Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
it has emotional notes that this stupid movie could never actually earn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAj_FZ3HkA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It is fitting the prequels have excellent music as they are excellent movies.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The Kylo Ren/First Order theme is the only Sequel music that I can even remember. Honestly, Williams was phoning it in as much as everyone else.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The sequel trilogy deserves him even less.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

yeah because he's a hack and couldn't create anything memorable for the sequels that weren't just rehashses

how many times did he use the endor into the Death Star music in 8 and 9?
although that could have been Disneys orders too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1Z-h74Ss4

this is the real poo poo, that scene was mind-blowing.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Neo Rasa posted:

The sequel trilogy deserves him even less.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
However, it's not like he put in his best work. The sequel trilogy music is some of the laziest poo poo that was ever shat out of a butt. They're poo poo soundtracks. They're made of rear end and poo.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

some of the prequel music is legitimately amazing, completely separate of the movies. across the stars is a legitimate great love theme. duel of the fates is prime star wars music.

those movies sans his music would manage to be less than they even are. as it is, now that theres..other star wars to compare it to... i actually, somehow, look back at the prequels much more fondly.

george lucas was kind of an idiot but at least i respected what he was TRYING to make. all of the movies he had a hand in had exceptionally well built settings and universes. coruscant, tattooine again. you got a really good feel for what those places could/should have been.

otoh, benicio del toro is basically a drunk criminal in the new ones and ill be damned if i know his theme song

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

SRQ posted:

yeah because he's a hack and couldn't create anything memorable for the sequels that weren't just rehashses

how many times did he use the endor into the Death Star music in 8 and 9?
although that could have been Disneys orders too
Wow who would've thought an octogenarian who's written hundreds of pieces throughout his life might and was tasked with scoring a trilogy of increasingly less watchable and emotionally relatable films would've been lacking for inspiration and enthusiasm!

I mean really, the final two Clone Wars episodes had a fantastic score (even though it was more Blade Runner than Star Wars, and you'd be mad to expect anything like that from John Williams), but let's keep a little perspective here.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

SRQ posted:

yeah because he's a hack

why are you even in a john williams thread w this opinion honestly. w/o him and marcia lucas lol at wtf we'd even be talking about with star wars. we'd probably be analyzing Star Trek: The Motion Picture for its surprisingly adept action scenes for star trek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Should've just reused his Harry Potter scores for the sequels