Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I hope you got her something! Really though give her a call. Unless she's horrible or dead in which case goondolences either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We were going to drive down about an hour one way but not visit due to quarantine and all, just to drop off a card and some potted flowers we have but she's working (hospice care) from 10-6 today and wants to do it next weekend instead. idk why since we're not really visiting but that's what she wants so ok ma.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dixville posted:

I hope you got her something! Really though give her a call. Unless she's horrible or dead in which case goondolences either way.

i got something for your mother right here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what is it?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Is it chocolate? I hope it's chocolate

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I want a bite!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've got 4" of semi-turgid chocolate for your mom. Tell her I'm sorry I left her Snickers in the car.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

do you need someone to go get it so it doesn't melt?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

It's on the dash of my $32,700 Ford Explorer. I can pm my address.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Sir Not Appearing posted:

It's on the dash of my $32,700 Ford Explorer. I can pm my address.

oh man, you don't want that ruining your plasticy interior

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I got her a card. I signed it for my brother too because I knew he wouldn't do anything lol (I'm the good son)

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I live about 200 miles away from my mom and haven't seen her in a few months, so I sent her a really nice flower arrangement from a local flower shop in her area. She loved it!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
thinkin about the way Tony Soprano says "mudda"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/1259553780288442372

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Mother's Day was last week.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I ordered flowers, but they won't get there until Tuesday.

I'm a bad son because I ordered late forgetting COVID-19 would create labour shortages for deliveries.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
What do you think microwave got his mom?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

French Canadian posted:

What do you think microwave got his mom?

A walker. She's old enough for retirement and then some by now, dang.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I ordered flowers, but they won't get there until Tuesday.

I'm a bad son because I ordered late forgetting COVID-19 would create labour shortages for deliveries.

I used send crappy online flowers because I'm lazy as hell to my girlfriend, mom, etc, but I've been going with a local flower shop in the recipient's area more recently. It's cheaper or similar pricing for much higher quality flowers than Bouqs, FTD, or the like. Local flower shops are often happy to setup same-day or next day delivery at the last minute too, unlike the big name national services that won't do same-day delivery unless you're lucky or will delay your Mother's Day flowers when you ordered two weeks ago.

Or just visit your mom and bring her flowers if you can!!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 10, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Oooh so that's why everyone was buying flowers at the store today

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I got my mother a nice new Covid infection

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
Hip hip loving hooray. Ugh. So, me goons, I got to spend my Mother's Day afternoon in a Zoom call with my mom's live-in compound. Specifically, a call about "emphasizing matriarchal achievments". My brother Paul came over so our two dumb asses could crowd around a computer screen and watch three loving hours of middle-aged women step into a completely white room, sit down, and lecture and monologue about how their children have "abandoned" them for a doomed society. One woman's entire segment was about how Paymon has "fertilized her mind", and Paul cracked "yeah, with horse poo poo" at which point we realized we were not on mute (which explained the Gandolfinian breathing we had been hearing echoes of throughout the duration of the call). Fortunately, I think she was sitting too far from the monitor to see who had spoke, and the Liaison manning the call seemed asleep at the wheel by this point.

So eventually we get to my mom's segment, and to her credit, unlike a lot of her peers, she actually discussed being a mom. I was actually getting kind of choked up, and then it begins.

She starts talking about Paul and Mary (my sister, we are not on good terms so she was not here today), and the "orgasmic" experience she had giving birth to them. gently caress. It is absolute torture to hear about. In reality, this bit of commentary was mostly just an aside in an otherwise expansive speech about how being pregnant and the act of giving birth can be a powerful, all-encompassing experience, but still, it was certainly the detail that stood out like a sore thumb.

Paul is mortified. I'm furious. Because yet again - loving yet again - I am needlessly made to feel inferior to my siblings. That is what this has always been about, this was her parenting technique with me. Every aside, every anecdote, every interaction made to make me feel like I either don't exist or have failed at rising to even the level of adequate. In fact, she didn't mention my birth at all (though in the past, I certainly have been told it was unpleasant and that my doctor said I had the "most annoying crying [he'd] ever heard").

