Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

An official remake of Chex Quest was released yesterday. They even adopted the modern gaming trend of hiding exclusive DLC behind coupon codes that you can collect by buying* carb-rich packaged food products.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

* No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Game will likely become abandonware soon since General Mills is mostly staying afloat due to home consumers' quarantine-era grocery runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I guess no one saw this? I played a little bit of it up to I think level 3. I mean, it's Chex Quest. A lot of the magic is gone since it isn't in a cereal box and im not in elementary school anymore.

That being said, having large portions of the screen being taken up by your costume is an odd design choice. Also, I legit almost died in the very first level because I was running out of ammo and there is very little feedback to know if you are getting hit.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i played the first level through and i'm not sure what to make of it. i never played the original, but i always saw such nostalgic remembrances of it, that i thought goons would get a kick out of this new one. it definitely has an early-90s-era FPS design vibe. very basic door-key level progression. uneven ammo distribution throughout the level and questionable UI choices. in those ways a person could say that it's a very faithful homage to the source material

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I mean, it's about as good as the original, but it's also been like 20 years. This was back during the time where I was excited about getting ANYTHING free in cereal.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
I played the original at release when I was 9 years old and not allowed to play Doom when my parents were around. It was great at the time, but I don't need to relive the experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish they adapted all the episodes the guy who made the original chex quest + later episodes made.