Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I am the kind of person who actually cries while reading greek tragedy. Yes that weak and immature.

To that effect, should I start on the hot new tale of an earnest person trying to do good within their power while braving the equivalent of a Trump presidency ages ago?

Sorry I am a BYOB poster for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Sure, as long as you've read the first two books :v:

Welcome to our glorious barn, by the way!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I wasn't that keen on it. That book really, really needed a tough edit. But Mantel's reached the "Too important to be edited" level so it didn't happen.

You could have left a third of that book on the cutting room floor and it would have been a far better book for it.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

I can't really imagine reading the first two and not finishing the series so, yes?

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Safety Biscuits posted:

Sure, as long as you've read the first two books :v:

Sure have. First was exhilarating. Second was just plain good. Emotionally, you know that when the gentlemen get their comeuppance i the best way possible you know that is the bone you've been thrown to keep your sanity.

Crimpolioni posted:

I can't really imagine reading the first two and not finishing the series so, yes?

I can always pretend that the technocrats win and the 1%ers lose and everyone lives happily ever after in at least the story if not real life. Or at least Cromwell dies in a beautiful way at peace with his maker.

Deptfordx posted:

I wasn't that keen on it. That book really, really needed a tough edit. But Mantel's reached the "Too important to be edited" level so it didn't happen.

I felt this way about Book 4 of ASOIF and don't mind reading through unnecessary material as long as it isn't actively infuriating to read like peering inside Tyrion and Cersei's innermost thoughts and finding them to be simpletons was to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bright Bart posted:

Sure have. First was exhilarating. Second was just plain good. Emotionally, you know that when the gentlemen get their comeuppance i the best way possible you know that is the bone you've been thrown to keep your sanity.

I can always pretend that the technocrats win and the 1%ers lose and everyone lives happily ever after in at least the story if not real life. Or at least Cromwell dies in a beautiful way at peace with his maker.

I felt this way about Book 4 of ASOIF and don't mind reading through unnecessary material as long as it isn't actively infuriating to read like peering inside Tyrion and Cersei's innermost thoughts and finding them to be simpletons was to me.

Well, I mean it's no secret how it all ends, but the ending is imo very beautiful and there's many good & poignant moments throughout the book even though I agree it might have benefited from some slight trimming. Go for it.