The only mention I got in the call at all was "Matt, I sure hope you've been enjoying all the time you've had to play your game recently" (referring to the pandemic and her mistaken belief that I lost my job because of it). And I know what she means by your game. She's still loving talking about Morrowind, a game I have not played in literally five or more years. She doesn't even begin to know that I have started several non-gaming projects or - within the gaming world - am currently kicking rear end and taking names in Yakuza 0, a wildly different experience than Morrowind.

So yeah, it's Mother's Day. Who gives a poo poo.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
told both of my parents to gently caress off after the Michigan primary

Obeah posted:

:words: that I'll give the benefit of the doubt to and say they aren't a fakepost of some sort

dude just tell them to write you out of the will and then block her number

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Obeah posted:

Hip hip loving hooray. Ugh. So, me goons, I got to spend my Mother's Day afternoon in a Zoom call with my mom's live-in compound. Specifically, a call about "emphasizing matriarchal achievments". My brother Paul came over so our two dumb asses could crowd around a computer screen and watch three loving hours of middle-aged women step into a completely white room, sit down, and lecture and monologue about how their children have "abandoned" them for a doomed society. One woman's entire segment was about how Paymon has "fertilized her mind", and Paul cracked "yeah, with horse poo poo" at which point we realized we were not on mute (which explained the Gandolfinian breathing we had been hearing echoes of throughout the duration of the call). Fortunately, I think she was sitting too far from the monitor to see who had spoke, and the Liaison manning the call seemed asleep at the wheel by this point.

So eventually we get to my mom's segment, and to her credit, unlike a lot of her peers, she actually discussed being a mom. I was actually getting kind of choked up, and then it begins.

She starts talking about Paul and Mary (my sister, we are not on good terms so she was not here today), and the "orgasmic" experience she had giving birth to them. gently caress. It is absolute torture to hear about. In reality, this bit of commentary was mostly just an aside in an otherwise expansive speech about how being pregnant and the act of giving birth can be a powerful, all-encompassing experience, but still, it was certainly the detail that stood out like a sore thumb.

Paul is mortified. I'm furious. Because yet again - loving yet again - I am needlessly made to feel inferior to my siblings. That is what this has always been about, this was her parenting technique with me. Every aside, every anecdote, every interaction made to make me feel like I either don't exist or have failed at rising to even the level of adequate. In fact, she didn't mention my birth at all (though in the past, I certainly have been told it was unpleasant and that my doctor said I had the "most annoying crying [he'd] ever heard").

The only mention I got in the call at all was "Matt, I sure hope you've been enjoying all the time you've had to play your game recently" (referring to the pandemic and her mistaken belief that I lost my job because of it). And I know what she means by your game. She's still loving talking about Morrowind, a game I have not played in literally five or more years. She doesn't even begin to know that I have started several non-gaming projects or - within the gaming world - am currently kicking rear end and taking names in Yakuza 0, a wildly different experience than Morrowind.

Sounds like you have some resentment over the fact your brother and sister made your mum cum and you didn't.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Obeah posted:

I mean Morrowind IS a p good game tho

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Big Beef City posted:

I mean Morrowind IS a p good game tho

:wrong:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I used send crappy online flowers because I'm lazy as hell to my girlfriend, mom, etc, but I've been going with a local flower shop in the recipient's area more recently. It's cheaper or similar pricing for much higher quality flowers than Bouqs, FTD, or the like. Local flower shops are often happy to setup same-day or next day delivery at the last minute too, unlike the big name national services that won't do same-day delivery unless you're lucky or will delay your Mother's Day flowers when you ordered two weeks ago.

Or just visit your mom and bring her flowers if you can!!

There's two very good local flower shops in my little town, but both of them were at capacity due to staffing shortages. Not even the supermarkets had anything decent left.

This is the first time I've ordered online, and I wouldn't have done it had I not run out of options due to my procrastination. Bad son, etc.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Obeah posted:

Why didn't you block your family and never speak to them years ago?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Who What Now posted:

Sounds like you have some resentment over the fact your brother and sister made your mum cum and you didn't.

What in tarnation

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dixville posted:

What in tarnation

That was my reaction to the original post