Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
A less confident Evil Overlord list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8Y4iFrWk8

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

That new Color Out of Space is supposed to be a good Nic Cage film.

The main thing I remember from Windtalkers was him badly injured then he takes out a pistol and one shots like four Japanese guys at range. I’m making it sound like a better movie than it is.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Nic cage movies are the real national treasure. The only thing America can truly be proud of

Bad lieutenant New Orleans is awesome. I wanna go watch it now

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

nick cage haters are categorical idiots

if any one hates the Nicholas Cage 90's Action Trilogy

1) The Rock
2) Con-Air
3) Face/Off

THEN gently caress OFF!!!! :flip: :flipoff:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocT0rdxXOhQ

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The Rock seems like it's in a separate class, an actual good movie.

Con Air and Face Off are just batshit crazy in the greatest possible way.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the rock is the best of the trilogy by a good margin, at least by conventional movie standards, my favorite scene is when nic cage's character gets out of the trashed ferrari and some dude on a moto is like "hey man you just hosed up your ferrari!" and the camera goes all low shot of cage and nic says "its not mine" :smug: lmao, then he steals the guys moto

con-air is cheesy but it works, its still legit good, and the casting is the best, i could go on about con-air its my personal favorite of the bunch

and face/off, well its got its moments but its very woo for better or worse, and id call it a "good bad movie" and the stunts are insane, and where else are you going to find nic cage doing a travolta or a travolta doing a nic cage imporession? we didnt ask for it, but we got it.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 12, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It is. But I would say watch Vampire's Kiss first.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Biohazard posted:

I didn't realize there were youtube channels with just full movies. That same channel has the movie "The Propostion" which is a great movie.

They don’t often last long since they’re usually pirated. Troma at one point put their entire catalogue up on their channel for free legally though. But it was like 10 years back and may not still be the case

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Harvey IS the bad lieutenant.

Fuckin' Strawberry!!!!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i guess not everyone learned in middle school that jambo is swahili for "hello"

the people kilmer's character is referring to are immigrants from east africa

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hi i dont know if this helps at all, but 3 people in my apartment condo all have dogs named yambo

so maybe its a dog thing

ok, good luck, bye

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

20 Blunts posted:

One thing I notice looking back is Nicholas Cage actually does show up and shine with good directors.

The scene where his policeman boss asks him if he’s “up for this” and the camera just cuts to him standing there looking like he genuinely just woke up from a 3 day drug binge and somehow managed to drag his rear end into work was phenomenal.

I think he had money issues for a long while and he ended up taking a lot quick pay checks that we’re looking more for that crazy kinetic energy rather than any sort of nuance and that’s sort of played into the perception that he’s a bit of a hack unfortunately.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

watch any nic cage interview where they ask him serious questions and be amazed at how much thought and effort he has invested in roles he actually cared about

for example, in vampire's kiss he was trying to do non-method, modern tribute to max schreck

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Thought this was gonna be about the harvey keitel bad lieutenant which is awesome

never saw the nic cage one

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Thought this was gonna be about the harvey keitel bad lieutenant which is awesome

never saw the nic cage one

it's worth it. directed by werner herzog!

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

numberoneposter posted:

and face/off, well its got its moments but its very woo for better or worse, and id call it a "good bad movie" and the stunts are insane, and where else are you going to find nic cage doing a travolta or a travolta doing a nic cage imporession? we didnt ask for it, but we got it.

Lol, Travolta does a nic cage impression but nic cage just continues being nic cage

And I wouldn't have it any other way

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

i love that herzog is the bad guy in Jack Reacher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMo4WlBmGM

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

drat I did not know this, gonna have to watch it

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It's loving fantastic. It would have to be the best, most over the top Lovecraft body horror movie ever made (I'm a Lovecraft fan). And Nic Cage is in his element. I'm a recent convert to his work (from these very forums), but have seen enough to know that he often plays semi-insane yet sensitive characters, 'wild and crazy guys' but as disturbing as they are comedic. In this movie he is basically made insane, and how he cares for his family while terrible horror is inflicted on all of them is a tragicomic masterpiece of which HPL would certainly approve, if he's not burning in hell (and I hope and pray he isn't). It's a masterpiece.

I first saw Color Out of Space at a new horror film festival last year and was extremely impressed, I'd say it was the best film of the festival. And I'm sure it will stand up to repeated viewings, though it's so gruellling to watch I skipped the arthouse cinema run. I'm buying the Bluray this week, it's going for a non-horrible 20-something bucks.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 13, 2020

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I really liked The Color out of Space too. This movie and Mandy have been recent Cage knockouts! Oh I also liked the one where parents start killing their children. I think it was called Mom and Dad. Some great Cage scenes in there.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
mom and dad was cool as hell.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
You are watching the wrong version. The good one is the one where Harvey Keitel asks 'show me what you look like sucking a cock'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igf7aLCSswM

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Nic Cage one is good. Harvey Keitel one is better.

somethingrofl
May 1, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i agree. Abel Ferrarra is God. Harvey Keitel. PIMPEST ever?

Size X Dick pills

farangdingdong.com

cock pump for huge cock

sorry ladies. im a zombie necrophiliac who loves his family

Torquemada. Inventor of Hell. Go full on Sith on these loving WHITE TRASH PERVERTS. NAZIS

I might be related to loving nazis. it sucks. lots of weed and panties and guns. lots of police around here. Lame

GTA 666 should be a female player.

its Harley Quinn and the rest of them. Birds of Prey. IT IS SO loving COOL.

sorry Mr. Smith, deepest apologies. New Jersey forever

somethingrofl
May 1, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'll work on the avatars, thank you for the feedback, I will disappear ban my account. there is no use for this guy, I deeply apologize for existed

31 year old KKKaren guy. year zero.

zoomers rule forever, jedis. the force. might be love. orgone.

I have mental issues

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

somethingrofl posted:

i'll work on the avatars, thank you for the feedback, I will disappear ban my account. there is no use for this guy, I deeply apologize for existed

31 year old KKKaren guy. year zero.

zoomers rule forever, jedis. the force. might be love. orgone.

I have mental issues

I like this dog

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Dear Watson posted:

Oh I also liked the one where parents start killing their children. I think it was called Mom and Dad. Some great Cage scenes in there.

violent sex idiot posted:

mom and dad was cool as hell.

Thirding this.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I still think it's weird he named himself after a black guy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Fuckin' iguana.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Well, you wouldn't think a vegetable could be a rascal slur. Then one day in the produce isle you make the mistake of asking a sweet old Italian lady what she thinks of the eggplants.

Ahem, aubergines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Fuckin' iguana.

PleeeeeEASE
Release me...