera over his head for a scoop slam. Eventually, however, WALTER keeps big Bronson down for the count. This was fun.
Winners: WALTER, Dijakovic, and Mack

Io Shirai and Candace LaRae vs Bianca Belair and Asuka

No surprise entrants here, just four of the best in the business doing their thing. I was somewhat surprised to see LaRae teaming with the villainous Shirai, but if the beginning of the show is anything to go off, the entire Garganoverse has decided it’s time to be evil and this just confirms it. The EST of NXT starts against Candace, and their match is predictably exciting, but after a few minutes, both are out of gas and it’s time to tag, bringing us a legit dream match. Asuka and Io Shirai are two of the best to come out of Japan and they bring the Joshi impact here in NXT. Stiff strikes, brutal submissions, and the most beautiful moonsault in the business follow as these two string together ten minutes of pure magic. Eventually, we get into another phase, as both teams make rapid tags to try to get the advantage, and Asuka grabs Candace in the Asuka Lock in the chaos for the submission victory. This was an absolute must-watch.
Winners: Bianca Belair and Asuka

Adam Cole vs Keith Lee Brawl

However, we don’t have time to bask in the glow of that classic, as we are sent to the back where there is some sort of scuffle going on. Once a camera can get close enough, we see that Keith Lee and Adam Cole are tearing each other apart in the hallway. This is a crazy brawl, as both men employ anything they can get their hands on to try to destroy each other. Cole finds himself without his normal backup, but makes up for it with garbage can shots, thrown cups of coffee, and more. The exclamation point however, goes the other direction as Keith Lee ends the segment by hurling Cole bodily through a glass door into an office. We see Lee dust himself off and walk away, his point made.
Winner?: Keith Lee

Matt Riddle and Chad Gable vs Two Black Guys with Tattoos
After their match last week was interrupted, it seems that Matt Riddle and Chad Gable ended up with enough respect for each other to join up and enter the Dusty Classic, but they have a tall order in front of them with the more practiced team of Ricochet and Aliester Black. This was a clash of styles, with the flying heroics and brutal strikes of the Two Guys against the pure grappling of the other two guys. A back and forth match ensued, with bursts of high speed action brought down after a takedown or suplex, only for an escape to start another sprint. Ricochet goes for a 630, but Riddle is able to twist around while the super hero flies and grab him in the Bromission for the tap. This was a fun little match.
Winners: Matt Riddle and Chad Gable

Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch vs Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly

And now finally our main event of the evening. Fish and O’Reilly are against the entire idea of this tournament, so they have decided to blow it up from the inside and win the title shot against themselves to prove no one else deserves it. Lorcan and Burch are underdogs with a puncher’s chance. The smashmouth duo is clearly not intimidated at all of the champions, coming straight for them with brutal strikes. However, The Undisputed Era haven’t been champions for months because they were bad at their jobs. They quickly regain the advantage and spend a few minutes working over Danny Burch. Once the hot tag to Oney is made though, things take a turn. Lorcan is a house of fire, throwing punches and elbows with wild abandon. Finally, after taking a moment to kick a prone Burch off the apron, Bobby Fish turns around into one last elbow strike, both men collapsing spent to the mat, Lorcan on top. The ref counts the fall, and Cinderella is headed to the semi-finals! The Undisputed Era can’t believe it. Lorcan and Burch can’t believe it. I can’t believe it. Wrestling is great. That’s our show.
Winners: Lorcan and Burch

Quick Results:
Kross and Lashley def Webster and Andrews
DIY def Thorne and Vink
Kai and Ford def Nox and Storm
WALTER, Dijakovic, and Mack def Dain, Reed, and El Hijo De Viscera
Asuka and Belair def Shirai and LaRae
Riddle and Gable def Two Black Guys With Tattoos
Lorcan and Burch defeat The Undisputed Era

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
New thread! Post there instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Closing this thread as apparently Hiram isn't around to do it and there's a new one now?