Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many 'ha' is your favorite?
ha
haha
hahaha
hahahaha
hahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
View Results

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Hello BYOB, hello friends.

Recently, a friend wrote something to me, which I found humorous, so I replied "ahaha". But then that same friend then responded with something else, which I also found humorous, and which was also an extension/expansion of the concept of the former message. In this case, I felt it most appropriate to respond with a "ahahahaha".

However, that got me thinking. How many 'ha' are appropriate for conveying laughter, or an appreciation of the humor of a given situation? Is there any official codified method for writing a plural version of 'ha'? If not, then there's an opportunity here to be the first to bring order to the chaos that is determining how many 'ha' to write, and to make history.

But I can't do it alone. I'm looking to gather a small cadre of BYOB's best and brightest to form The Committee To Determine How Many 'ha' To Write To Convey Laughter, a committee which will be formed to determine how many 'ha' to write to convey laughter.

Do I have any volunteers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

no gods no rulers no committees also three

Escape From Noise

Depends on how much it makes me laugh. Or how nice I want to be.

Heather Papps

hello friend

?>lmbo>lmao>lol>heh

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Bear Enthusiast

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
If I see "haha" it always reads as forced at best, if not sarcastic.

I have two friends who use it a lot and I always have to take a moment to process.

All caps is even worse in that regard, "HA HA" sounds like angry or spiteful forced laughing.

Heather Papps

hello friend

one of my oldest friends has always texted "hehe" or "hehehe" and i hate it very much but there is nothing i can do about

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I actually have a legit serious stance on this. When I chat online, I use "haha" as "I saw you posted something funny, but I don't feel like forming a relevant reply. I will at least acknowledge it". I use "hahaha" as "That was actually really funny, and I am stopping what I'm doing to give my attention to this peak humor", plus I will usually follow up with a relevant comment on the funny in question. If it exceeds hahaha, I will just start quickly mashing h and a until I have a mess that looks like "hahahhahaa...[etc]".

I will also use "lol" sarcastically in response to jokes that are clearly bad and dumb, but in a positive way.

High on the hog, 90's style.

cda

by Hand Knit
haha has a really complex usage profile... can mean a lot of things from mild amusement to irony

hahaha means i loled

adding an a to the front means it's sincere so ahaha means i was sincerely mildly amused and ahahaha means i loled...for real

Escape From Noise

I only use lol semi or fully ironically. Because I'm a massive jerk

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

OP you can mix it up too with prefixes like bwa- or mwa- or ba- or wa- etc and it thjnk ususlly mean you are laughing harder

bahahahahahahaahhahahabahahahahahahahahaahahahaHshhh

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Goons Are Gifts

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I only use lol semi or fully ironically. Because I'm a massive jerk

lol

Peg Sliderskew
1 is aggressive sarcasm, 2 is regular sarcasm, 3 is genuine, more than three swings wildly between very genuine and hella sarcastic with a dash of 'probably drug fuelled', although in BYOB 'probably' can be struck out.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

nut posted:

no gods no rulers no committees also three

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him